Best unflavored e-juice with no throat hit w/o diacetyl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

raven13

Jun 18, 2013
Maryland
Hello all!

I've been using Vapor vapes flavorless e-liquid (Flavorless E-Juice – Vapor Vapes) for some time now. 3mg NIC, 30/70 pg/vg mix. Usually use my Aspire Nautilus 2s at 6-7 watts to vape with with 1.8 resistance coils.

That setup give me a bit of a throat hit. Hard to explain, really. My goal is to vape something flavorless that has absolutely zero throat hit and zero flavor. As if I'm just breathing normal air.

I'm not sure if that even exists, but instead of doing a ton of research blindly on my own, I figured I'd ask the community here for their input and/or any recommendations for a juice (or different device set up) that would give me zero throat hit (again, if that's even possible).

Any advice, input or recommendations would be appreciated!

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Diacetyl only exists in some flavorings that have custard or buttery notes, so don't worry about that. As far as no throat hit, looks for juice that contain smooth nic salts. That's all I know, because I enjoy throat hit.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 27, 2015
    Dunoon, West of Scotland.
    Unless you dislike it - a drop of menthol E Liiquid added to your unflavoured might do the trick. It did for me.

Pre TPD I used to always mix my own when I could buy 36 strength 50/50 and dilute it down to 16 and I found a Greek Nic Liquid which had more Throat hit than any other.

Whoops - egg on face time for Ould G - sorry, I thought the OP was looking for a bit more bite with unflavoued - ignore! "It's me age Guv'!"

Last edited:

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    Hello all!

I've been using Vapor vapes flavorless E-Liquid (Flavorless E-Juice – Vapor Vapes) for some time now. 3mg NIC, 30/70 pg/vg mix. Usually use my Aspire Nautilus 2s at 6-7 watts to vape with with 1.8 resistance coils.

That setup give me a bit of a throat hit. Hard to explain, really. My goal is to vape something flavorless that has absolutely zero throat hit and zero flavor. As if I'm just breathing normal air.

I'm not sure if that even exists, but instead of doing a ton of research blindly on my own, I figured I'd ask the community here for their input and/or any recommendations for a juice (or different device set up) that would give me zero throat hit (again, if that's even possible).

Any advice, input or recommendations would be appreciated!

A couple small points. There are 3 areas that could potentially be a source of TH for you: 1 is the nicotine itself, 2 is the PG content, and 3 is the design of the drip tip.

many MTL drip tips are actually designed to bring out as much TH as possible to the user, since they're designed with former smokers in mind. The replication of the smoking experience as closely as possible actually requires a TH, but many of these designers forgot about those who have damage to their throat from smoking, and can't deal with TH as a result.

The nautilus 2s your using should have a removable 510 threaded drip tip, that you can replace with something that's designed a little better for you.

For myself I really enjoy this design here:

Authentic Vapefly 510 Yellow PMMA 16mm Drip Tip for Galaxies MTL RDA

(They have black too)

but you can try a couple different drip tips to see which one might work best for you. Just realize that the longer and thinner a driptip is, the more TH it will give you.

As Letitia mentioned you can go 100% VG to eliminate the PG aspect completely or you can try salt nicotine at the same strength your using now, but finding that will be a challenge if you can even find any.

For me I eliminate all three (PG, driptip as well as use low mg salts) but you might only need to change 1 or two things.

If I were you I'd start with the easiest and least expensive potential fix - the drip tip, and if that didn't help enough for you then move on to coupling that fix with a full PG elimination.

I hope this helps you some, and good luck going forward.

Last edited:

Hawise

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 25, 2013
    AB, Canada
    I'm afraid it doesn't really exist. The issues are as follows:
    • VG and PG, which you need to vape and to carry the nicotine, have their own flavour. VG is slightly sweet and PG is slightly disgusting on its own. VG also creates a sort of thickish feeling, so it's not like breathing air. I think your best bet might be around 50/50. The PG and VG would cancel each other out a bit, although not entirely.
    • Nicotine has some inherent throat hit. However, switching to salt nic should lower that. I'd expect that vaping the way you are with salt nic would result in a really minimal throat hit.
    • As @smacuser says, eliminating diacetyl is not a problem - there's none to avoid in the ingredients you're using.

raven13

Jun 18, 2013
    Maryland
    A couple small points. There are 3 areas that could potentially be a source of TH for you: 1 is the nicotine itself, 2 is the PG content, and 3 is the design of the drip tip.

many MTL drip tips are actually designed to bring out as much TH as possible to the user, since they're designed with former smokers in mind. The replication of the smoking experience as closely as possible actually requires a TH, but many of these designers forgot about those who have damage to their throat from smoking, and can't deal with TH as a result.

The nautilus 2s your using should have a removable 510 threaded drip tip, that you can replace with something that's designed a little better for you.

For myself I really enjoy this design here:

Authentic Vapefly 510 Yellow PMMA 16mm Drip Tip for Galaxies MTL RDA

(They have black too)

but you can try a couple different drip tips to see which one might work best for you. Just realize that the longer and thinner a driptip is, the more TH it will give you.

As Letitia mentioned you can go 100% VG to eliminate the PG aspect completely or you can try salt nicotine at the same strength your using now, but finding that will be a challenge if you can even find any.

For me I eliminate all three (PG, driptip as well as use low mg salts) but you might only need to change 1 or two things.

If I were you I'd start with the easiest and least expensive potential fix - the drip tip, and if that didn't help enough for you then move on to coupling that fix with a full PG elimination.

I hope this helps you some, and good luck going forward.

Thank you very much for the thoughtful response! I check out that Vapefly 510 for sure. Probably going to try a 50/50 salt mix too based on other recommendations, first, before going all VG. Thank you again, I appreciate it!

raven13

Jun 18, 2013
    Maryland
    I'm afraid it doesn't really exist. The issues are as follows:
    • VG and PG, which you need to vape and to carry the nicotine, have their own flavour. VG is slightly sweet and PG is slightly disgusting on its own. VG also creates a sort of thickish feeling, so it's not like breathing air. I think your best bet might be around 50/50. The PG and VG would cancel each other out a bit, although not entirely.
    • Nicotine has some inherent throat hit. However, switching to salt nic should lower that. I'd expect that vaping the way you are with salt nic would result in a really minimal throat hit.
    • As @smacuser says, eliminating diacetyl is not a problem - there's none to avoid in the ingredients you're using.
    Very helpful, thank you much. Will give a 50/50 salt a try! Appreciate you taking the time to post this.

raven13

Jun 18, 2013
    Maryland
    I'm at a loss as to your ultimate aim. You want to vape but don't want it to feel like you're vaping ? You want to inhale e-liquid but don't want to feel or taste that you are doing so ?
    I genuinely don't get it but the answer is obvious - don't vape. Wear a nicotine patch.

I just like to get my nicotine from vaping, and don't care for any flavor or throat hit? To each their own? Lol.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    Reactions: YoursTruli

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I never tried Nic Salts but from what I read if you want zero TH then nic salt may be your best bet at 3mg. It should give you 0 TH at that low a strength.

As for Zero flavor, well, that's gonna be the tough one. I have only tried 2 brands of nicotine in my life, and both have a flavor and it's not a palatable one. But adding flavor masks it. I could never vape it unflavored. Doesn't take much flavor to mask the nic base flavor.

Some people claim that Nude Nicotine's expensive juice lines are flavorless, but the thing is flavor is subjective. They may not taste anything, but maybe you and I could. But Nude Nic is no longer selling retail nic anymore.

Does anyone recommend a good, reputable nic salt juice provider?

I can't recommend a juice provider. But you can find CONCENTRATE providers and mix your own 70VG 3mg flavorless. That would be easy to do. Easiest and cheapest way would be to buy 100mg nic base and some VG & PG diluent. But as I said above, you may taste the nic base. Also, VG is sweet. Your unflavored juice brand might be using an additive to mask the sweetness, possibly a bittering agent.

So as an example, if you want to mix a 30ml bottle of your own 3mg unflavored 70VG juice, you would do the following if you would buy 100mg/ml 100% PG nic salt base.

100% PG Nic Salt base - 0.9ml
    PG - 8.1ml
    VG - 21.0ml

That would result in 30mls of 70VG/30PG 3MG unflavored juice. Whether you will taste anything, like the taste and like the sweetness of the VG is another matter.

You can get the same thing if you buy 100mg/ml 100% VG base instead. The ratios would be...

100% VG Nic Salt base - 0.9ml
    PG - 9.0ml
    VG - 20.1ml

The end result will be the same as above.

raven13

Jun 18, 2013
    Maryland
    I forgot about ecblends. They sell unflavored ejuice ready to vape with either regular nicotine or nic salts. I guess it's worth a shot, not too expensive.

Flavorless eLiquid (E-BASE)

Thank you!!! This is exactly what I'm looking for. I also like how highly rated that supplier is, and is also FDA approved. Very much appreciate your help!

raven13

Jun 18, 2013
    Maryland
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread