Best option for a starter kit - V2, SI Volt or Halo G6????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garemlin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
In the Mist
I have a lady friend of mine ready to give vaping a try to give up on the stinkies. I have been letting her use my Volt and V2 cigalikes with small tanks and she likes them. She has a birthday coming up next month so I was going to get her a starter kit with cartomizers. Figured it would make the transition easier. It did for me. So I was wondering which kit would be my best bet. Personally I started with the V2 kit and it worked to get me off analogs within one day. Did the same for my mom. That was before discovering Halo and SI. I know eventually she will want to graduate to liquds and clearos but I want to keep it simple to start with. So which would be the bet bet. I have the V2 cigalikes from my V2 kit and have bought a 78mm auto and manual from SI. Never tried the Halo. I use them once in a blue moon but stick mostly to my X2's and spinner. So from experience what would be the best starter kit.

V2
SI Volt
Halo G6

propagandax

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I have tried all of the above and here is what I would do, if i could do it all over. My opinion of course.

Get her the SI kit with 65mm auto batteries and Mega PCC. This will hold 4 cartridges (one on the battery, rest in case) and two batteries in one single package. I think she will appreciate having everything she needs in once portable package. This will last her all day. I would also get her all three sample cartridge packs, from there she can decide what to order next. Or if shes non menthol, there is a safe bet she will like Country, RY4, Classic Grape, or Watermelon, at least at first. There is a 15% coupon floating around with some searching.

I like Halo juices but honestly when I first quit I thought they were nasty. After my taste buds healed its a different story but I would hate to hit her with complex juices like these and be turned off completely from vaping. There hardware is similar to SI but the small batteries use to be non regulated, that might have changed since.

V2 is ok but I would just avoid completely give the SI option.

Amethyst_Star

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2011
Southern Wisconsin
www.facebook.com
I have tried all of the above and here is what I would do, if i could do it all over. My opinion of course.

Get her the SI kit with 65mm auto batteries and Mega PCC. This will hold 4 cartridges (one on the battery, rest in case) and two batteries in one single package. I think she will appreciate having everything she needs in once portable package. This will last her all day. I would also get her all three sample cartridge packs, from there she can decide what to order next. Or if shes non menthol, there is a safe bet she will like Country, RY4, Classic Grape, or Watermelon, at least at first. There is a 15% coupon floating around with some searching.

I like Halo juices but honestly when I first quit I thought they were nasty. After my taste buds healed its a different story but I would hate to hit her with complex juices like these and be turned off completely from vaping. There hardware is similar to SI but the small batteries use to be non regulated, that might have changed since.

I agree with this...^^^! I started out with V2, but they are quite expensive. They also don't have much of a selection for battery colors. SI Volt, I liked their battery selection. As a girly girl, at heart, I loved that option! If she wants to upgrade eventually, she has that option to buy the X2's. I also liked SI's juices and now that they have added the NiQuid line, even better! I loved how you could buy the sampler packs of cartomizers to try out what you liked in the beginning. I have never tried Halo, though, to be able to compare them. I also believe that the Volt's batteries are regulated and not V2's. They may have changed them since I started with them, though. Good luck!

Amethyst_Star

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2011
Southern Wisconsin
www.facebook.com
Volt or G6. Volt cheaper and same battery so do that. However, I'd order Halo's blank cartos (LR ones I prefer) or their mini tanks for your volt.

Yes, that's the one thing I didn't like about SI. None of their tanks seemed to work out for me.

Garemlin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
In the Mist

She has been using my cigalikes from time to time and really like Tribeac and RY7 from ECBlend. I have a good idea of what she would like. Want to start her out simple just like I did to help the transition. Maybe graduate to clearos and liquids after about a month or so. Or even a bigger batter like an X2. Also thinking the 78mm batteries might be better for her since she is out on disability right now and will prolly be vaping more than usual.

ckmeyers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2012
Mojave Desert, CA
cmfractals.com
I started with the G6 kit, it's a good quality ecig. I've also heard good things about the Volt, it's a few dollars more for the Volts 78mm than for the G6 kits. The case the G6 comes in is really nice. Other than that I think that batteries are very similar. I've heard quite a few complaints about the V2 bats, so I'd probably avoid those.

ckmeyers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2012
Mojave Desert, CA
cmfractals.com
Volt or G6. Volt cheaper and same battery so do that. However, I'd order Halo's blank cartos (LR ones I prefer) or their mini tanks for your volt.

Actually if you check both websites the 78mm G6 batteries are a bit cheaper than the 78 mm Volts. :)

CookingWithGuns

ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Actually if you check both websites the 78mm G6 batteries are a bit cheaper than the 78 mm Volts. :)

When I was ordering a starter kit, it was cheaper to go with Halo since Volt offered single battery kits. I actually didn't realize that the G6 per piece were cheaper, didn't care since I preferred their finish on their batteries anyways. I wish 808 became the "standard" over 510.

nick779

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2009
Pittsburgh
I just got my volt last week, and I love it. The only complaint I have is with the automatic batteries, I never get consistent vapes with them, I love my 78mm manuals though
I'm enjoying the ice menthol and just got some nicquid juices today.
I love the cartos, and the rubberized batteries are nice as well.

Edit: yes these batteries are regulated at 3.6v or 3.8v, I can't remember. Battery power on my manuals is consistent until the last few puffs then it just dies

ckmeyers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2012
Mojave Desert, CA
cmfractals.com
But are they regulated...like the volt

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

No, I don't believe they are. Maybe I'll use that as an excuse to order a Volt to try one out to see if that makes any difference to me. It's always fun to have a new toy to play with. :)

Vapo Marx

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2013
New York
I was told Halo G6's aren't regulated when I inquired in the Halo forum.

That's been my only complaint about the G6 batteries so far. I expect a short charge life from a small battery, but the vapor production falls off before the battery blinks to indicate a low charge. It's gradual so I don't always notice it until I switch to a fresh battery and... whoah! There's the vapor!

The Volt batteries cost the same so I'd like to try one next time. It should be compatible with the G6 charger, yes?

ckmeyers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2012
Mojave Desert, CA
cmfractals.com
That's been my only complaint about the G6 batteries so far. I expect a short charge life from a small battery, but the vapor production falls off before the battery blinks to indicate a low charge. It's gradual so I don't always notice it until I switch to a fresh battery and... whoah! There's the vapor!

The Volt batteries cost the same so I'd like to try one next time. It should be compatible with the G6 charger, yes?

I was curious about the Volt charger specs too, but couldn't find the info on their website.

machinestatic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Massachusetts
I was curious about the Volt charger specs too, but couldn't find the info on their website.

Smokeless Image | The Best Electronic Cigarette

Replaceable 1000mAh battery with 300 charging cycles
Output 5v
Input USB (5v)
65mm width x 15mm height x 115mm length
65mm battery charging time 2 hours
78mm battery charging time 3 hours
Case charging time 3-4 hours
USB cord connection

Looks like the same product as: http://www.halocigs.com/g6-pcc.html

PCC Capacity: 1000 mah
PCC Input Voltage: USB (5v)
PCC Output Voltage: 5 volts

Edit: or did you mean the wall or USB charger?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread