Best RTA for mvp 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyZZZ

May 1, 2015
i have recently purchased an innokin MVP 2.0 kit with an iClear i30 and i've had an immense about of trouble with the i30. I had to move the top coil about because it was touching the inside of the centre pole... and the 510 connection on it is well... awful (no offence i30 lovers)

Im looking get a good quality rta without braking the bank, i was looking at some rta's that i can order from amazon and watched a few reviews but i can't really decide.

Any ideas on what to get/opinions?
thank you :)

Reactions: seanol

2buildawall

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Bellingham
The Nautilus would be my first choice but for another option there is the Kanger 3 that work great on the MVP 2. I used both a Nautilus and a Kanger 3 so I could change flavors. Both work great (way better than the iclear) and the coils are relatively inexpensive. These tanks both have bottom fed coils and iclears is on the top. It makes a big difference.

Reactions: AndyZZZ

AndyZZZ

May 1, 2015
The Nautilus would be my first choice but for another option there is the Kanger 3 that work great on the MVP 2. I used both a Nautilus and a Kanger 3 so I could change flavors. Both work great (way better than the iclear) and the coils are relatively inexpensive. These tanks both have bottom fed coils and iclears is on the top. It makes a big difference.

i'd guess the vape is on the warmer side (which i prefer) with the kanger 3 and the nautilus since both of them are dual coil... So its just down to preferance which one to get plus no matter which one i buy both of them will be better than the i30 :D

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
ANY RTA will work on an MVP2. Granted due to the 11watt limit you'll want to keep the coils pretty high ohm and you will want a pretty tight aiflow to get any flavor.. So yeah, I get why mostly Clearos are suggested. Me I would look at all single coil atomizers Drip or tank. I use a Kayfun in the 8-10 watt range, on a kicked mod. (12watt max) I also have a steam Turbine Gene tank, Great tank if I hadn't ruined it, by drilling it out for air flow. Drilling it made it worthless at above 1.5ohm. (lower limit for me, with the kick). I still use it but have to pull the kick and build it at .5-1 ohm. I also have a dripper that I don't use, mainly cause I don't like dripping. I just odered a new Gene tank from Fastech a SAT22, which is a single coil atty, turbine is dual. I love the Kayfun but the Gene is easier to maintain the wick on, Don't have to drain tank and can be filled from top.

Reactions: seanol

AndyZZZ

May 1, 2015
ANY RTA will work on an MVP2. Granted due to the 11watt limit you'll want to keep the coils pretty high ohm and you will want a pretty tight aiflow to get any flavor.. So yeah, I get why mostly Clearos are suggested. Me I would look at all single coil atomizers Drip or tank. I use a Kayfun in the 8-10 watt range, on a kicked mod. (12watt max) I also have a steam Turbine Gene tank, Great tank if I hadn't ruined it, by drilling it out for air flow. Drilling it made it worthless at above 1.5ohm. (lower limit for me, with the kick). I still use it but have to pull the kick and build it at .5-1 ohm. I also have a dripper that I don't use, mainly cause I don't like dripping. I just odered a new Gene tank from Fastech a SAT22, which is a single coil atty, turbine is dual. I love the Kayfun but the Gene is easier to maintain the wick on, Don't have to drain tank and can be filled from top.

Kinda off-topic but since you have tried drippers you probably have some experience with one. I was thinking of getting an RDA because i love tinkering with stuff hence i got interested in building my own coils. So my question how much more vapour would i get out of an RDA? I know it depends on wattage voltage ohms etc. but is it worth getting an RDA to use with the MVP 2? Keeping the resistance around 1.5-2 ohms would i get significantly more vapour from an RDA than from a good RTA?

2buildawall

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Bellingham
The Kanger 3 and Nautilus are single coil tanks. The MVP 2 is going to limit you to higher ohm builds due to the volt/watt limits. It also is an awesome mod because it will not allow you to vape below 1ohm. It is a great place to start while you read up on Ohms law and battery safety. It took me a while but once you know the limits you can get after it.

With that said switching to an RDA is a whole different topic all together. To give you an idea I vape a Lemo RTA at 18W with a 1.2ohm build and use 12-18mg juice (small clouds but great flavor). When I bust out my REO with a fully charged AW IMR 18650 2200mAh on board and put on my Odin RDA with a dual coil build at .5ohms I go down to 6mg juice and blow clouds.

Hang on and enjoy the ride! Do your homework, be safe, and vape on!

AndyZZZ

May 1, 2015
Oh i could swear i saw replacement dual coils heads for the kanger 3 or is it just the replacement coil heads that i can get single or double? im sorry if im being annoying
image.jpg

Reactions: 2buildawall

2buildawall

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Bellingham
Annoying? Hah.... Never my friend, at least not here. Kanger dual coils? Interesting........I have never seen those but it has been a while since I looked for replacement coils.

I will check those out and see what the story is. They are at 1.5ohms so good stuff there. All of this new stuff coming out how does anyone keep up?

Better charge that phone!

Reactions: AndyZZZ

tobyfootball

Mar 15, 2015
Mi
Kinda off-topic but since you have tried drippers you probably have some experience with one. I was thinking of getting an RDA because i love tinkering with stuff hence i got interested in building my own coils. So my question how much more vapour would i get out of an RDA? I know it depends on wattage voltage ohms etc. but is it worth getting an RDA to use with the MVP 2? Keeping the resistance around 1.5-2 ohms would i get significantly more vapour from an RDA than from a good RTA?

I have a mvp v2 and im using a infinite ctl on it i build my coils at around 1.5 to 2.0 ohms and it works great kinda drains battery more but still get a good day out of it the flavor is way better and you can get clouds i havnt found my sweet spot for it yet but when i first put a coil in and wick i stay lo watts then as the wick gets gunky i up the watts but i get much bettr flavor out of it and deffinitly more clouds (not sayign im cloud chasing or anything ) but you get my point for me at least ive noticed that my screws loosen ever so slightly and will drop the ohms way down to like .5 which you gotta watch out for caause it will fry your mvp also make sure your rda is tight on it if its loose this will cause low ohms if you wanna get into rda and dont have much cash flow like me check out kidneypuncher they have a cooil kit that gives you wire coild jig ... cotton and an rda i baught it and love it. hope this helps ya

and as far as tanks i have protank 2 ,3 mini and the are ok they leak and gurgle but for the most part they are dependiple and you can rebuild the coild if you want !

seanol

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2014
Dallas, TX
I have an Innokin Ethermal RDA (no one seems to have used one, got it cheap!0 and I set it up on my MVP2 just for fun. Running a single coil 30g at 1.8 the vape was cool and I had to tun airflow way down. Flavor was good but low vapor production.

I wrapped a 28g 1.0 coil and was able to open airflow and keep flavor with more airflow and taste was still good.

I put the same coil on my Aspire sub ohm CF and it was a lot better!

Actually, the MVP2 surprised me. I expected it to be worse than it was. I had it a 5v and also tried 11w and found no difference. I don't have as many mods as some so I need to keep what I have in rotation. Glad you posted this as I would have never tried.

Thanks OP,
Sean

AndyZZZ

May 1, 2015
I have an Innokin Ethermal RDA (no one seems to have used one, got it cheap!0 and I set it up on my MVP2 just for fun. Running a single coil 30g at 1.8 the vape was cool and I had to tun airflow way down. Flavor was good but low vapor production.

I wrapped a 28g 1.0 coil and was able to open airflow and keep flavor with more airflow and taste was still good.

I put the same coil on my Aspire sub ohm CF and it was a lot better!

Actually, the MVP2 surprised me. I expected it to be worse than it was. I had it a 5v and also tried 11w and found no difference. I don't have as many mods as some so I need to keep what I have in rotation. Glad you posted this as I would have never tried.

Thanks OP,
Sean

Im so confused what to get now :D i might just order a mutation x RDA and a nautilus mini. I really want to try Building my own coils but I don't like the idea oh having to drip quite often with an RDA so i'll get a good RTA as well so i can just use that when im out and about so I won't have to reach i to my pocked every 10 hits to get my e-juice out :D

AndyZZZ

May 1, 2015
I have a mvp v2 and im using a infinite ctl on it i build my coils at around 1.5 to 2.0 ohms and it works great kinda drains battery more but still get a good day out of it the flavor is way better and you can get clouds i havnt found my sweet spot for it yet but when i first put a coil in and wick i stay lo watts then as the wick gets gunky i up the watts but i get much bettr flavor out of it and deffinitly more clouds (not sayign im cloud chasing or anything ) but you get my point for me at least ive noticed that my screws loosen ever so slightly and will drop the ohms way down to like .5 which you gotta watch out for caause it will fry your mvp also make sure your rda is tight on it if its loose this will cause low ohms if you wanna get into rda and dont have much cash flow like me check out kidneypuncher they have a cooil kit that gives you wire coild jig ... cotton and an rda i baught it and love it. hope this helps ya

and as far as tanks i have protank 2 ,3 mini and the are ok they leak and gurgle but for the most part they are dependiple and you can rebuild the coild if you want !

There's nothing wrong with liking a few of those big clouds! So back to RDA's do i just gotta make sure i keep the ohms between 1.5-2.0 and i'll be fine with the MVP 2.0 until i get a mech so i can go sub ohm right?

2buildawall

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Bellingham
You can go lower to 1ohm. I have a lemo and found my sweet spot at 1.2ohm using 26g kanthal with 8 wraps and 2mm. If you want an rta the lemo 2 is a good one. Just a learning curve wrapping and wicking the coil just right. My first tank of juice did not go well because I did not use enough cotton. It leaked and I had a lot of dry hits. I watched a few videos and tried again and it has been great ever since. Great flavor but not huge clouds. I cannot get big clouds without using higher watts. With an rda I have to go to at least 20 watts to get big clouds. I am more about the flavor though.

You have so many options it is ridiculous. I think you have figured that out already! Keep us posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread