Status
Not open for further replies.

dc2k08

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2008
.ie
www.e-cignews.com
you have not been on in a while shogun. how are you keeping up in iceland ?

Things havent moved on too much. a lot of the pen-styles are okay. A lot of people still recommend the 901 as a fist choice. It's not a bad little trooper.

For me at least i have found the best solution is some sort of large power source. Trog's screwdriver suits me. Some people (with the skillz) make their own version. some people use other kinds of external power packs and hook them up to the e-cig via a usb cable which some suppliers sell. whether you hook it up to the computer or an external power pack, they work great. It just means less charging of batteries, more constant power and no automated cleaning cycles. you get more control with the manual switches perhaps. they don't suit everyone though.

The technology of the atomizers has not changed since you have last been on. the 901's are reliable enough. I like to drip the pen-styles. I have avoided the super-minis but would like to try an M401 at some stage.

Last edited:

PeteMcArthur

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2008
Scotland
Hi guys,

I know this has probably answered here a million times. I was just wondering if you could name the best e-cig products you have tried thus far?

What e-cig has the most vapor amount and throat hit?

Where do you buy your e-cigs?

Thanks

I think I would echo everything DC said. I have tried the M401 and it is exceptionally good for it's size, outperforming the 901 on all counts. I'd recommend you look at the Intellicig EVO version from Electronic Cigarette , Intellicig - Smoke Healthier if you are interested. It's priced in pounds and I suspect your currency is just as stuffed as the pound is just now so stay away from the euro priced versions !!

The SD is the supreme e-cig at the moment, expensive but cheap running costs and a battery life that cannot be matched. I use one most of the time, but it is not for all occasions, thats when the EVO comes into play.

ApOsTle51

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2008
UK

Kimmiegrif

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2008
Maryland USA
Just a bit of info...I think these things know when they are 3 to 4 months old! I swear...first a 901 bat switch went haywire...after much use and past the warranty! Now a penstyle batt is doing the same thing. The 901 if I hadn't caught it would have burned up the atomizer...but I caught it, cuz I had started to top off a cart...omg the atomizer was glowing red! Too hot! So of course I tried a few things and nothing I could do could help it...Now I have a classic batt that has its own mind and stays on for no reason other than a switch prob... I haven't risked hooking it up to an atomizer. I sucked on it...blew on it...took a pin and stuck it! Nothing made it return to normal. I finally understand that the normal lifespan of the batts at least...is 3-4 months depending on use and amounts of charging. Otherwise I am still very much in love with my 901 and classic...did I say kissbox? usb is the best. I just ordered the new usb from puresmoker for the 901...just in time...cuz the mini fogger doesn't have one yet...or does it?????

Last edited:

shogun

ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2008
Iceland
I've got a DSE901, generic penstyle, usb penstyle and as of 2 days ago, a screwdriver. While these are all good devices, the screwdriver beats them all, hands down, no competition. Even with my older atomizers that are past their prime.

1) Can you use old atomizers with the screwdriver?
2) What kind of carts do you use with the screwdriver?
3) Where one buy screwdriver?

ApOsTle51

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2008
UK
Last edited:

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
I've found my dream e-cig with the M201...I bought it from a chinese supplier. I'm a super fan of the pen. The supplier has a website but i don't know if i can post it here. Well..will do it in the review section then. It should be allowed there, right?

Never found any minis to my liking even though i own a 901 and 103. I am however, enjoying myself immensely with my new M402. Should be the same as M401 besides a shorter battery. Someone correct me cos I don't have a 401. It was gonna be the last risk i was gonna take with a supermini so i decided to go for something shorter than everything i've got. Thank god i did. This is the best risk i took in a long time with everything e-cig....

Will be posting a review soon. Keep putting it off cos i wanna find something wrong with it. Also, cos of the temporary disabling of the site...

Will be saving up for a screwdriver soon....Just too hard to resist with all these reviews...Wish me luck!

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
I was looking at the M201 also Fedor. Is this all true?:

"1. Longer Battery Life with high quality materials

2. New design of atomiser that provides constant and huge vapour production. Exceptional durability of atomiser

3. No warming up of atomiser necessary. Inhale like a normal cigarette!

4. Refill Cartridges lasts longer and liquid is properly vapourised until the end

5. Extremely easy to inhale with 4 holes on atomiser and multiple holes on battery"

No heating the atomizer???

Looking forward to your review....and where you purchased yours.

Lu

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
I was looking at the M201 also Fedor. Is this all true?:

"1. Longer Battery Life with high quality materials

2. New design of atomiser that provides constant and huge vapour production. Exceptional durability of atomiser

3. No warming up of atomiser necessary. Inhale like a normal cigarette!

4. Refill Cartridges lasts longer and liquid is properly vapourised until the end

5. Extremely easy to inhale with 4 holes on atomiser and multiple holes on battery"

No heating the atomizer???

Looking forward to your review....and where you purchased yours.

Lu

Absolutely true although i cannot vouch for durability since i've only used it for 2 weeks or so. I know it sounds cheesy and i was reluctant to believe it at first cos we are all so numbed by all these claims like a cart lasts the equivalent of 20 cigs? But the price was ok so i took a gamble.

You got that from the website? I won't say the atomiser doesn't heat up...It just doesn't get really hot like my 801. Its almost like it is electronically controlled to give the same hit and vapour every time.

Alright....let me get all my job related tasks completed and I will most likely give a review within the next 8 hours. So sorry to keep procrastinating this. I feel like a jerk.

Back to work....

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Thanks Fedor. Yes, I did get that from the site. I saw the supplier post on the "other forum" so I took a look at it. I was going to ask more questions of him then I couldn't find the thread!

I prefer the penstyle too so I am really interested in knowing more.

Sorry, don't mean to put undue pressure on you for the review....but inquiring minds want to know! :sneaky:

Lu

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
Thanks Fedor. Yes, I did get that from the site. I saw the supplier post on the "other forum" so I took a look at it. I was going to ask more questions of him then I couldn't find the thread!

I prefer the penstyle too so I am really interested in knowing more.

Sorry, don't mean to put undue pressure on you for the review....but inquiring minds want to know! :sneaky:

Lu

Review posted.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...te-reviews/4523-m201-402-my-dream-e-cigs.html

I don't know that there is another forum. This is the only one i'm at. I also don't know the supplier that well. I'm beginning to be chumps with the guy that replies my email but he might just be an employee. Will try to find out more. Hope the review helps.

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Thanks so much for that Fedor! I like the penstyle too so the 201 sounds really good to me. So you like all the holes and find them a better draw than the standard pen? Good throat hit too?

If/when I purchase, I know I will just buy 2 kits. I am a heavy smoker too and I need at least 2 full pens available at all times, with 2 batts on chargers so there's no lull there. And that way, I beat the auto cutoff by just grabbing the other when that happens :D

Yes, that is the same site I saw them on. I know I will have to contact them to make a purchase because I want to make sure I get a black one.

I will probably wait a couple of weeks then make a decision. Meanwhile, please keep us updated!

Thanks again,
Lu

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
Thanks so much for that Fedor! I like the penstyle too so the 201 sounds really good to me. So you like all the holes and find them a better draw than the standard pen? Good throat hit too?

If/when I purchase, I know I will just buy 2 kits. I am a heavy smoker too and I need at least 2 full pens available at all times, with 2 batts on chargers so there's no lull there. And that way, I beat the auto cutoff by just grabbing the other when that happens :D

Yes, that is the same site I saw them on. I know I will have to contact them to make a purchase because I want to make sure I get a black one.

I will probably wait a couple of weeks then make a decision. Meanwhile, please keep us updated!

Thanks again,
Lu

The holes are not visible so it does not bother me the slightest. I am nuts about the vapour and throat hit compared to the standard pen. Especially the hit. Its so easy to get a good hit.

I beat the auto cutoff with the 402.....but will use both pens once i get my new one.

I will keep updating....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread