Status
Not open for further replies.

disallowedword

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2010
Smokane, WA
Where are they located?
Have you been satisfied with service, items, etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
According to the tracking, they are located in Gardena CA.
They have been recommended to me by several members here. I have placed two separate orders with them, and was very satisfied with timely shipping and the items I received. Prices are great, they are now in my favorites!

ETA: I have just recently noticed, the Kay Fun does not seem to travel well, have had leaking issues! The Sub tank Mini seems to be pretty much bullet proof on the road.

Last edited:
Reactions: David Wolf

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
According to the tracking, they are located in Gardena CA.
They have been recommended to me by several members here. I have placed two separate orders with them, and was very satisfied with timely shipping and the items I received. Prices are great, they are now in my favorites!

ETA: I have just recently noticed, the Kay Fun does not seem to travel well, have had leaking issues! The Sub tank Mini seems to be pretty much bullet proof on the road.
I have the opposite experience. My KFL+V2 hasn't leaked yet. Nor have my nautilus mini's or GS Airs. My kanger subtank mini always leaks after a day of use, juice leaks out the air holes.

disallowedword

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2010
Smokane, WA
I have the opposite experience. My KFL+V2 hasn't leaked yet. Nor have my nautilus mini's or GS Airs. My kanger subtank mini always leaks after a day of use, juice leaks out the air holes.
You are one very lucky fellow, after having trouble with the Kayfun traveling, I also heard other stories about the Kay Fun leaking on Mountain passes.
I wouldn’t expect the nautilus to leak, since it has more of an old school style atomizer, in fact any vertical coil should do well. My Sub tank mini leaked really bad with the factory coils, but after spending some time learning how to wick the RBA properly I haven’t had any leaks for the past month, and if it can leak, the Peterbilt will make it leak!

My wife never has any trouble with her Kayfun, and neither do I, at home!

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
You are one very lucky fellow, after having trouble with the Kayfun traveling, I also heard other stories about the Kay Fun leaking on Mountain passes.
I wouldn’t expect the nautilus to leak, since it has more of an old school style atomizer, in fact any vertical coil should do well. My Sub tank mini leaked really bad with the factory coils, but after spending some time learning how to wick the RBA properly I haven’t had any leaks for the past month, and if it can leak, the Peterbilt will make it leak!

My wife never has any trouble with her Kayfun, and neither do I, at home!
may I ask how you wick your subtank mini. I liked the flavor of it :) I've tried less cotton I've tried more, still leaked eventually whether stock or my RBA. I've heard wicking straight out the wick holes might work best. Haven't tried that yet. Which version kayfun do you have? Mines the one with the tiny juice channels and that seems to be what I need for my thinner 70pg/30vg juice. The vertical stock coils of the subtank mini leaked, those huge wick holes in the v2 RBA don't help with my juice.

disallowedword

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2010
Smokane, WA
may I ask how you wick your subtank mini. I liked the flavor of it :) I've tried less cotton I've tried more, still leaked eventually whether stock or my RBA. I've heard wicking straight out the wick holes might work best. Haven't tried that yet. Which version kayfun do you have? Mines the one with the tiny juice channels and that seems to be what I need for my thinner 70pg/30vg juice. The vertical stock coils of the subtank mini leaked, those huge wick holes in the v2 RBA don't help with my juice.
Here is one of the many tutorials, Im betting you have already seen,
http://forums.mtbakervapor.com/t/a-simple-way-to-wick-a-subtank-mini-rba/541
When I got the Subtank mini I was going to spend a day playing around with different coil builds, but ended up spending the day looking at tutorials and learning to wick, lol.
My problem was, I was trying to stuff to much cotton through the coil. To thick and maybe a little to short.
I started making a little longer, slightly thinner wicks so they rest at the bottom of the wells and would lean against those holes in the barrel, basically plugging them holes in the barrel.
I use 50/50 store bought ejuice, and my DIY is 60vg/40pg. Haven’t had any trouble, but would expect to have problems with thicker juices.

The two stock coils that came with my STM, the cotton was so thin I could actually see the coil, and they both leaked like a sieve! I have read several posts speculating, that KT was a little chintzy with the cotton on those.
The beauty of an RBA is that you can make adjustments so they will work with whatever juice you want, make flavor, make vapor...

I bought two KF clones,
https://www.vaporrange.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=EHP-KayfunLitePlusV2
Wife commandeered the first one, so had to order a second one for myself, they are fantastic, at home, and she has no problems with the KF in the car.
Maybe not exactly plug and play for a driver, farmer, heavy equipment operator, or any other environment with vibration, variable Atmospheric Pressure, G-force...

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Here is one of the many tutorials, Im betting you have already seen,
http://forums.mtbakervapor.com/t/a-simple-way-to-wick-a-subtank-mini-rba/541
When I got the Subtank mini I was going to spend a day playing around with different coil builds, but ended up spending the day looking at tutorials and learning to wick, lol.
My problem was, I was trying to stuff to much cotton through the coil. To thick and maybe a little to short.
I started making a little longer, slightly thinner wicks so they rest at the bottom of the wells and would lean against those holes in the barrel, basically plugging them holes in the barrel.
I use 50/50 store bought ejuice, and my DIY is 60vg/40pg. Haven’t had any trouble, but would expect to have problems with thicker juices.

The two stock coils that came with my STM, the cotton was so thin I could actually see the coil, and they both leaked like a sieve! I have read several posts speculating, that KT was a little chintzy with the cotton on those.
The beauty of an RBA is that you can make adjustments so they will work with whatever juice you want, make flavor, make vapor...

I bought two KF clones,
https://www.vaporrange.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=EHP-KayfunLitePlusV2
Wife commandeered the first one, so had to order a second one for myself, they are fantastic, at home, and she has no problems with the KF in the car.
Maybe not exactly plug and play for a driver, farmer, heavy equipment operator, or any other environment with vibration, variable Atmospheric Pressure, G-force...
I saw that link you posted, great price for a kayfun clone! I actually might get one of those at that price. I bought this one from fasttech:
https://www.fasttech.com/product/1700500-kayfun-lite-plus-v2-styled-rebuildable-atomizer-4
It was a little pricier than others there, but had great reviews, and its really first quality,1:1 clone of the original V2, and vapes so well, great flavor, not leaked yet as I said. But you are right about atmospheric pressure changes, etc traveling, likely to leak in such situations, maybe even high temperatures. I take it to work and back, no problems there. Thanks for that link!

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
That double trigged mod just made me laugh out loud. A bit too RC car looking for me, but cool idea. The tank is interesting...I just wish it was top fill.

Hello there. Mr. Drysproket!

Yup, we couldn't decide whether it looks like something from Home Depot or Toys R Us... :lol: I'm really intersted in those new ceramic sintered :D coils.

We're waiting for more information from HG...

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...get-2-vtc-kit-with-ceramic-ccell-coil.709433/

Reactions: drysprocket

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Hi guys,

I think kayfun tank is very usefull for lung application. But we are talking about mouth to lung. I am using triton V1 with RTA set, but i am looking for better tank. Because it is not so easy to use RTA kit.
My kayfun lite V2 plus clone IS for mouth to lung vaping, the airflow is too tight for direct lung hits. A great tootle puffing tank at low power :)

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
My kayfun lite V2 plus clone IS for mouth to lung vaping, the airflow is too tight for direct lung hits. A great tootle puffing tank at low power :)

So is my Kayfun 4, Tobeco clone. A bit more air than the lites, adjustable AF, perfect for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread