Best tank or system for dark liquid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuelMSr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2013
Meridian, Idaho
I am currently using the Protank 2 with my darker and thicker liquid and the coils are only lasting around a day each.

Can you guys suggest a better tank type setup that will work with my wraith unit?

I am not big into huge hot hits with massive vapor clouds, I didn't smoke for 2 years before I started vaping. I almost started smoking again and chose to vape instead.

Thanks for the help!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The only effective "tank" system for dark or thick e-liquids would be a bottom feeding box mod. (ie a Reo or VMod). Essentially a mod with a built-in tank which feeds a drip atomizer backwards. Any delivery attachment which uses a wick system to feed a coil is going to have major issues with dark/thick liquids. Since a drip atomizer uses no wicks, there's nothing to clog up.

bottom_feeding_box_mod.jpg Reo.jpg VMod-XL.jpg

Last edited:

SamuelMSr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2013
Meridian, Idaho
The only effective "tank" system for dark or thick e-liquids would be a bottom feeding box mod. (ie a Reo or VMod). Essentially a mod with a built-in tank which feeds a drip atomizer backwards. Any delivery attachment which uses a wick system to feed a coil is going to have major issues with dark/thick liquids. Since a drip atomizer uses no wicks, there's nothing to clog up.

View attachment 287388 View attachment 287387 View attachment 287390

Where do I look for something like this?

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
Anything in the juice that doesn't go up in the vapor stays in the tank. It increases in concentration and causes problems. Goo on the coil, coil can't do it's job, etc.

Like if you took a pot of water and boiled it dry. You'd have a bit of scale, the dried minerals, salts and other impurities in the water. Then if you refilled it, boiled dry, and did it again, eventually you'd have quite a collection, like a white grey rock. I have a water distiller; you should see the boiling chamber after a few weeks...

So, the darker the juice, the need to rinse out the tank, wicks and coil more frequently. You have to get the residue out.

I can only vape 2 Triton tankfuls with Voodoo before needing a rinse. The price we pay for the darker yummy juices.

SamuelMSr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2013
Meridian, Idaho
Anything in the juice that doesn't go up in the vapor stays in the tank. It increases in concentration and causes problems. Goo on the coil, coil can't do it's job, etc.

Like if you took a pot of water and boiled it dry. You'd have a bit of scale, the dried minerals, salts and other impurities in the water. Then if you refilled it, boiled dry, and did it again, eventually you'd have quite a collection, like a white grey rock. I have a water distiller; you should see the boiling chamber after a few weeks...

So, the darker the juice, the need to rinse out the tank, wicks and coil more frequently. You have to get the residue out.

I can only vape 2 Triton tankfuls with Voodoo before needing a rinse. The price we pay for the darker yummy juices.

I am not getting anywhere near a full tank on my PT2...

SkinyFatMan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2013
Sacramento, California, United States
Last edited:

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
I'm not familiar with a wraith. If you go lower resistance coil, you will have to also go lower volts/watts. This sounds good, as you say you aren't into hot hits and big clouds.

Also, if you are taking frequent hits, that would exacerbate the problem. Allow a bit of time between hits.

You won't like this next option, but it should be considered; find another juice you like that isn't as dark or laden with non-vapable matter. There are plenty of amazing flavors out there. I didn't smoke menthol, but I like to vape it occasionally. And I would have NEVER thought a blackberry crumble cake called Twas Brillig by Alice in Vapeland would be a favorite. Never.

Good luck on your quest. And you are smart to turn to this option rather than buying a pack!!!! Kudos!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread