Best Supplier forTrue Fruit Flavors

Status
Not open for further replies.

harlielover

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Michigan
After trying a bunch of different vender juices. I have decided that I like the fruit flavors the best and would like to try making my own.

A lot of the vender juices have a more fruit candy taste, and while it is decent, I would prefer a more true to fruit flavor. :banana:

Which Flavoring Company have you found to have the truest fruit flavorings?

BakuPeg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2012
Gainesville, Ga
I have HEARD FW double apple is a good authentic apple. However I have not tried it yet. I kinda broke the bank a few months back on my large 4oz bottle FW purchases..(Double Apple wasn't one of them) but my hubby loves the juices I made out of it. So, no complaints but cant get new stuff for awhile as I use them up.

FW Jungle juice is a great fruity-juicy mix. Thats more of a fruit mix than a stand-alone though, tastes like fresh Jungle juice from the blender with the little fruit bits in there.. Add a touch of TPA Pineapple as a nice side note ohh and a few drops of Cap Sweet Strawberry and ohhhhh fruity heaven...

Last edited:

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
I have heard great things on Capella's Stawberries and Cream, and in fact, it is on my list of flavors to try. Though, I did purchase some TFA S&C, so I will be trying that out in a day or two. If it's candy-ish, it will most likely be trash, as I can take some fruit candies, but strawberry candy, from my experience, has never really been great.

I do, sometime in the near future, need to experiment with more FW flavorings. I have a FA Apple coming in from LF. So many flavorings, not enough time/money. Ah well, it's a process to be enjoyed.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Ask Hoosier? Hoosier says, "Fffffpht!"

It is a mighty rare thing for a single producer's flavor X to be like the actual fruits. Even then it always seems to lack something.

Let's take one example, TPA/TFA's Apple. Pretty close to the actual fruit, but it tastes more like peel than flesh to me. Not that it doesn't have a fruit flesh taste, it does, but it seems too far in the background for my sense of taste. So that means I have to add other flavorings to it. Sure, I could just live with it the way it is, if I had someone else's brain in my body, but my brain says it needs something else. I've played with this sucker every which way and never have gotten a perfect apple. I've discovered Apple makes TPA/TFA's pear even better though. I've discovered that cinnamon does wacky things with this apple, it plays well with blueberry, but in doing so, makes a flavor that isn't from nature. But even with nothing else added, it is the closest to an actual apple that I've found so far, but I cannot accept that this is as close as it can get.

Ask Hoosier? Bah, I've got more ways of not doing something than you'd ever believe.

Want easy? Want close? Grab Capella's Tangerine. Mix it at 10% and adjust up or down to taste. Makes a great vape, not candy like, but it's a far cry from a real tangerine. Seriously, if you're a beginner, grab Capella's stuff. I can only remember one of their flavors hitting level 7, which is a fantastic record that no other flavoring I've used can come close to. It's not the cheapest, but it makes getting good mixes much easier than most and helps a newbie get a handling on mixing pretty quick so it has plenty of value.

(There's a reason this may come off as grumpy, but that's for another thread. Grumpy, or not, the truth of the matter is in this post. I'm so grumpy I'm not even going to explain Level 7 in this post.)

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
levitas,

i have tried alot of different strawberry flavorings from alot of people.. and i recently grabbed strawberry and cream and sweet strawberry from CAPELLA..

they are the best strawberry flavorings i have ever had.. period. you will enjoy them.

What about TFA? Are they any good? That's what I have on the way.

Last edited:

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
Let's take one example, TPA/TFA's Apple. ... But even with nothing else added, it is the closest to an actual apple that I've found so far, but I cannot accept that this is as close as it can get.

If this turns out to be the truth, then I will be disappointed, as TFA's Apple taste very much like an Apple Jolly Rancher to me.

There is an e-liquid from Liberty Flights, and I know I've made mention of it before, but, it's an Apple flavor. To me, it tastes so much like Apple Juice, and it was fantastic. It could of been a mixture of Apple and something else. It might of been straight up apple. This is why I bought the Apple flavoring from FlavourArt, because this is what LF carries. I know that it doesn't mean their liquid is made of FA flavorings, but, worth a shot in my book.

harlielover

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Michigan

It is a mighty rare thing for a single producer's flavor X to be like the actual fruits. Even then it always seems to lack something.

Let's take one example, TPA/TFA's Apple. Pretty close to the actual fruit, but it tastes more like peel than flesh to me. Not that it doesn't have a fruit flesh taste, it does, but it seems too far in the background for my sense of taste. So that means I have to add other flavorings to it. Sure, I could just live with it the way it is, if I had someone else's brain in my body, but my brain says it needs something else. I've played with this sucker every which way and never have gotten a perfect apple. I've discovered Apple makes TPA/TFA's pear even better though. I've discovered that cinnamon does wacky things with this apple, it plays well with blueberry, but in doing so, makes a flavor that isn't from nature. But even with nothing else added, it is the closest to an actual apple that I've found so far, but I cannot accept that this is as close as it can get.

Ask Hoosier? Bah, I've got more ways of not doing something than you'd ever believe.

Want easy? Want close? Grab Capella's Tangerine. Mix it at 10% and adjust up or down to taste. Makes a great vape, not candy like, but it's a far cry from a real tangerine. Seriously, if you're a beginner, grab Capella's stuff. I can only remember one of their flavors hitting level 7, which is a fantastic record that no other flavoring I've used can come close to. It's not the cheapest, but it makes getting good mixes much easier than most and helps a newbie get a handling on mixing pretty quick so it has plenty of value.

(There's a reason this may come off as grumpy, but that's for another thread. Grumpy, or not, the truth of the matter is in this post. I'm so grumpy I'm not even going to explain Level 7 in this post.)

Thank you for the advice. It gives me a starting point. I was looking at all the flavors by all the different Company's and just being a little overwhelmed at how to choose where to start.

I know I will have to do some trial and error, but right now with the holidays so close and money being a bit tight, I just wanted a few suggestions as to where to start.

MattBott

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Try LA's apple, it has the smell of of a fresh cut apple to me. I'm trying to get it to play well with Pumpkin Spice for an apple cider flavor. Its great just mixed, but after a few days, it just taste like over powering Pumpkin Spice. That was at 20% apple and 2% Pumpkin Spice (I like strong flavors). I tried TPA's Apple (Yeah, smells like the green jolly ranchers) at 10% and it kinda tasted like an apple. Its been sitting a few days now, so its time to try again soon.

harlielover

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Michigan

Let's take one example, TPA/TFA's Apple. Pretty close to the actual fruit, but it tastes more like peel than flesh to me. Not that it doesn't have a fruit flesh taste, it does, but it seems too far in the background for my sense of taste. So that means I have to add other flavorings to it. Sure, I could just live with it the way it is, if I had someone else's brain in my body, but my brain says it needs something else. I've played with this sucker every which way and never have gotten a perfect apple.

Have you tried adding a couple of drops of Bragg's Natural Apple Cider Vinegar to it.

I have doctored a couple of the candy tasting fruit type juices I bought with a bit of Bragg's for the apple and stone fruit types and some natural citric acid I had for candy making on the others and it does seem to help make them less candy tasting and helps pop the fruit flavors a bit.

graffinfected

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2012
ORLANDO, FL.
What about TFA? Are they any good? That's what I have on the way.

yea i have tried them.. they are more candy like to me.. but you might think otherwise.. sense we both have different tastes .. but i suggest to use cap's sweet strawberry and strawberry and cream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread