Best price on an eGo-C kit right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

O-Man

Verified Member
Jan 13, 2012
Greensboro, North Carolina
After some looking around I found $80 to be the lowest price. Sound about right?

That is how much I purchased my ego-c for. One thing though, go to Joye-techs website and make sure your vendor is a credited vendor. They have a list of copy cat websites to also make sure you stay away from. I bought my ego from a reputable source, but I did buy an aftermarket battery from a "copy cat" company and it broke literally the first day. It's worth spending an extra few dollars to make sure you getting a quality piece. i learned my lesson.

Good luck

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I just spent the day researching that. I went down the official list. It came out to be $79 for 1000s with unknown shipping or $87(ish) for 1000s with free shipping.
Otherwise you're pretty much looking at $79 for 650s across the board except for a couple that are more expensive.

Joyetech brand offline electronic cigarette shops

alvinecigs and cignot are ones that stick in my mind but other than looking at websites I know nothing about them.

lemonsurvey

Moved On
Mar 21, 2012
TX
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Moved On

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
gpost-1.gif

djwyman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2012
Lake Charles La
I see people say only get joyetech ego stuff on here regularly which seems silly to me as I also see a lot of others recommend other brands of ego style batteries such as the riva, kgo, smok tech, and firefly which are all much better priced compared to the joytech stuff. So why is it there is always a post telling people to get only joyetech brand if you can get any one of the other ego set ups for cheaper that many people like better?

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
For those wanting to push the copycats,
1) The OP asked about the eGo-C. Are there any copy cats of that? I'm not finding them in the companies listed.
2) Even if there are already eGo-C knock offs the OP didn't ask for a lower price eGo-C option just the best price on one, so why should anyone send them to anyone but Joye?

3) (rant time)
I've dealt with Rolexs both real and fakes. The fakes range from being not worth anything to being almost as high of quality as a real Rolex. Because of my profession I know what to look for in order to spot quality in a watch.

However when it comes to buying an e-cig over the internet I have no real idea what I'm buying, I only have reputation of the seller and the maker to go on. I would have to risk $50 to see if a Riva-T is any good. To compare to an eGo-C I would still have to spend the $80 on the eGo-C and then pay the $50 for a Riva-T to compare.
And the Riva-T is still not an eGo-C.
It's bad math to spend 50%+ of what you would've spent to get something that isn't what you want.

I'm looking at the eGo-C because I'm seeing no other real design improvements to the atomizer from my 3 year old 4072. The eGo-C allows me to take the atomizer completely apart and clean/rebuild. And when it does junk out it's only $5 to replace.
When someone comes out with a fake eGo-C I'd consider it but I'd have to know what a real eGo-C is before I could compare.

calecamo

ECF Veteran
Vaperite has a 900 battery kit for just under $70. I got two kits & there working exactly as the joytech one I got 3 months ago for 80 with 650 baterries. The baterries have the 5 click button protection feature. The bateeries are bigger so I get a couple more hours of usage. I feel the new ego c (all 3kits) give off a higher voltage than my first ego tanks (type a and b)

Jaken482

Feb 10, 2012
Southampton
I see people say only get joyetech ego stuff on here regularly which seems silly to me as I also see a lot of others recommend other brands of ego style batteries such as the riva, kgo, smok tech, and firefly which are all much better priced compared to the joytech stuff. So why is it there is always a post telling people to get only joyetech brand if you can get any one of the other ego set ups for cheaper that many people like better?

I would say this is because everyone knows that Joyetech is the real thing and most people are not sure about the other brands.

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida

I believe it's because there is a difference between clones (no-name knockoffs) and the brands you've mentioned. There are quality makers out there of the ego format, as you have listed, but there are also junk clones on the market too. If someone advises to only buy genuine Joyetech or Ovale, then it's probably because they've had some bad experience with the other items (read: junk clones) on the market.

As a comparison, about 15 years ago I was an avid computer enthusiast (super geek) who would never buy off the shelf and always built my own systems. Over the many years that I purchased components for my computers, I generally found that getting the name brand items would provide better performance and reliability. Eventually, I decided to stop trying to cut corners and go with the larger and more reputable manufacturers, even if it costs a bit more up front.

Back to the OP: The Joyetech / Ovale eGo-C is the latest model on the market, so you're not going to find much variation in the price just yet. If you don't mind taking a chance on a clone, then eliquid-usa has a cheaper starter kit, starting at around $46 (US). There may be others out there, but this is the only one I've seen so far.

rock_lobsterrr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
Des Moines, IA
1) The OP asked about the eGo-C. Are there any copy cats of that? I'm not finding them in the companies listed.
2) Even if there are already eGo-C knock offs the OP didn't ask for a lower price eGo-C option just the best price on one, so why should anyone send them to anyone but Joye?

3) (rant time)
I've dealt with Rolexs both real and fakes. The fakes range from being not worth anything to being almost as high of quality as a real Rolex. Because of my profession I know what to look for in order to spot quality in a watch.

However when it comes to buying an e-cig over the internet I have no real idea what I'm buying, I only have reputation of the seller and the maker to go on. I would have to risk $50 to see if a Riva-T is any good. To compare to an eGo-C I would still have to spend the $80 on the eGo-C and then pay the $50 for a Riva-T to compare.
And the Riva-T is still not an eGo-C.
It's bad math to spend 50%+ of what you would've spent to get something that isn't what you want.

I'm looking at the eGo-C because I'm seeing no other real design improvements to the atomizer from my 3 year old 4072. The eGo-C allows me to take the atomizer completely apart and clean/rebuild. And when it does junk out it's only $5 to replace.
When someone comes out with a fake eGo-C I'd consider it but I'd have to know what a real eGo-C is before I could compare.

Thank you.

John D in CT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Connecticut
2) Even if there are already eGo-C knock offs the OP didn't ask for a lower price eGo-C option just the best price on one, so why should anyone send them to anyone but Joye? .........

I'm looking at the eGo-C because I'm seeing no other real design improvements to the atomizer from my 3 year old 4072. The eGo-C allows me to take the atomizer completely apart and clean/rebuild. And when it does junk out it's only $5 to replace. When someone comes out with a fake eGo-C I'd consider it but I'd have to know what a real eGo-C is before I could compare.

I think it's important to keep in mind that attachments don't have to dictate the choice of the power unit. I'm vaping a Joyetech eGo-T right now, with a Joyetech 1000mah power unit, which I have two of. I also have a Joyetech 1000-mah passthrough. I like the Joyetech tank system, but it's only one of the many atomizer/juice holder setups that I use and will be using in the future. The point is that the Joyetech eGo-T or -C tanks and atomizers can be used on virtually any power unit, and of course, most easily on those that have 510 threads.

Is the Joyetech power unit well-made and reliable, with plenty of capacity? Yes. Is it the best choice in a constant-voltage power unit? Absolutely not. Will I ever buy one again? I highly doubt it.

Bear in mind, it's extremely well-made, and I've had zero maintenance issues with it. But it's only 3.4 volts, and costs $20-25 to replace, as opposed to $6 or so for a 3.7 V 2800mah lithium battery in a far better choice for a power unit like the Smoktech 18650 that takes replaceable, generic batteries. That also allows you to play around with different battery types like high-drain and LiMN and LiFePo4.

IMO the OP should get one of those for about $49-55, along with a Joyetech eGo-C base/cone assembly and 5 Joyetech heads (atomizers) for about $25. That will give the exact same functionality of a genuine Joyetech eGo-C kit, but with slightly higher voltage and far lower maintenance costs.

http://www.myfreedomsmokes.com/e-ci...ech-ego-epower-mod-2800mah-starter-kit-black/

Last edited:

John D in CT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Connecticut
There's a lot of discussion over what should be a simple answer.

A Joyetech eGo-C starter kit with (2) 650mAh batteries can only be sold at $79.99 or higher.

The simple answer is to get these, if you want to use the Joyetech eGo-C atomizer and tank system as part of your vaping routine:

Two Joyetech eGo-C bases, 2 cones, 5 atomizers, $29.95:

MFS eGo/eGo-T to eGo-C Upgrade Kit - MyFreedomSmokes.com

A reliable power unit with two 2800mah replaceable batteries, replaceable switch with 5-on 5-off, and 510 threads:

http://www.myfreedomsmokes.com/e-ci...ech-ego-epower-mod-2800mah-starter-kit-black/

ego-epower

Take the money you save on power units and put it toward a ProVari V2, the next logical step.

"I feel the new ego c (all 3kits) give off a higher voltage than my first ego tanks (type a and b)"

Atomizers don't really "give off voltage", but what you probably mean is that they seem to get hotter, meaning to me that they have slightly less resistance than the other ones you mentioned. Atomizer coils just behave a certain way depending on their resistance and the voltage that's being fed to them.

Last edited:

PVPuff&Stuff

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2009
Bishop, California, United States
The links being....

....fed to them.

All Joyetech products have a pricing minimum. If something is significantly cheaper, it's probably not made by Joyetech.

All eGo-C kits and parts are going to be the same price.

Cheaper ones are going to be fake.

John D in CT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Connecticut
The links being....

All Joyetech products have a pricing minimum. If something is significantly cheaper, it's probably not made by Joyetech.

All eGo-C kits and parts are going to be the same price.

Cheaper ones are going to be fake.

I'm not sure why you highlighted the words "fed to them".

I'm also not sure you get the point I'm making; if you want to use genuine Joyetech eGo-C atomizers and tanks, power them with a better power unit than the genuine Joyetech eGo power unit, which uses a sealed battery that puts out only 3.4 volts. As I said, I think the Smoktech e-Power 18650 (or 14650) is a far better choice because of the replaceable, generic battery, replaceable switch, choice of different battery chemistries and drain rates, and mah's up to around 2800.

As I said, a Smoktech e-Power 18650 power unit with two 2800mah batteries, charger, and a couple of cartomizers can be had for about $50-55, and two genuine Joyetech eGo-C bases, two cones, and five atomizers for about $30. To be clear, you don't necessarily get them both from the same vendor. You get the genuine Joyetech eGo-C stuff from a vendor who deals in genuine Joyetech products.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread