Best Quality VV Mod in 30-75 Watt Range

Status
Not open for further replies.

sky4it

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2013
Minnesota
the Mini Book Segelei had my vote at 40 Watts, but now I know why they were discontinued, if you drop them one time on hard surface they are destroyed. I wrecked two of them in one week.

Eleaf Aster not bad but it doesnt have a good balance point and the magnets have to be super glued into the cover.

The ola x hero just way to heavy.

Eleaf I stick pico, the battery casing doesnt fit well into the cover for some batteries, and the plus minus button are on the bottom

The smok (the one I bought) and entire bar was the fire button too clanky at least thats what I remember.... thought is was smok

Have some ideas out there, what have you tried thats solid all the way around? Im listening. So far I think the Aster is my favorite. I have some other ones too I dont like em that well.

JimzDogz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2013
Pensacola, Florida, USA
I know that they are out of business, but if you can get your hands on a ProVape Radius you will be very satisfied. They weren't well received because of the lack of temp control. But put a SS wire build in it and it rocks. I have picked up 2 off the classifieds eash for around $100.00, for the quality that was a steal. Good luck finding what makes you happy.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
I've gotten adept at handling my Picos one-handed. I have three two-battery mods and another on the way, but the size and versatility of these things keeps me reaching for them. I have searched far and wide for other single cell devices that are as tough, as small, as versatile, as powerful and as cheap and I honestly can't find any.

I'm not aware of any battery fit issues. I have 18650's from four brands and they all slide in and out. Is there something I'm missing?

sky4it

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2013
Minnesota
I've gotten adept at handling my Picos one-handed. I have three two-battery mods and another on the way, but the size and versatility of these things keeps me reaching for them. I have searched far and wide for other single cell devices that are as tough, as small, as versatile, as powerful and as cheap and I honestly can't find any.

I'm not aware of any battery fit issues. I have 18650's from four brands and they all slide in and out. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks got some Picos in a box, never really tried them, at least not much, but after what you said, its worth a shot.

Yeah those minibooks were nice, but dang drop once and there permanently busted, very disappointing.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I would consider a Nano Tesla 120 Steampunk if you want a two battery mod. There are issues with the battery door on some models, but I put a neoprene sleeve on mine for that reason (and also because I drop things-- From Amazon and it works well). I tend to go for durability though and I like the heaviness in the hand... It's not tippy and I don't drop it because it IS so heavy and I don't "forget" about it. Teslacigs makes a great power board for vaping and it does TC well for a non-DNA mod as well. At 120 watts, it should suit your vaping needs nicely and you would get good battery life.

Other two battery mods that I don't hear tons of complaints about are the Aspire Speeder (that one will be lighter, but it gets good reviews all around) or maybe a Smoant Battlestar, though for me that looked a bit unwieldy but they get good reviews for durability. I got a 200 Tesla Punk this Christmas and I like it, but HEAVY is its definition, I probably won't be taking that one out and about, but it's sturdy.

I have had my Steampunk for awhile though, and I have dropped it, tipped it over, and leaked down through the 510 pin on occasion (we are talking catastrophic RTA leaks, though, usually if I do a build right, it won't leak) and the steampunk has held up through all of it. One of my very favorite mods for the vape quality however.

Finally, there is the Geekvape Agis if you want something totally, totally durable, it is waterproof and is designed for vapers in "hard work" environments. It's a one battery mod though, so at your wattage needs it may not be enough unless you are using the lower end of your wattage needs for the most part and even then you may need another battery to take with you.

Best of luck,

Anna

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
The Battlestar is a solid mod but it’s a dual 18650 200 watt mod. There is a Battlestar mini single 18650 80 watt mod. I haven’t personally used it but I have used several of smoant’s Mods and they are the definition of solid value. Assuming the quality of the mini is in line with the rest of the mods Smoant produces the Battlestar mini should be a great buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread