Best RDA/PV to start off with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziconic

Apr 5, 2015
Currently, I have a eGo One and I like it, but I want more vapor. I also use a higher VG mixture, because the PG kinda messes with my stomach, so it doesn't really taste "right" out of it. Plus the tank is very small (I run out of juice quick when I'm with my friends), the coil is very small (tried rebuilding it and I broke one and managed to open up the other), and the windows are almost useless because they're so tiny.

I'm really new to vaping in general, up until a little over a month ago I just hit my friends ecigs whenever I was bored or was out of cigs. I've looked up a little bit of info about mods and stuff, but I'm not really sure how to maintain them. I know the basics, you make a coil yourself, position it and add cotton.
But I need help with questions like:
When do I need to refill it? Do I have to replace the coils all the time, or clean them off? Does it matter what coil build you do? What kind of battery do I need?

Anyways, I could use these questions answered, and also I'd like to hear your opinion's on good/ user friendly RDA's. There's so many, I have no idea which one to pick.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
some popular rda's include:
magma
doge
plumeveil
dark horse
origen

I use 30 mm veritas myself.
I also have a couple 30mm magma's; I like the magma's for ease of building; but mostly I use the veritas.

I also have an igo-3, a 22mm magma, a manta, aris, lancia.
of those, the aris is real interesting: glass; you can see your wick while you vape; but it could do with more airflow.

Eekins

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2015
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My first RDA was the doge V2. It was easy to build on, lots of space and the posts were easily accessible. With that said, I still use it today. If you're looking for an RDA thats easy to build on with good airflow and good flavor that what I suggest. The battery really depends on how low you plan on building your coils. I use mine on an iStick 50w because I only build it down to .4 ohms. Buy some dropper bottles that hold like 5-10ml of juice and keep it with you. Just put a drop or two on the wick whenever you feel like vaping, just gauge how you vape and make sure you don't take a dry hit, it can burn real bad.

Cacique

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Orlando, FL
I have a Mutation xv2 that I found very easy to build on and would recommend for clouds. For a mech mod I would recommend a SMPL. I have a copper SMPL clone that is great, just 2 pieces. I have an all copper SMPL clone so I can just stick it in a zip lock with some ketchup and after a while just rinse it out, then just take the button apart to clean it and the threads. Using tanks on it will be an issue because it makes a direct battery contact, so the pin needs to come out enough. For batteries to go with that I would recommend Sony VTC4s or Samsung 25Rs.

Reactions: Cstep82

juggler86

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2015
Wisconsin
I say something like the the Sig30 with a Magma. Probably bias cuz its my setup tonite, but its putting out tons of vapor with awesonr flavor. The downfall is its only 30w, but its cheap, nice and perfect size.

IPV Mini2 with a Derringer is also a choice set up, that will throw some serious clouds without loosing flavor. Also cheap, awesome quailty(poor paint job) and perfect size, fits nice in my hands and theyre not small.

For the price these are 2 of the best regulated mods IMO. They each get far more use out of my more expensive boxes, granted I dont have $200+ mods.

juggler86

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2015
Wisconsin
I have a Mutation xv2 that I found very easy to build on and would recommend for clouds. For a mech mod I would recommend a SMPL. I have a copper SMPL clone that is great, just 2 pieces. I have an all copper SMPL clone so I can just stick it in a zip lock with some ketchup and after a while just rinse it out, then just take the button apart to clean it and the threads. Using tanks on it will be an issue because it makes a direct battery contact, so the pin needs to come out enough. For batteries to go with that I would recommend Sony VTC4s or Samsung 25Rs.

I havent found a SubTank that will work on my SMPLs and the 1 i thought would shorted out my expensive B&M VTC4. All my Orchids, Big Dripper and Goliath work fine though, Id still be careful with using any of these because the pins dont petrude as far as most RDAs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread