Best Tank for ProVari?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EpicPanda

Verified Member
So, what do you think is the best tank for the ProVari?

I had been using the SMOKtech DCTs, then made a small upgrade to the DCTs with the ring that screws on the bottom and locks on the carto...but it cut off the airflow so I had to use it with out the ring...and sometimes the tank would...uh...slide off. Very messy.

Right now I'm using a 2ml Vivi Nova...the one with the strings instead of a carto. I'm liking it so far, but it does not sit flush with the ProVari and I have to refill it a couple of times a day.

So - factoring in flavor, durability, and how it looks on your ProVari - what do you think the best tank is?

Thanks in advance everyone!

Jimmy VanZeno

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2013
Melbourne
www.deadstarrenegade.com
Provari Mini.jpg

Im using an SS Liquinator Tank on mine and I reckon it looks the goods and vapes amazing. Using SR Boge Cartos, and I love the set up!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
So, what do you think is the best tank for the ProVari? - factoring in flavor, durability, and how it looks on your ProVari - what do you think the best tank is?

"Best" is a very subjective description. Starting with flavor, unless you are one of the few individuals who can "taste" the plastic from plastic tubed tanks, this is a non-factor. (If you can, then pyrex or stainless steel is your answer.) A tank is merely a reservoir for containing the juice that feeds the cartomizer, and has little else to do with flavor. The real workhorse in this area is the cartomizer itself. A quality cartomizer that meets your expectations will have much more to do with flavor production than the tank it is in.

Many people prefer cartotanks over clearomizer tanks for flavor, however the exact opposite can be true, too. The only way to see which category you fit in is to try both. You will get a slightly different vape from the clearotank category depending upon if you are using a top or bottom feeding/coil tank. Top feeding/coil clearos like the Vivi Nova typically give a warmer vape. A bottom feeding/coil clearo like a ProTank or Evod may give a cooler vape.

I have found all types of tanks to have reasonable durability with reasonable handling, even the pyrex variety. The all steel or aluminum tanks are nearly indestructable. The tanks that use the clear polycarbonate tubes are susceptible to the tank cracking juices. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/baditude/3733-6-something-safe-cinnamon-citrus-flavors.html Tubes made of pyrex, polypropylene plastic, or metal are safe for all flavors.

Looks are extremely subjective and based completely on the "eye of the beholder". There are a few specialty tanks that were designed to "look" good on a Provari. The ProV tanks from Vaperfexion and the Kir Fanis Prive tanks are examples; the ZAP is a high end RBA tank designed especially for a Provari. Be aware that many of these expensive high end tanks still use plastic tubes that are susceptible to the tank cracking flavors.

My personal preference is the pyrex IBTanked with Ikenvape cartomizers. IBTanked - Get Tanked With Us! For under $28 you can get a tank kit with caps, glass tube, carto, and a specialized drip tip that can double as a tank accessory tool.

IBTanked-MiniProvari.jpg IBTanked-large-small.jpg 19mm IBTanked on Provari's, XL and standard length

22mm XL IBTanked with Pro Ring beauty ring on Provari for the flush look

I have seven 19mm and five 22mm IBTanks. They easily are my favorite tanks out of several tanks from different manufacturers that I own. The quality that you get at such a reasonable cost can not be beat. I did a comprehensive review of these tanks and include a guide to help choose which tank to purchase: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/baditude/3318-3-ibtanked-pyrex-glass-tanks-review.html
_______

Ikenvape cartomizers: Punch! Cartos & Tanks I recommend the standard resistance punched Platinum or 510 Fusions for the Provari. The longer 45mm carts are called "mega".

I use the Smoktek 3.0 ohm single coils from Tank Replacements when I can't get the Ikenvape carts. These can only be used on the XL tanks; you will be limited to using Boge or Ikenvape carts with a standard length tank.

I also recommend purchasing an indespensible tank tool called the Slap Yo Moma. This will protect your o-rings from unnecessay wear from cartos during assembly and juice refills, and greatly aids in the ease of these tasks, too.

SYM.JPG Delrin SYM.jpg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOhhasydESQ

Last edited:

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Well I have been using a pro-tank for a while now, and on one of my tanks, the bottom piece is starting to come loose. I just discoverered that,
the Tatroe tank, is designed to use the bottom flange, from the pro-tank. Basicly turning the pro tank, into a stainless tank. So that is something that I am interested in, I never liked the fact that the pro-tank was not stainless & pyrex so this is a good option for me.

Kataphraktos

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2013
New York, NY
Well I have been using a pro-tank for a while now, and on one of my tanks, the bottom piece is starting to come loose. I just discoverered that,
the Tatroe tank, is designed to use the bottom flange, from the pro-tank. Basicly turning the pro tank, into a stainless tank. So that is something that I am interested in, I never liked the fact that the pro-tank was not stainless & pyrex so this is a good option for me.

The guys who make the Tatroe tank are making a replacement base as well, because the Kanger-made base is the suck.

So, really, the only thing left is the coil. I find this amusing.

Fury83

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Nowhere
The guys who make the Tatroe tank are making a replacement base as well, because the Kanger-made base is the suck.

Lol...just make it a little wider, make their own little deck for the base and call it the Tatroefun

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
In the case of carto tanks, the tank (assuming the o-rings are tight) is 2nd to the type of cartomizer used. A good cartomizer, which is properly prepared makes all the difference in the world between a stellar vape and a poor vape.

There are many excellent rebuildable tank type delivery devices on the market. The vaping performance is matched only to one's ability to make a good coil/wick assembly.

Bottom line . . . Have fun with your devices and experiment.

- Andy

EpicPanda

Verified Member
Thanks everyone - this is great advice. I love ECF.

And I love seeing how these tanks looks on your ProVari's too. I wish there was an ecig Wallmart I could walk into and see everything in person, lol.

I will def. be checking out IBT...and look forward to hearing what more of your love having on your ProVari.

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
Nice PV Mr. Williams.

I also have a Black Provari Mini and I am ordering a Loki ring in a few days.That 22 mm tank looks great, is it a regular or XL???

Initially, they only had the XL size tanks. Recently, they added the standard size tank.

- Andy

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
I just looked up the tatroe tank and your right, they now sell the bases, and coil for an xtra $13.00, the one thing I don't like is they don't come with a tip, and the only have 1 style of tip listed and it is out of stock. I did find some tips on hoosier vapes that are stainless, that I think would look good with it. The tatroe bases only have one air groove in it also.
Oh and hey finder, I really like the Prive by Kir Fanis, thats the first good pic I have seen of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread