Best squonk mod for recurve rda

Status
Not open for further replies.

adrianc22

Sep 23, 2018
Hi guys!

So I’ve fallen in love with the recurve rda by wotofo and am currently using a Wismec Luxotic BF mod.

I wanted a bit more power so I got a second recurve for my ohm boy rage that I was using for dual coil rda’s. However, I don’t like the flavor I’m getting compared to the luxotic.

I mean, the Luxotic is good enough but I was wondering if you guys had any advice for me for a different mod that would suit my recurve...

I read that the Vandyvape Pulse BF is good as well. Don’t really care if it’s regulated or not just want the best vaping experience I can get.

I would prefer 18650 batteries

Any advice?
Thanks!

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Sorry but this does not make any sense. All the Rage is doing is applying your prescribed power. It has nothing to do with flavour. If the flavour is different between the Rage and the Luxotic, then that is human influenced.

The Wismec is an unregulated device who’s output is dependent on battery voltage and resistance. Assuming the same coil is used between the 2 devices - using an Ohms Law calculator, calculate the estimate output of the Luxotic and adjust the Rage accordingly.

If you are using the coils that came with the Recurve, their resistance is approx. 0.24 ohms. With a full battery and accounting for a little loss due to efficiency it’s safe to assume the Luxotic is outputting 4 volts. This would equate to ~ 67 watts on the Rage

Last edited:

GreySG

Dec 27, 2013
AL, USA
Perhaps he is running into differences in ramp rates. Some devices will overshoot the wattage selection and drop back to normal to have the device appear to "hit" harder. Some Vapresso mods allow the selection of soft, normal or hard and it does make a difference in flavour with the same tank/coil. I haven't run across a squonk mod that allows that level of control though (not that I have lots of them). For what it's worth I like the Recurve on the Pulse 80 / Pulse X.:)

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
I too love the Recurve. I have one on a Lost Vape Furyan, one on an Asmodus Pumper 21 and one on a Vicious Ant Spade 21700. Both the Furyan and the Spade come with 18650 adapters and the Pumper has an 18650 version called the Pumper 18.

Hi I was wondering what builds you are using in your Pumper 18. I just had mine delivered today. I’ve never used a semi regulated (mosfet) mod before.

Thanks
Sara

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Hi I was wondering what builds you are using in your Pumper 18. I just had mine delivered today. I’ve never used a semi regulated (mosfet) mod before.

Thanks
Sara

Have you used a mechanical device before? An unregulated device will work in a similar fashion where the output will be dependent on the coil resistance. However, because there is a chip involved, Asmodus does limit this to 80 watts max for safety reasons. I’d start with what ever build you usually use with a regulated device and if it is too hot, build a higher resistance coil, if too cool, build a lower resistance coil. Might take you a bit of trial and error to find something that suites your style. You can use a Ohms Law calculator to give you an idea of the output.

With my Reload Squonker (also unregulated), I found between 0.25 and 0.3ish ohms to be the sweet spot – but that is just me….as always YMMV

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Have you used a mechanical device before? An unregulated device will work in a similar fashion where the output will be dependent on the coil resistance. However, because there is a chip involved, Asmodus does limit this to 80 watts max for safety reasons. I’d start with what ever build you usually use with a regulated device and if it is too hot, build a higher resistance coil, if too cool, build a lower resistance coil. Might take you a bit of trial and error to find something that suites your style. You can use a Ohms Law calculator to give you an idea of the output.

With my Reload Squonker (also unregulated), I found between 0.25 and 0.3ish ohms to be the sweet spot – but that is just me….as always YMMV

Ok I usually use around .4 - .5 ohms. Sometimes more. Sometimes less.

And no I’ve never used a mech but I figure this mod at least has some safety features to keep me safe. Hopefully.

Do the battery amps matter as it does with a real mech? I use 25Rs, LG H2Hs, and other mooch recommended batteries around 20-25 Amps bought from the forums recommend battery sellers.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON

And no I’ve never used a mech but I figure this mod at least has some safety features to keep me safe. Hopefully.

Do the battery amps matter as it does with a real mech? I use 25Rs, LG H2Hs, and other mooch recommended batteries around 20-25 Amps bought from the forums recommend battery sellers.

Battery CDR will matter but the device limits its output to 80 watts max. So a 20+ amp battery will be sufficient.

A 0.4 ohm build should give a vape similar to around 45 watts at full battery. 0.5 ohms, around 35 watts

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON

What I like to do is target a preferred wattage. Let’s say 45 watts. Use the batteries nominal operating voltage – this will be the voltage the battery operates the longest at and is usually 3.6 volts. Now build a resistance that targets 45 watts at 3.6 volts. Using an Ohms law calculator, we get around 0.3 ohms.

At full charge, 4.2 volts, your vape will be hotter due to the higher voltage (around 58 watts), but you will be able to vape within your preferred wattage of 45 watts longer due to building your coil based on the nominal operating voltage.

smokinGAVIN

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2014
Manila, Philippines

Thanks
Sara

Hi, I use pre built 0.8 ohm alien claptons. I'm still waiting for the 0.4 ohm version of these coils. Oh yeah, I have the Pumper 21, not the Pumper 18.

Coolsiggy

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2018
Perth, Western Australia
I read that the Vandyvape Pulse BF is good as well. Don’t really care if it’s regulated or not just want the best vaping experience I can get.

I can recommend the VV Pulse Dual, very happy with mine, only con is the small 7ml bottle...prefer it over my Topside.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Clark Kent

Clark Kent

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2014
Metropolis Il.
Why do you like it better? is it because of the weight? because I have both and think they are both great mods for their own reasons, I would use the topside for home use for the most part but I prefer the VV in all all varieties for on the go, I just like solid mods for my main home use and I prefer the lighter more portable for on the go, But I can say I much prefer regulated in all, not really for the protections over mech sqounks but for easy portability. but for knowing exactly the watts and voltage I am hitting. All that being said I think it is hard to beat the topside for being a better study device, even though I still carry my pulse's the most for going out and a something I can put in a pocket for work ( the pulse 80-90) either way the big factor here is that you are Sqounking and that to me any way trumps all forms. imo.

Coolsiggy

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2018
Perth, Western Australia
Why do you like it better? is it because of the weight?

Yes the weight and size, also the fire and adjust buttons are bigger..easier to use on the Pulse, plus at least for me the battery door on both the single and dual Topside mod keep opening, not a good design on the door IMO. In operation both are very similar...menu much the same.

• Agree
Reactions: Clark Kent

Car147

Nov 13, 2014
Highlands,Scotland
Far prefer the Topside Dual over the Pulse, ( I have both, the Pulse sits in the drawer)

Here's why, constantly filling the pulse as it holds less than the Topside Dual, annoying battery door on the Pulse which is awkward to open, juice leaks in the Pulse at times, and a nightmare to fill without spilling when putting the cap back on the bottle.

Topside Dual, easy filling, easy battery replacement, nearly a day on one fill, and i vape constantly.

• Agree
Reactions: crazyvape
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread