• Sep 18, 2014
    Florida

dom qp

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 15, 2015
    South Central... Ontario
    The problem with Smok, and generally all other budget Chinese gear, is that you don't know better if you don't try.

It's like the person that only uses prebuilt coil sub ohm tanks, buys one RTA and then hails it as the second coming of christ. Yet he or she has no other RTAs to compare it against.

Even if your Smok breaks it's still going to be the best vape you ever had if you've never had anything else.

And when we get into regulated 18650 mods, if you're using wattage modes the only difference you can expect is likely to be wattage output and resistance reading accuracy, in addition to a very insignificant ramp up time measured in milliseconds. Aside from build quality and durability of course; and sadly that's where Smok really needs to improve.

dom qp

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 15, 2015
    South Central... Ontario
    I've been looking, is there a list of non-budget gear on the forum? Wording changes in the search engine are not going anywhere and I'm using my phone for this. My budget laptop ate its 4th hard drive in 8 years!

A lot of the non-budget stuff is either limited production or production on demand. Often hand made/assembled.

If you post specifically what you're looking for i'm sure people could give you recommendations (i.e. 2x 18650 box mod, 20700/21700 squonker, mech tubes, series box, etc.)

I'm partial to the HexOhm V3 and Vicious Ant Spade myself.

HexOhm: HexOhm Box Mod By Craving Vapor Industries. In Stock Now!
    Spade: http://viciousantonline.com/products-category/spade/

But there are even higher end mods going for the 500-1000+ price range.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
    Sep 16, 2017
    I can't remember which Priv it was, but a friend of mine bought one and it seems to be a pretty solid mod. T, Q, X Priv... I dunno. But whatever demons possessed Smok's QC program may have been exorcised if this thing holds up.

All it has to do is last a month to beat my experience with the Al85. I like my Beast tanks but I'm more restful with mods not made by Smok, even if that whatever Priv turns out to be a winner.

By the way @Asbestos4004 ... Broke Dick is owned by a guy whose real name is Richard Broke. They make decent juice, cheap. 15th, Payday and Dollar Menu are all outstanding. His cussing makes this sapper blush when he's "live" on Facebook.
    My tpriv has performed like a champ since september 2017. Only "problem" i had was some erratic ohm reading with one of my tanks and it turned out to be a 510 connector pin issue on the tank itself. This thing has been a real workhorse, ive used several configurations of rda's and rta's and a couple different smok tanks on it and it handles everything nicely. The only thing ive not explored is the TC function and thats only because i havent bought and SS wire to build coils with.

Anise

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 11, 2016
    Southern Louisiana USA
    I have a smok stick and a little alien that were given to me and I've had no problem with either one. Then I bought a pro color on sale for $30 for the mod and I had an extra smok tank. I've been very happy with them but I'm still pretty much a newbie and don't know a whole lot. I just know I haven't gotten a bad coil yet and even though I've dropped both a few times they still work great.

ScottP

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    I've been looking, is there a list of non-budget gear on the forum? Wording changes in the search engine are not going anywhere and I'm using my phone for this. My budget laptop ate its 4th hard drive in 8 years!

Can you provide more details of what you are looking for (regulated, unregulated, squonker, single/dual battery, etc.) and perhaps a price range?

They have some other mods. You pick the piece of wood and they make the mod. They sell for 1000-1500 I think, but you get free shipping if it's more than 1000 so that's great.

For those prices, not only would I expect free shipping, but I would also expect them to use plenty of lube, give me a reach around, and cuddle for a few hours afterwards. :D

Raider87

Jul 11, 2014
    Mississippi, USA
    Smok isn’t the best, and they come out with too much stuff.
    But I did buy thier x priv a few months ago, found it online for 50 bucks.
    It’s nice looking and has been solid.

If you can find thier stuff priced right, and a look you like, thier stuff can be good.
    I’m not a big fan of them as a company though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread