Status
Not open for further replies.

Seliskar

Dec 24, 2018
Minneapolis
Best fresh, ripe blueberry, bilberry
or
huckleberry e-liquids?

So, I've tried a few blueberry e-juices over the years, and keep going back to NicQuid, and most recently Halo Backwoods Blueberry. However, NicQuid tastes the most realistic, but is pretty weakly flavored. I need more oomph! Backwoods Blueberry is stronger, but has a weird piney undertaste or aftertaste. There are TONS of blueberry flavored juices available, but most of them are mixed with other flavors. Personally, I prefer simplicity over complexity when it comes to my e-liquid flavors. Lately I've been adding concentrated flavoring to my existing liquids to boost the flavor, but it's a painstaking chore to get the right ratio! I'd prefer to just find one that is perfect. I prefer PG over VG (for now) but will consider higher VG as well - either will work in my devices, but the higher the VG, the harder it is for my tiny devices' tiny coils or poly filled cartomizers to absorb. I use both, but cannot sub-ohm vape without having an asthma attack (with the max VG juices at 40+ watts on my Hangsen Axiom & Bach tank), so until I have a proper MTL tank that will work with my mod, I'll be sticking with my little AIOs and old Volt X2s & cartomizers (which work best with higher PG). I've never had an asthma attack from vaping before, and I've been doing it for 6+ years! All hugher PG than VG, though, which is weird, since I've read that most people have reactions to PG, not VG! It must be the amount of vapor produced I assume? But I digress...

For the TL;DR people, I'm looking for just a plain ole real blueberry strong flavored e-liquid. I'm originally from Northern Minnesota, and I know (and LOVE) what real blueberries taste like. I'm not interested in candy or muffin or milk or mixed berry flavors... just blueberries. Or bilberries. Or huckleberries. :rolleyes: I'm sure the latter 2 will be more rare than simple blueberry, but if it exists, I'll try it! :D Also, I WOULD consider blueberries mixed with other flabors IF I could taste the blueberry over the other flavors. Thank you in advance!

PS I saw that there were MUCH older posts on this topic, but I couldn't find the companies mentioned (I know in this biz they come and go often), and thought I'd give it a shot to see if something new is out there!

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Reactions: IDJoel

Morgan_Drury

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2018
Hard to find natural tasting fruits. @FranC uses a huckleberry I believe, not sure of brand. With concentrates it generally takes two or three to make a whole fruit. If you're picky the diy road is your best bet for satisfaction.

I was going to suggest this.

Also I found something for you. Hope it helps.

Seliskar

Dec 24, 2018
Minneapolis
  • Agree
Reactions: Fredman1

Seliskar

Dec 24, 2018
Minneapolis
Hard to find natural tasting fruits. @FranC uses a huckleberry I believe, not sure of brand. With concentrates it generally takes two or three to make a whole fruit. If you're picky the diy road is your best bet for satisfaction.

Huckleberry e-juice or flavor concentrate? And thank you! I have 2 Huckleberry flavors, Flavor West and TFA, along with Wild Blueberry TFA, Flavor West Blueberry, Blueberry Extra by TFA, Biberry by Flavour Art. The Billberry is a weird flavor and smell that is nothing like any bilberries I've had in real life (not in a good way either), but I'll throw a couple drops in here and there. I'd try a different bilberry flavor if I could find it! I prefer the FW Huckleberry over TFA Huckleberry, too. I do like the TFA Wild Blueberry & FW Blueberry mixed in with any of my other commercial flavors. I'm new to mixing, so I don't have it down to a science yet, but it definitely improves nearly every flavor! Maybe I should start from scratch and create my own at some point, but I'm worried about screwing up a batch and having to toss too much supplies! *cringe*

Reactions: Letitia

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Huckleberry e-juice or flavor concentrate? And thank you! I have 2 Huckleberry flavors, Flavor West and TFA, along with Wild Blueberry TFA, Flavor West Blueberry, Blueberry Extra by TFA, Biberry by Flavour Art. The Billberry is a weird flavor and smell that is nothing like any bilberries I've had in real life (not in a good way either), but I'll throw a couple drops in here and there. I'd try a different bilberry flavor if I could find it! I prefer the FW Huckleberry over TFA Huckleberry, too. I do like the TFA Wild Blueberry & FW Blueberry mixed in with any of my other commercial flavors. I'm new to mixing, so I don't have it down to a science yet, but it definitely improves nearly every flavor! Maybe I should start from scratch and create my own at some point, but I'm worried about screwing up a batch and having to toss too much supplies! *cringe*
When experimenting to create a whole fruit I do small batches of 5ml. If you drip your testers go much further. With a 5ml I have enough for a taste at 1, 2, and 3 weeks.

Reactions: IDJoel

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
FA Bilberry lends itself best to be used at very, VERY small percentages that are much too small to create anything that will be anywhere close to a real blueberry flavor. I.e., it should be used only to add that extra little bit of natural complexity into a mix of other blueberry flavorings such as the other ones that you mentioned.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
My sister has been hooked on Artemis, a blueberry cobbler flavor, by Cyclops Vapor for about three years. I'm not personally a fan of blueberry, but I have to admit this is good stuff.

B1SQgscCMAIiMPV.jpg

Last edited:

Walter Ladd

Multiple ID Suspension
ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2018
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Caroline Sparks

Unresolved Status
May 10, 2018
Florida