Best Pod system for flavour? (no nicotine)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
anybody? :) ^^^^^
The more battery life the bigger the mod, generally. There’s stuff big enough that you could vape MTL for a couple solid days without a battery replacement. I’m assuming you want something smaller though. Just about any single battery 18650 device with 3000ma should go a full day on MTL, generally. One way around the size issue is to use a PCC. PCCs are cases for holding very small vapes that have larger batteries in them to recharge the smaller batteries. This was quite common when all there was around was cigalikes. There are still a few about though.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I’m assuming you want something smaller though. Just about any single battery 18650 device with 3000ma should go a full day on MTL, generally.

Hi Bomb, unfortunately, I only want a "pod" system.

Believe it or not, since 2012, I never found a tank I was happy with other than some of the earlier simple clearos like kangertech and early cartomizers like the shorties. And believe me, I've owned about 50 different ones. I pretty much quit vaping about a year ago but then decided to keep 2 pods around for stressful moments.

I have the Nord now.....like it a lot. But a tad too airy for me. Otherwise, unlike others, I have had zero problems with it. But need something a tad more MTL oriented.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
The Geekvape Frenzy is probably the best MTL pod out there and has real good flavor with a 950 mAh battery.

THat sounds like about right for me, actually. 3ml w/950 mAh .. sounds about right for me, too. Except I'm not familiar w/the company, build quality, etc. ??

So right now, I think I'm between an Innokin EQs (with the legacy pods) OR the Frenzy. Help me decide people!!!

(there was a review I pullled up on YOu tube of the frenzy, the guy peppered his review with swear words every sentence..hey, I am no prude, I can swear with the best of 'em, but I just don't consider it *professional* and would never do that in a review made for the gen public. I have never understood this part of vaping, yet I've been watching it for 7+ years......oh well......I clicked him off)

I so keep seeing this Caliburn thing, but I'm thinking this is more for someone who is looking for a Juul replacement?

Last edited:
Reactions: Vicman

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
Geekvape is a very reputable company. They put out a quality product; much like Innokin.

The Frenzy and the EQs are both great MTL devices. The EQs has a slightly smaller battery at 800 mAh.

Honestly, the EQs feels a little cheap. It is much lighter than the Frenzy but the body feels almost plastic like. I like the original EQ body much better. It has a matted finish which does not slide. The build quality of the Frenzy is pretty solid and feels quality and has a little more weight than the EQs.

The EQs pods are easier to fill but the fill port on the Frenzy is not bad either; both bottom fill but easy to get to the pod. It is easier to see the liquid level in the EQs as the pods with the Frenzy are very dark.

The EQs has disposable pods where the Frenzy has coils.

You'd get a good MTL vape with either. The main differences I listed above. Might have forgot some but those are what stick out to me.

Reactions: jim_87

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Reactions: jim_87

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
If you are MTL, then the Frenzy is the best at this time. I personally can’t speak about flavor as I use DIY unflavored nicsalts. But my vape is great with the 1.2ss coils.

Thanks figs! I pretty much do unflavored, with a few "drops" of menthol eliquid. I've always just used Halo, they are only people who do mints/menthols right for my taste, and I have tons of other ejuice that I will never bother with, fruity, cakey, all that jazz. Just give me a nice clean nicotine hit, I don't care if there is flavors or not.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Geekvape is a very reputable company. They put out a quality product; much like Innokin.

The Frenzy and the EQs are both great MTL devices. The EQs has a slightly smaller battery at 800 mAh.

Honestly, the EQs feels a little cheap. It is much lighter than the Frenzy but the body feels almost plastic like. I like the original EQ body much better. It has a matted finish which does not slide. The build quality of the Frenzy is pretty solid and feels quality and has a little more weight than the EQs.

The EQs pods are easier to fill but the fill port on the Frenzy is not bad either; both bottom fill but easy to get to the pod. It is easier to see the liquid level in the EQs as the pods with the Frenzy are very dark.

The EQs has disposable pods where the Frenzy has coils.

You'd get a good MTL vape with either. The main differences I listed above. Might have forgot some but those are what stick out to me.

Wow Vicman, thank you so much for taking the time for such an indepth and thoughtful response. you really know your stuff. :) I used to know all the mods n' stuff back in the day.....vaping is very much in the background of my life these days.
Only thing is now..........I WANT BOTH! ahhahahhaaha! They really do both sound like my kinda vape. Maybe I will get both and then sell at a good price to somebody the one I don't want as much.

Reactions: Vicman

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Honestly, the EQs feels a little cheap.

But it has three power settings, 11.5W (green), 13.5W (blue), 15.5W (purple) which the original didn't have. I dunno if I need that though. I used to vape at about 10. :)

The Frenzy scares me a little. All those different coils to choose from and then the temp control thing......I dunno if I want to "experiement" or master all that at this point in my vape life. After 7 years of all that complexity, its the reason I went to pods?

Toronnah

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2012
Canada
If you are MTL, then the Frenzy is the best at this time. I personally can’t speak about flavor as I use DIY unflavored nicsalts. But my vape is great with the 1.2ss coils.

Caliburn beats the Frenzy on flavor and vapor. I have both and the Frenzy isn't nearly as good as people say it is.

Reactions: Northstar6
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread