Best tight MTL Kayfun 2021 vs prime? Juice control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vape247

Apr 27, 2021
Looking for a new kit, strictly for tight mtl, and tight mtl only!

Read through a lot of posts but it is pretty much unanimous that Kayfun is where I need to look (of course if you have a better option from another producer for me to consider please let me know)

I am considering the Kayfun 2021 and the Kayfun Prime. So one has top fill and juice control, the other has the pro pin system for air control making this impossible to chose :(

Wish they had pro pin + top fill + juice control! But they don't.

Anyone have experience with these who can help me tilt one way or the other. I can get over the top fill/bottom fill bit; but not a distinct flavor difference. Do you use the juice control, does the prime lack in flavor, or in airflow restriction for mtl ?

Please let me know your thoughts.

thx.

Reactions: CAAB

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
You're right !.
Looking for a new kit, strictly for tight mtl, and tight mtl only!

Read through a lot of posts but it is pretty much unanimous that Kayfun is where I need to look (of course if you have a better option from another producer for me to consider please let me know)

I am considering the Kayfun 2021 and the Kayfun Prime. So one has top fill and juice control, the other has the pro pin system for air control making this impossible to chose :(

Wish they had pro pin + top fill + juice control! But they don't.

Anyone have experience with these who can help me tilt one way or the other. I can get over the top fill/bottom fill bit; but not a distinct flavor difference. Do you use the juice control, does the prime lack in flavor, or in airflow restriction for mtl ?

Please let me know your thoughts.

thx.
I've been vaping MTL exclusively for the best part of 10 years. I haven't used nor own a Kayfun light (plus) 2021 but have three Primes and perfectly happy with them. Great on flavour. I keep Juice control fully open. It's a dedicated MTL device and there are six airflow settings to choose from and easy to adjust between them without the need of tools such as a screwdriver. The Prime turned out to be exactly what i was hoping it would be. Easier to use than the K4 so i was happy switching to the prime ( if it wasn't then i'd still be using the K4).

I build a five wrap, 2.5 mm ID, 1 ohm, 29g Kanthal coil and vape 68% VG / 32% PG 24mg D.I.Y juice at 11.5 watts. So it handles VG pretty well. I usually rewick when the tank dries up so it doesn't matter to me how i'd refill it. But i do know that refilling either the 2021 or the Prime is pretty easy in any case. Getting back to the juice control though. After i have rewicked it's time to refill the tank. So the base gets screwed back on fully. Then the top will be unscrewed and i fill the tank up. Screw the top back on, then holding the tank horizontally with both hands i will unscrew the juice control two full turns (basically unscewing the entire base from the tank by 720 degrees), and that's it. I'm not sure what difference it would make if the juice control was opened up less because i've never tried. To be honest, if there were no juice control it wouldn't really make a difference to me at all. I suppose if the juice were mainly PG then it would probably have to be tighter, maybe someone else could fill you in on that.

Don't know what else to tell you. It's a great atomizer. Had been waiting for it since the K4 and was pretty disappointed with the release of the K5 seeing as it was a dedicated DTL device so i skipped it.

I don't know why i haven't bought a 2021 though. I expect it works perfectly as a MTL atomizer though.

Those folks at Svoemesto certainly know their stuff when it comes to designing a MTL atomizer.

Last edited:

CAAB

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2019
New York

Good news is that Steam Tuners makes a top fill tank with juice flow control for the Kayfun Lite. It was made originally for the Kayfun Lite 2019 but I believe it works for the 2021 as well. Kayfun [Lite] Top fill kit - Steam Tuners

I'm sure a vendor will be able to verify that with you. You can get that kit from a lot of vendors depending on where you are.

From a flavor standpoint, the Prime and the Lite are very similar, maybe the Lite is marginally better in my opinion. What makes me prefer the Lite is the fine control on airflow. With the Prime, you have a handful of options: 1mm, 1.2mm 1.4mm, 1.6mm, 1.8mm, 2.0mm.

With the Lite you have an infinite airflow variation via an adjustment screw in the 510 pin. I find myself somewhere between 1mm and 1.2mm. But you can go even tighter than 1mm if you want. The Lite is the best if you are really finicky about tight airflow.

For tight airflow, you'll want that MTL Pro Pin as well in my opinion, it makes for a smoother draw with those narrower diameters.

There are 2 things about the Prime I like more. For one, you can adjust the airflow on the fly. With the Lite, you have to unscrew the atomizer from the mod and adjust the pin with a screwdriver. It's a bit of a headache at first, but once you dial it down you never have to adjust it again unless you are the type of vaper who changes airflow regularly. The other thing I like about the Prime is that the tank is borosilicate glass. I prefer glass tanks. But I am willing to live with an acrylic or ultem tank on the Lite.

That's my personal take anyway.

bcalvanese

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2012
Pennsylvania
I have both and like the Kayfun Lite [plus] better. It's shorter and holds the same 2ml of liquid as the prime. I got the extension tank so it will hold 4ml, and it's still shorter than the prime. It's simpler and I don't mind bottom fill at all because I get to check my coil when I fill it. Juice flow is not an issue either. Never got a dry hit on any kayfun. The airflow adjustment is better on the lite [plus] because it adjusts the flow right at the coil which is the best place for it.

I got the nite DLC one.

20210511_174626.jpg

Reactions: T0mmy1977
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread