• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Best place to get Vegetable USP Glycerin & Propylene Glycol in Ontario?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramsay Bolton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2013
Beyond the Grave
* You can grab 250ml bottles of Glycerin at Shoppers Drugfart (Located in the band-aid isle)

* Propylene Glycol and larger bottles of Glycerin can be ordered at the prescription
counter in any drugstore (If they question you, be honest or tell them your grandma
needs it too make soap).

* 500ml's of NOW Veg Glycerin can be purchased in health food stores (No USP marking,
but "Pharmaceutical Grade" is mentioned on the label).

Reactions: Daddam

arberb

Jan 13, 2014
Canada
* You can grab 250ml bottles of Glycerin at Shoppers Drugfart (Located in the band-aid isle)

* Propylene Glycol and larger bottles of Glycerin can be ordered at the prescription
counter in any drugstore (If they question you, be honest or tell them your grandma
needs it too make soap).

* 500ml's of NOW Veg Glycerin can be purchased in health food stores (No USP marking,
but "Pharmaceutical Grade" is mentioned on the label).
Thanks, I'm going to check this out, we have a crap load of health food stores and shoppers drug marts in my area.

fourtytwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
Every Shoppers Drugfart I have been to would not order in PG for me. Yes, I ask the pharmacist but normally get a look as if I just stepped in something unpleasant. Kinda strange because I'm normally dressed for the office.
I usually get my PG and VG from The Medicine Shoppe.
The Medicine Shoppe | Your health is our priority

Ramsay Bolton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2013
Beyond the Grave
Every Shoppers Drugfart I have been to would not order in PG for me. Yes, I ask the pharmacist but normally get a look as if I just stepped in something unpleasant. Kinda strange because I'm normally dressed for the office.
I usually get my PG and VG from The Medicine Shoppe.
The Medicine Shoppe | Your health is our priority

I actually buy mine from a local Rexall or whatever it's called, but my local Shoppers Drugfart
said they would order it for me.

Maybe they think you're a crack-head and the shirt & tie is an ingenious disguise. :ohmy:

sorrynomore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Canada
I walked into our local pharmacy and asked for some propylene glycol,the pharmacist looked at me and said NO,I then said ok thanks and got ready to leave.As I was heading for the door he asked what I wanted it for,I pulled a bottle of 24 mg. juice out of my pocket gave it to him and said this is nic. juice that I vape and I want to thin it down as I'm working on giving up the nic./cig habit.He looked at the juice then back at me and said how much do I need.I replied 250ml.He said I can only order bottles of 500ml. to which I said that'll be fine.He said come back the next day after 2pm.,which I did and he had it there for me, (Medisca - Propylene Glycol,usp) it was cheap too I only paid 7 dollars including taxes.I've been buying my juices at 24mg. nic. strength and diluting it down to 16mg.I really don't mind the muted flavors anyhow.
Oh for the Life Brand - Glyserine,usp I went to Shoppers and bought a 250ml bottle in the beauty section.The druggist there said they use that same stuff as a base for some of their meds.

Tell them your trying to quit smoking it may work for you as well.

Ramsay Bolton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2013
Beyond the Grave
He said I can only order bottles of 500ml. to which I said that'll be fine.He said come back the next day after 2pm.,which I did and he had it there for me, (Medisca - Propylene Glycol,usp) it was cheap too I only paid 7 dollars including taxes.

$7 tax incl. is pretty good. The Rexall I go to charges $9.xx + 13% tax. :censored:

PS - A better deal for Veggie Glycerine would be a 500ml NOW bottle at $9-10.

Last edited:

arberb

Jan 13, 2014
Canada
Thanks guys, I ended up going my local shoppers drug mart and bought 250ml of Glycerin USP (100% Glycerin V/V). I believe this was the right stuff. Was $6 + tax. Going to add about 25ml of distilled water to dethicken it a bit then my whole 30ml bottle of Strawberry Kiwi Lorann Super Flavor. Will cost me about $16 after taxes for 305ml of "pure" VG eliquid. $1.60 per 30mL. Gave up on the PG, I'm just chasing the clouds now

Now what I need to do is find empty 30ml bottles :( happyvapers is closed already and thats the only store within a 20km distance that sells ecig related stuff. I checked shoppers drug mart and dollar rama but had no luck. Does anyone know any places in the GTA that have those kind of bottles, even the dram dropper ones are fine. Just something that has a capacity of 30ml. Somewhere that has these https://www.aromatools.com/v/vspfiles/photos/9170F-2.jpg would also be nice. Does anyone have any idea?

rayboy55

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Quebec Canada
You can order both PG and VG with the same brand of pharma grade (MEDISCA) from your pharmacist...i get it and he orders it for me , in the next day and i pay $12.98 for 1liter of pg and $9.69 for 500ml of vg both from same supplier !!!

Picture 3.jpg

Attachments

• Picture 4.jpg
    Picture 4.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 519

Ramsay Bolton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2013
Beyond the Grave
I ordered my last batch of Vegetable Glycerin from here (Located in Montreal):

coopcoco.ca

https://www.coopcoco.ca/en/oil/glycerin-vegetable-source-USP

Shipping cost is approx. $10 + taxes. No shipping cost if local.

If shipping is required, then I'd suggest ordering atleast 2L to make
it worth your while.

Quality: certified GMO free, pharmaceutical grade (USP) and kosher
INCI: Vegetable glycerine
Origin: Coconut
Composition:
99.5% glycerin
0.5% water

They also have decent prices on glass bottles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread