Best Place to Buy VGA/PGA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImJustAvg

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2010
Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
I was getting my PGA and VGA via Amazon, but the ones I used for years has stopped selling on Amazon. Since I was at Big R, I looked and found VGA and PGA, so bought it. But it was much thicker than what I had been buying and had an after taste to it.

Need so advice on the best source of supply for VGA and PGA that aren't too thick or have an after taste!

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
You're in America I'm in the UK but I suspect the same idea applies.

When I mixed my own and wanted VG, I went into the nearest chemists and bought Pharma Grade Glycerine which to my personal taste I added 10% distilled water, shook it up well and had Aqueous Glycerine - not too thick and no aftertaste.

As for PG I took an empty litre bottle down to my local vape shop and had it filled there. This part may not be an option in the U.S.

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    Last edited:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I use and have had no problems with Hempnetix PG and VG.

Hempnetix is the ister company of HeartlandVapes - same people and building, just different marketing focus becuase of shipping ban looming - they moved all their retail DIY products to their CBD site so as to possibly get around the vape shipping ban - but products are the same as they had at heartlandvapes, which is strictly wholesale only now.

They have liters of VG in stock but unfortunately they've been out of PG for months now.

Vegetable Glycerin (VG) - Mixing Agents

Propylene Glycol (PG) - Mixing Agents

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    Need so advice on the best source of supply for VGA and PGA that aren't too thick or have an after taste!

I agree with @PapawBrett....on Bulk Apothecary. They have a variety of sizes available, too. I've been buying mine there since 2015 and lots of other ECF members have switched to them, too. Both their PG and VG have been very good...and I've not had a single complaint ever. It keeps well for a long time, too, just in a fairly cool place in the house. If you'll wait a few minutes once you get on their website...a pop-up window will usually appear offering you 10% or 15% off your order, if you sign up for their email newsletters. They don't bombard you with them though...usually only 4-5 per year, especially when they have a discount code in effect.

Here's the links to their VG and PG:

Glycerin - The 10lb size is the gallon jug

Propylene Glycol - The 8lb size is a gallon jug of it

The worldwide price of PG has been much higher than usual since COVID began, because of its use in hand sanitizer. Bulk Apothecary usually has it for $18.87-$21 and change for the gallon size. They mentioned in a newsletter several months ago that by mid-summer, they expect the price to be closer to the normal price.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread