Best or good 18650 battery today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    I heard that Sony quite making its really good 18650 batt, so changed to Samsung, but I am dissapointed in the battery life of the Samsung. What is the best 18650 battery made today for long life? Thanks

Sony sold its round Li-ion battery operations to Murata in 2017. The batteries Murata makes now are the same as what Sony made.

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    I heard that Sony quite making its really good 18650 batt, so changed to Samsung, but I am dissapointed in the battery life of the Samsung. What is the best 18650 battery made today for long life? Thanks

For low wattage applications (10 to 40 watt vape, maybe a little higher) the Sony VTC6 and the Samsung 25R are fine. High MAH ratings will give you longer vape time in the low wattage vape range. For high wattage vaping, a cell with high AMP ratings is preferred. Cells that deliver higher AMP ratings don't necessarily provide high MAH ratings, so there's a tradeoff when you push the cell at higher watts.

To match the cell with your style of vaping we need to know the wattage you vape at.

Last edited:
    Reactions: sky4it

Hawise

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 25, 2013
    AB, Canada
    Which Sony and which Samsung have you been using? If you're staying below 40 or so watts per battery, you should get similar performance from the Sony/Murata VTC6, Samsung 30Q and LG HG2. You'll probably get better performance from different models if your wattage is higher, but the best model will depend on how high. As others have said, to give you the best advice it would help if you could tell us:
    • Which model Sony and Samsung you use
    • What wattage you vape at, and which mod you're using (dual battery or single battery being the most important aspect for battery recommendations)
    Let us know, and we'll be happy to help you figure out what's going on and how to optimize your batteries.

Superuser187

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 10, 2020
    Athens
    And before u buy a battery u check the holy Bible of batteries but saint mooch and only after that u make a purchase....like every vaper does

1598937041341.jpg
    1601214300704.jpg

:nun::nun::nun::nun::nun::nun:

sky4it

ECF Veteran
    Nov 6, 2013
    Minnesota
    Which Sony and which Samsung have you been using? If you're staying below 40 or so watts per battery, you should get similar performance from the Sony/Murata VTC6, Samsung 30Q and LG HG2. You'll probably get better performance from different models if your wattage is higher, but the best model will depend on how high. As others have said, to give you the best advice it would help if you could tell us:
    • Which model Sony and Samsung you use
    • What wattage you vape at, and which mod you're using (dual battery or single battery being the most important aspect for battery recommendations)
    Let us know, and we'll be happy to help you figure out what's going on and how to optimize your batteries.
    25 MA Samsung. But hey I got the info I need thanks a lot guys. I just found that the Samsung doesnt last as long as my old Sony's, so I will just go back to them. I am a low watt vaper, I vape at around 4 volts.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread