Status
Not open for further replies.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Resistance depends on the PV you're using. Back when higher voltage and variable voltage mods came out the 3.7 volt devices had to do something to compete and to do that they needed to raise the voltage or lower the resistance to obtain a warmer vape everyone was liking. They lowered the resistance. Between 8 to 10 watts is the best level to shoot for by most people. At 3.7 volts a 1.7 ohm atty will give you 8.05294 watts. At 5 volts a 3 ohm atty will give you 8.33333 watts. So you see almost the same watts on two very different set ups.

steven445

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2012
Ohio
Resistance depends on the PV you're using. Back when higher voltage and variable voltage mods came out the 3.7 volt devices had to do something to compete and to do that they needed to raise the voltage or lower the resistance to obtain a warmer vape everyone was liking. They lowered the resistance. Between 8 to 10 watts is the best level to shoot for by most people. At 3.7 volts a 1.7 ohm atty will give you 8.05294 watts. At 5 volts a 3 ohm atty will give you 8.33333 watts. So you see almost the same watts on two very different set ups.

It just seems to me the lower the resistance the more the Bobas burns.
I have a 1.5 on 3 volts and it still burns the Bobas most of the time.
I am thinking maybe a 2.5 ohm or 3.5 ohm would be better for Bobas.
Issac thinks 3.5 ohms would be the best.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
That could be because if you're having troubles with it burning the higher the resistance the cooler the vape.

Atty-Batt-Watts_zpsb89bb12d.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread