Status
Not open for further replies.

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
Being a contrary and passionate advocate for vaping i often ask establishments who have banned the use of vapourisers why they feel the need for a ban. For the usual answers (they look like cigarettes, we don't know what's in them etc) i will always (politely) try and educate. Often i will point out the flaws in their reasoning before excepting their rules. I know i sound like a zealot but that's just me...
I was out on a building site today and i asked why vapourisers were not allowed. The answer i received dumbfounded me. ' We don't allow them because non users could become addicted to the vapour'. . . How in hells name can i respond to that ?

plehem12

Jan 2, 2015
Area 1, Korea
Agree with him, let him know you never thought of that. Raise his hand in the air, loudly exclaim that this man is the smartest person to ever live for anyone within earshot. While he basks in his glory, you deviously look around, let go of his hand, rip your shirt off to reveal a pro-ECF shirt underneath to his disbelief and before he can react properly you turn and clothesline him to hell. Give him a couple elbow drops and then drop down to his level and yell generic cuss words and insults in his face, spitting with every word, and then raise back to your feet. Raise your hands in the air and bask in your own glory from your newfound audience. Gesture for your buddy to throw you a vape. He will start tossing you mech mods from across the area and youll chuck clouds the likes of which no one has ever seen. After each hit and every mod you'll discard them in a careless manner and gesture for more. After several minutes of this you'll give the double middle finger salute to the still stunned anti-vape individual, kick him in the stomach a few times, raise your hands in victory once more and then depart.

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
Thanks for the suggestions (especially plehem12) but i couldn't respond at the time. I was at a loss, my mind just froze at the total bullcrap cascading from his mouth.
I just gave him the dead eye and walked away.
I guess sometimes all you can do is shrug because no amount of sense is going to work when faced with idiocy. :D

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Thanks for the suggestions (especially plehem12) but i couldn't respond at the time. I was at a loss, my mind just froze at the total bullcrap cascading from his mouth.
I just gave him the dead eye and walked away.
I guess sometimes all you can do is shrug because no amount of sense is going to work when faced with idiocy. :D

"Never engage in a battle of wits with the unarmed."

Andria

TheOdessa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Tampa, Florida
I just quit supporting establishments that don't stand for what I stand for. I've given up on trying to educate and rather just not spend my money there.

I don't go to Starbucks because they ban guns and vaping.
I don't go to certain bars because they banned vaping - or told me I can vape then kick me out because my device emits too much vapor.

Keep in mind - I do have common sense. I don't remove myself from establishments such as restaurants and stores - but I don't like being told I cannot vape when I am outside.

Just hit these places where it hurts - pocket book.

Last edited:

Krashman Von Stinkputin

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2013
Missouri
Always respond with song.

Might as well face it....I'm addicted to fog.

robert-palmer-girls (1).jpg

Rizzyking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
East Midlands, United Kingdom
I often approach individuals that comment on vaping but businesses sorry no one has that right unless they are a partner in the business or helped start it other then that their business, their work getting it and keeping it up and running and they don't have to allow vaping. Being honest if I ran a business and someone came up to me asking me why vaping wasn't allowed I'd be a lot more likely to become more anti then more pro. People on a public street are fair game if they are going to comment on vaping after seeing me they should expect a response but people going about their normal business no. End of the day vaping isn't exactly winning people over in droves many of the public have a negative view of vaping for whatever reason and we are still a tiny minority compared to those who don't vape if your in business do you back us or all those wallets and purses that don't vape, don't like vaping or even fear it.

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
Why doesn't everyone just... go outside and vape?
It's their establishment and it's their rules. Why even get upset about it?
I don't think people who vape should get complacent and just expect people to accept the activity because so many have.

This was a building site. The no vaping rule was for the whole site, the majority of which is......... can you guess ? ....... outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread