Status
Not open for further replies.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
In case you are not aware your purple EFest is a 20A CDR battery (not 35A as is printed on the wrapper).

batteries

Battery Basics for Mods: IMR or Protected ICR?
* Another essential read to understand which batteries are safe to use in mechanical and regulated mods. Includes a frequently updated list of recommended safe-chemistry, high-drain batteries with their specifications.

Purple Efest Batteries not as Advertised
* A cautionary blog that reveals that the purple Efest batteries may not have the specifications advertised. Also includes a commentary on "continuous discharge ratings" vs "pulse discharge ratings" of battery specs.

BATTERIES - WHERE TO BUY

Only buy batteries from a reputable supplier (not ebay or Amazon) as there are many counterfeit batteries being sold. Here are several reputable battery suppliers in the US.

* RTD Vapor
* Illumination Supply
* Lighthound
* Orbtronics

jstrong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
Virginia
  • Deleted by Spencer87
  • Reason: Attempted to sell outside of Classifieds

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
I have a friend that has been very pleased with the 18650's that he got through Fasttech. Keep a look out for a co-op. That is where I got my last batteries for a really good price. I personally try to save money where I can but a good battery is not one of those times. I don't mind spending on quality when it is of this importance. I have always bought from RTD or Lightning and been very pleased. And it is not like they do not last for a long time. Right?

Here are the ones I got in the co-op that I liked. . .

Samsung INR 18650 25R Battery FLAT OR BUTTON TOP | Lightning Vapes
JC_link.gif

Good luck to you.

springer

Apr 19, 2015
Eire
I had some 18650s from a head-torch setup i foolishly aquired on DX.com (home of the finest quality, at fantastic prices, that may in fact not be fine quality, but will remain a fantastic price even if the item explodes when you take it out of it's package, removing your fingertips and blinding You..) and although they were a brand i was sure were awesome, as they had the words FIRE and MEGA and COOL on the label, and the spec showed they would pump out 50A at 5v for 3 months 100% duty cycle, they turned out to not function as i had hoped at all. I was sure i was investing $5.46 for 6 of these (inc. shipping) wisely, and the credentials all checked out: Label has a Black background colour, red and yellow flames, picture of a GT-R doing a burnout on box, they were battery shaped, and the Mah was measured in 'Gigawatts per year', but they mysteriously all failed to recharge properly or not hold any charge at all, or in fact be just the label wrapped around a tube of cardboard filled with re-cycled air.

Needless to say, i put my foot through my monitor and sent the bill to DX.com, then went up the road to my local Bricks & mortar shop with my sad story, and they comforted me by doing the LOL NEWB dance/finger point for the required 3 minutes, before selling me a pair of Sonys. I still have them, and i know i don't need to peel the label off to see what they really are, because my local guy has a very big shop window that has been there, totally un-smashed, since he opened.

eBay is the other place i have not been burned on - obv. use people with products that check out when you lurk on torch or vape forums, and people who come up in searches on your local ebay suffix (.ie for me here in Eire) rather then FREE SHIPPING FROM CHINA - as that's that Moderatedfrom dx.com again i assure You.

Last edited by a moderator:

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
I use and Like the purple efest batteries I have. I got them at Lightning Vapes. I use 2 18650 35A, not an issue as I rarely break 6amps and 3 18500 15a batts with my Mech mod. When I come to to replace these I'll shop around for the best price..

My feeling is that if the LION battery market is like the AUTOMOTIVE battery market.. Then there are a mere handfull of manufacturers building and sellng to a horde of private label sellers. Meaning you have like 3 or 4 manufactures for 100 brands of batteries. On any given day the actual cell in you battery could be from any of the manufacture.

JUDGMENT AFFIRMED

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2012
BELLE VERNON PA.
So many places to buy from today :D

My last battery purchase for a long time - some 14500 for flashlights - and I got very lucky and got a free Kanger Areotank that they happened to be giving away at the time.

Your #1 source for IMR Batteries & Accessories | IMRbatteries.com

The batteries look and work good. USPS is a little slow in Houston but I would definitely buy from them again - someday :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread