Best RTA for both regular and Tank cracking juices? Kayfun, Orchid V4? Billow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterZombie

Verified Member
Jan 16, 2015
Ny,Ny
Just curious on your guys opinion I was looking mainly at an orchid v4, plan to build a 1.5 single coil build. But wondering if there's any build pics or anything, been searching and can't find nothing. Also I heard orchids and kayfuns are cross compatible via parts. I was thinking of getting a eleaf lemo but the glass doesn't have a metal replacement or glass, and if it cracks it'll be hard to replace. Is there anyone that know's where to get a black orchid v4? From a reliable vendor and cheap, was looking at eciggity and it only has the ss version. Just want to know your guys opinions, I'd like a open draw that's able to chain vape with good flavor preferably in black. and if the orchid is cross compatible I'm down for sure. Please let me know guys! thanks

Nibiru2012

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
The Oort Cloud
I would recommend the "clone" versions of the Kayfun V4. From either Tobeco or Infinity, there are other version too. Both of these come with a PMMA tank, SS tank and a Pyrex glass tank. Therefore you're able to use the 'tank-cracking' juices with no worries with the SS or Pyrex tanks.

These clones rock and are available at very good pricing. The only issue I have found so far is that they both should be thoroughly cleaned prior to use. I use and ultrasonic cleaner (has a built-in heater) for about 30 minutes or so. The tank capacity is 32oz. and I also turn on the heater to help with the degreasing process. I add about 10 drops of Dawn Blue dishwashing liquid which does an excellent job. Then I rinse thoroughly with the hottest tap water and let them air dry prior to use.

With my first one, the Tobeco, I tool it completely apart to better understand all the parts and assembly. I left the O-rings on though. There was a little bit a snugness to the ON/OFF juice control, so loosened the inner screw holding it together and took some 800 grit wet/dry sandpaper to smooth a slight machining burr on the rotating ring with the machined air holes/finger grips. It rotates on the next base part above it and wasn't quite as buttery smooth as I prefer. Other than that the remaining thread were very smooth and the fit & finish was top quality.

350ZMO

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2014
Alabama
www.ecigarette411.com
Just curious on your guys opinion I was looking mainly at an orchid v4, plan to build a 1.5 single coil build. But wondering if there's any build pics or anything, been searching and can't find nothing. Also I heard orchids and kayfuns are cross compatible via parts. I was thinking of getting a eleaf lemo but the glass doesn't have a metal replacement or glass, and if it cracks it'll be hard to replace. Is there anyone that know's where to get a black orchid v4? From a reliable vendor and cheap, was looking at eciggity and it only has the ss version. Just want to know your guys opinions, I'd like a open draw that's able to chain vape with good flavor preferably in black. and if the orchid is cross compatible I'm down for sure. Please let me know guys! thanks

What mod are you putting this on?

Do you like dense flavor packed vapes or less dense?

Do you like unrestricted open airy draws or tight?

doofy666

Dec 31, 2014
Wales, UK
I would recommend the "clone" versions of the Kayfun V4. From either Tobeco or Infinity.

I wouldn't. I have the authentic and it's lovely. And I have the tobeco and it is a pain. Main problem is the machining error that a few of the clones have that causes the juice control to not work. And without an ultrasonic cleaner I would've been unable to get the machine oil out. And it is very temperamental for wicking. Thankfully it doesn't leak, which some clones do, necessitating o ring replacement.

I can wholeheartedly recommend the authentic which is flawless right out the box but buying a clone is a lottery. Sure, it's a lottery with excellent chances of winning so buying a clone comes down to how risk averse you are. I wouldn't buy another.

mail_man_j

Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
brandon ms
I have a billow and an orchid and the difference between the two are massive. I love my billow but its a bit finicky to learn. The orchid is rarely used if at all. Billow is glass, dual coils, and a huge tank. I'm a fan of duals so it matches my preference. Its a .23 24g build with joc And its very satisfying to me. I would recommend.

Noserenity

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2014
Upstate New York
I have a billow and I highly recommend it. I'm really considering getting a second. I never owned an orchid and I had very little issue learning to build with this, and that was just wicking. I just learned to make sure the deck was completely covered with cotton or it will leak or go dry at times. None in the channels.

Noserenity

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2014
Upstate New York
I just want to say something. I am currently on my lunch break at work. I have a new untested build I risked lasting me through my shift. I have no other tanks or rda's with me today. My build failed. Words cannot describe to you how much it means to me to have an rta I can actually rip apart and fix my build quickly and easily without having to drain the fluid, or worse, go without my vape for an entire shift. Thank you billow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread