BEST Top air flow RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
The best top air flow rta by far is the OBS Engine. I use mine all day every day. Easy to build, easy to wick, no leaking, great flavor and great vapor production. My wife kept stealing mine whenever I got home so I got her one. She says it is the smoothest and most flavorful tank I have.

Buckeyevapen

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2016
The best top air flow RTA by far is the OBS Engine. I use mine all day every day. Easy to build, easy to wick, no leaking, great flavor and great vapor production. My wife kept stealing mine whenever I got home so I got her one. She says it is the smoothest and most flavorful tank I have.
So let me ask a question: is the only difference between the regular and the nano the build deck?

mhertz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Denmark
No, also the airflow is changed, in addition to the single-coil deck config. It's also spec'ed as having 0.1ml more capacity and the fill-port is very slightly smaller in height. The airflow is changed to hit the coil from both sides, while still being top-airflow, instead of the previous straight down from the top, then now it's straight down and to the sides, from the top(through a double-wall'ed cap).

They are cheap, so i'd recommend just getting both and see which you prefer, and both is highly acclaimed. I'm vaping the dual-coil engine right now :)

Last edited:

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
There have been more mixed opinions on the nano/regular, or single vs. dual coil deck, with some more unhappy campers with the single coil deck. I don't know if it's because of the way they changed the airflow. The dual is generally well regarded.

There is another option, the Engine mini. 23 mm and ~3 ml(?) fill, dual deck, but easy to build with a single coil and just split the wick tails in half to cover all 4 juice slots.

Reactions: mhertz

VapNMirrors

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2015
currently, Earth
I appreciate all of the replies here. I'm about to pull the trigger on my first RTA and it's a tight race between:

The original Ammit
The Ammit dual
OBS Engine Nano

Anyone have any first hand experience that might compare these?

I am one RTA up on you and made my first the Engine Nano. The overall design is awesome. The top air still hits the coil on the side and it also really helps cool the tank, as well as making it basically leak proof. I decided those aspects superseded any minor comprises for flavour in a first, and all day in pocket RTA. In that regard, after a few tries building, it's fricken spot-on. Zero regrets.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread