The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Best Stateside warranty

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by hodesworthe, Mar 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. hodesworthe

hodesworthe New Member

Feb 24, 2009
    FL, USA
    My favorite site just dropped their warranty from 6 months to 3. Wanted to know of sites offering long warranties that are based in the US.

Thanks in advance.

2. SannerSays

SannerSays Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jan 11, 2009
    Arizona
    What site was this that dropped their warranty?

3. hodesworthe

hodesworthe New Member

Feb 24, 2009
    FL, USA
  4. SilverBraids

SilverBraids Full Member ECF Veteran

Feb 20, 2009
    Memphis TN
    So far, SmokingEverywhere is still keeping up their 1 year warranty... I don't know how long that will last, but if you can find a deal on it online for like $40 like I did, instead of buying it for $150, then it's a good deal...

5. ZambucaLu

ZambucaLu ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central NY, USA
    I'd be leery of smokingeverywhere:

First off, there’s the “vile culprit”, Smoking Everywhere, LLC. They describe themselves as “a Florida based company pioneering in electronic smoking products,” who have “both Resellers and Store Locations in Major Malls around the country.”
    Their websites are Electronic Cigarette by Smoking Everywhere E-Cigarette and Electronic Cigarette. They have Super-minis (the KR808 according to Parked), Classic Penstyles, E-Cigars, and an E-Pipe.
    They have been featured on The Bob Rivers Show and on local news segments. The video clip of the local news show is a redirect site which links to a deeply discounted outlet of some sort.
    Those are all the sites I was able to find of theirs, but if anyone knows of others, please e-mail me at the address at the bottom of the article.
    Smoking Everywhere is the source of the complaints. Their main websites have outrageously expensive e-cigarettes, and make the usual exaggerated claims about cartridge and battery life. They claim to offer a warranty, but they state their no returns policy explicitly: “*Please note that as per our terms and conditions, we cannot accept returns on unwanted items once used.”

This was provided by Leaford here:

Leaford - An E-Smoker Forever! -|- Leaford’s reviews, E-Cigs, E-cigarettes, electronic cigarettes, e-pipes Blog Archive The Who What and Where of Smoking Everywhere, Smoke Everywhere, and Smoking Anywhere?

Lu

6. Kate

Kate Moved On

Jun 26, 2008
    UK
    Njoy have a years guarantee.
    Janty have a six month guarantee on hardware except batteries, they have three months.
    LitecigUSA used to have a six month guarantee, I don't know if they still do.

I agree with Lu, think twice before giving your money to SmokingEverywhere. They rip people off and their products aren't great.

7. Catman51

Catman51 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 9, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    DO NOT, I repeat, Do Not deal with SmokingEverywhere. I don't care if they put out a lifetime guarantee, they're crooks.

8. ZambucaLu

Supporting member
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central NY, USA
    Kate,

Did you see the addendum at the bottom? I don't deal with either of these companies so I have no first hand knowledge:

[EDITED TO ADD:]
    I just found out yesterday from ECF member Providence that Smoking Everywhere recently bought out Njoy, explaining the shocking decline of Njoy’s once legendary customer service.

A letter from Smoke Everywhere Distributer Frank Simotics, shared by Providence via www.e-cigarette-forum.com:
    “Smoking Everywhere just bought out the second largest company in the US - Njoy.
    …
    Sincerely,

Frank Simotics”
    The original is here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/5832-smokingeverywhere-bs-email-conversation.html

Lu

9. Kate

Kate Moved On

Jun 26, 2008
    UK
    I read that a while ago Lu but wasn't sure if it was just a rumour. It's the way of business these days I suppose.

10. Kate

Kate Moved On

Jun 26, 2008
    UK
  11. fenez

fenez Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2009
    N.Y
    My brother buys from reddragon he said that they have a 1 year.

12. ZambucaLu

Supporting member
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central NY, USA
    Yeh, I was going to buy some atomizers from Marian but if you use them with any other device, you void the warranty :mad:

So you have to buy the whole kit and they do seem to be having a lot of problems right now....so I decided against that.

Lu

13. The Wiz

The Wiz ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 14, 2009
    Whiskeyville USA
    A co-worker just ordered from them(even after i gave him the link to 3 other sites listed here),can't understand why he didn't go with the 901 I have :confused:! Can't wait to take a look at this Contraption! The Wiz!

14. mu.zeitgeist

mu.zeitgeist Full Member

Jan 20, 2009
    Eugene OR/ Kobe Japan
    Not to be the guy that suggests starting a rip off your reseller 101 class but... how would she know?

15. ZambucaLu

Supporting member
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central NY, USA
    LOL...I thought the same thing. But she might know I didn't buy any batteries from her....lol

Lu

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.