Best Tank for 100% VG Juices?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedHen

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2012
Minnesota
I am pretty smitten with Virgin Vapor but I am not having much luck finding a delivery device. My batt of choice are my 1000 mah Ego C-Twists and so far I've tried smoktech tank cartos (in varying ohms, with both 1 punch and two) and they are floodsville after a few ml. I have also tried a vivi nova which somehow is also floodsville and gunks up super fast.

Should I try the Kanger T3s?

tyleris12

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2010
Michigan
You need to get some tanks you can use Boge carto's in...the smoktech carto's are known to leak when using them punched in a carto tank, at least they always did for me. I use to only vape 100 VG (Virgin Vapor's) and I never had a problem using it in my carto tanks with Boges. Of course this is just my experience and I am sure other's will think differently, but thought I'd at least mention it. :)

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I use both Smoktek 1 and 2 hole laser-drilled cartos and Ikenvape Platinum punched with 2 laser-drilled holes. 75% of my e-liquids are the 100% Vg made by virgin vapors, vaperite, and dripeez. I don't have any issue with flooding.

I'm curious as to how you prep your carto prior to putting it into the tank.

I follow the method shown in the below video, in addition to putting a wood tooth pick into the center air hole to prevent unwanted liquid of getting in there while driping the juice. I fill it until the polyfil looks like a slushy drink, wait a few minutes, and top it off again if needed.

I then remove the toothpic, install my Slap yo Momma tank tool ( A PBusardo Review - Slap Yo Mama Multi-Purpose Adapter - Big Daddy Vapor - YouTube ) onto the carto, and lubricate it and the carto before inserting it halfway into the totally assembled tank. I fill the tank 3/4 full and then push the carto the rest of the way into the tank. Remove the tank tool and replace it with a drip tip.
___

I use a slow, steady, 5 second draw to inhale from the tank. Too hard of a puff can cause too much juice to fill the carto and lead to flooding.

RedHen

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2012
Minnesota
I do pretty much the exact opposite of that video. I'm really puzzled why he has the tank ON his PV while filling. And no primer hit? If I did that it would be insant burnt carto taste... gross. Anyway, my normal method is to drip 18 drops into my carto (while it's fully seated in the tank) over a minute or two. I then pull the carto partway out and tilt it to the side so I can get my dropper into the bottle, fill it 3/4 full, and then straighten out the carto and put it into position, followed by a 3-5 second dry hit (enough that I can see a few bubble and the tank volume goes down maybe 1mm.

I will try your method next fill, thanks!

VaperBart

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2012
St. Pete Florida, USA
i had bad experiances with carto tanks when i first started vaping and now im looking to go back to them now that i have more information and experiance. i never have tried the boge cartos and id like to try them with the wicked 4ml pyrex tanks from valley vapes.

Also i am running bobas bounty in a kanger T3 as we speak and its doing great. i think this is my 3rd fill of it on this T3.

VaperBart

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2012
St. Pete Florida, USA
Ok after going thru all 5 of my replacment heads..(or bases as it were) for my T3 none of them were as good as the one that came with installed in the unit. All 5 were bad but 3 out of the 5 were HORID!! They had the worst plastic taste and not even a hint of my juice flavor. I litterally did gag at one point. I guess its back to tilt & twirl on my vivi novas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread