Status
Not open for further replies.

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
I know from buying from vendors that Turkish needs a good 2 week steep. They all start very "perfumey". I don't mind waiting if it's worth it. My first and only Turkish diy purchase thus far isn't cutting it. I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions... looking for something smooth and mellow with the typical characteristics...
Thanks

Turbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2009
Southeast/USA
I know from buying from vendors that Turkish needs a good 2 week steep. They all start very "perfumey". I don't mind waiting if it's worth it. My first and only Turkish diy purchase thus far isn't cutting it. I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions... looking for something smooth and mellow with the typical characteristics...
Thanks

I'd go with Hansen, as their tobacco flavorings are super. Most of us are using (1) drop per/ml. Steeping does favor any tobacco mix, but these can get away w/ less if need be. Dirt simple!

ECX has it listed but is out of stock for the moment. You can also try vaping Zone (VZ) and RTS supply, or keep an eye on the link as they're restocking Hangsen now.

Reactions: Mark Russel

Turbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2009
Southeast/USA
Thanks for the response. I've been keeping it below 5% with my current flavorings. Started my first small bottle at 15% which was overwhelming...lol
Just looking for a good Turkish base. I'll take a look at Hansen. First I've heard of them. Thanks again...

No problem, report back if you try the Hangsen Turkish DIY flavor. Each flavoring company/individual taste is different, but w/ Hangsen, the guys on this thread set us straight; less is more and (1) drop per/ml is where they shine.

I've tried to DIY tobacco for years and about gave up until I saw that thread.

Turbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2009
Southeast/USA
So I grabbed two bottles today. I also got a bunch of their other tobaccos. Any other recommendations?

Sounds great, let us know what you think. As for other Hangsen tobacco's, everyone I've tried so far is good, although I gravitate towards RY-1 and Indian tobacco. Depends what flavor you're after. I'd give that thread I quoted a good read, there's lots of good info on their tobacco flavors there.

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
Shoot, had Indian in cart. Without description I wasn't sure what it was. Native Indian like American spirit or India Indian. I liked American spirits. I did grab ry1 and ry4. I haven't had an ry4 I've liked yet even from a vendor but, people love it. So I'm assuming I've just gotten bad examples including the flavoring I just got.
Some red cola for mixing. I have just about every flavor that isn't fruit covered between my original order, an order of flavour art tobaccos, and now hangsen...

I'll read that thread. My ideal would be to come close to something like Casablanca which I know I need a smooth rich Turkish base. My first attempt wouldn't be too off if the Turkish tobacco in there would lose its overwhelming perfume like flavor but, it's been a week without any hint of mellowing...

Turbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2009
Southeast/USA
Shoot, had Indian in cart. Without description I wasn't sure what it was. Native Indian like American spirit or India Indian. I liked American spirits. I did grab ry1 and ry4. I haven't had an ry4 I've liked yet even from a vendor but, people love it. So I'm assuming I've just gotten bad examples including the flavoring I just got.
Some red cola for mixing. I have just about every flavor that isn't fruit covered between my original order, an order of flavour art tobaccos, and now hangsen...

I'll read that thread. My ideal would be to come close to something like Casablanca which I know I need a smooth rich Turkish base. My first attempt wouldn't be too off if the Turkish tobacco in there would lose its overwhelming perfume like flavor but, it's been a week without any hint of mellowing...

You can always try more later. I just added a couple new ones to try myself. Indian is a full/robust tobacco flavor. I never had much luck w/ FA tobacco's but some people do... Hangsen couldn't be more simple, one drop per/ml!

What company is your perfume Turkish?

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
mt baker...I know... was dumb... was excited for diy and loaded up on tobacco flavors from a company not renowned for their tobaccos. Liked the convenience of everything in one order from one spot ,premixed unflavored nic liquid. Have since ordered nic concentrate and gallons of pg and vg... it's a week into its steep and still just not right... Their east coast isn't bad. Very similar to truly from Copper Creek.
I have pretty much every flavor that isn't fruit :D... add to cart, add to cart, add to cart...

The dulce de lece? caramel.. whatever.. smells delicious. Have a blend steeping now... Other than their coffee and tobaccos their flavoring seems okay. I don't really have the experience to say what's what other than vendors liquid I've had...

FinallyQuit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2011
SC
I read a thread started by Levitas stating his flavoring order smelled of Casablanca, let me see if I can find it for you. Post 64 from this thread:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-lets-give-levitas-helping-hand-thread-3.html

Alrighty, the new flavors are in! :D I am fortunate enough to get off early enough to do some minor mixing and experimenting.

The whole package smelled of BWB's Casablanca, and which flavor was the culprit? The Acetyl Pyrazine :closedeyes: This isn't necessarily a terrible thing, but, Casablanca wasn't really my thing. But, I won't knock the flavor until I try it, though, I won't be trying it right off of the bat like with the tobaccos.

Okie Dokie, the baccos. I mixed a 5ml bottle of each, all at 5% flavoring:

-Double RY4 (TFA)
-Commercial Tobacco (SM)
-Light Brand (SM)

Time for the initial taste tests.

First up, the Light Brand (SM): I am vaping this in the same atty in which I use my BNB (Banana Nut Brownie) juice in, and I've got to say, it's a plain-ish flavor (or perhaps weak at 5%), but, what promise I can see in this flavor is that it could be a great mixer for that BNB blend to give it that body I felt it was missing. I will definitely be experimenting with it to see if it's the key.

Okay, so next we have the Double RY4 (TFA): Ooo, now that's tasty! MMm, caramel, baby! I can almost see what you would taste with the steeping. At first, it's pretty robust, even at 5%. I imagine it calming into a smooth and sweet flavor. However, it's pretty damn good straight up fresh, no doubt. This also might be an excellent mixer for that BNB blend I spoke of earlier. Ooo, the possibilities are becoming exciting. Be aware this flavor loves to hang about the atty, just FYI ;-)

Finally, we've the Commercial Tobacco (SM): (And also, some nic fitting...) Hmm, this isn't all that great. There is an under note of very slight perfumey-ness (if I mixed at a higher %, I imagine it would be more prevalent). This might turn okay with time, though, I'll say it's my least favorite of the 3 thus far. I imagine this to be a good flavor for those who are just starting to vape, and want something more akin to a cigarette. That's what it sorta reminds me of, a cigarette. Meh, let us see where time gets us.

Last edited:

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
Don,I mean turbo... :D.. you were right. The hangsen Turkish is just what I was looking for. Has that casa odor. Everything needs steeping but, seems like I have to go heavier with the Hangsen than flavor art. Did 5% on like 10 5ml bottles. The fa is pronounced and hangsen just hints. I'll have direct comparison opinions in a few days....

Thanks

michaelsil1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2013
Los Angeles
I'd go with Hansen, as their tobacco flavorings are super. Most of us are using (1) drop per/ml. Steeping does favor any tobacco mix, but these can get away w/ less if need be. Dirt simple!

ECX has it listed but is out of stock for the moment. You can also try Vaping Zone (VZ) and RTS supply, or keep an eye on the link as they're restocking Hangsen now.

It looks like it back in stock at ECX

Turbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2009
Southeast/USA
Don,I mean turbo... :D.. you were right. The hangsen Turkish is just what I was looking for. Has that casa odor. Everything needs steeping but, seems like I have to go heavier with the Hangsen than flavor art. Did 5% on like 10 5ml bottles. The fa is pronounced and hangsen just hints. I'll have direct comparison opinions in a few days....

Thanks

Glad your initially happy. 5% is much higher than we're doing on the thread. One drop per/ml from an ECX bottle is about 2.9%. Some who've gone higher find the flavor diminishes or gets a foul taste, so keep that in mind if your results are not good. I'd try at least one sample at one drop per/ml so you can A/B test them.

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
Glad your initially happy. 5% is much higher than we're doing on the thread. One drop per/ml from an ECX bottle is about 2.9%. Some who've gone higher find the flavor diminishes or gets a foul taste, so keep that in mind if your results are not good. I'd try at least one sample at one drop per/ml so you can A/B test them.

The thing was I did flavour art and the hangsen at the same time same amount. Sampled two days later and the hangsen just barely had any flavor and almost zero color change, where the fa had significant flavor and had darkened.
Hope I didn't over do it. I know you know much more than I do. Either way they're atleast small mess ups unlike my first round..lol if they are...
What are you looking at for steep time for the flavor to show? The hangsen bottles I got say"essence" with some cheesey green sticker and the flavor. That correct?

As always thank you. The fa Virginia is pretty good.. I'd give it a try...

Turbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2009
Southeast/USA
The thing was I did flavour art and the hangsen at the same time same amount. Sampled two days later and the hangsen just barely had any flavor and almost zero color change, where the fa had significant flavor and had darkened.
Hope I didn't over do it. I know you know much more than I do. Either way they're atleast small mess ups unlike my first round..lol if they are...
What are you looking at for steep time for the flavor to show? The hangsen bottles I got say"essence" with some cheesey green sticker and the flavor. That correct?

As always thank you. The fa Virginia is pretty good.. I'd give it a try...

'jimi d' addressed this on this post in the thread I keep mentioning. Seems like using too much can mute the flavors.

I let mine steep for 8 days or so, although some try them sooner. So far I've found RY-1 to come alive after about a week, so I use that as a rough guide. Depends how desperate I am for juice, although I try to mix in advance ;) Yeah, those ECX bottles are what most of us are using, so you're good there.

For my sake and possibly yours, mix one small sample of just Hangsen Turkish tobacco and nothing else at one drop per /ml and let it sit for a week. Compare that to your other mixes. You may find like some of us did that simple is better w/ these.

Turbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2009
Southeast/USA
I'm on it. Going to try it just like that. Sorry I know you linked me to solid info... I'm usually good at following up and reading...

I ordered some of that acetyl pyrazine. Any experience with that?

No, that's suppose to add a nutty flavor I think. Then there's Vape Wizard, Bitter Wizard, and Apple cider vinegar (ACV) that some add to tobacco mixes. I may actually try ACV in my Indian mix next time. I'm a lazy DIY'er, which is why I love these Hangsen's, so I'm not into recipes as much as most are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread