The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Best vendor for pure nicotine liquid and a few other questions

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by The Hard Vapist, Aug 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. The Hard Vapist

The Hard Vapist Full Member

May 27, 2020
    Hi,

Unfortunately they are about to ban nicotine E juice in my country in 6 months time. I was stocking up on my regular E juice but this is not really a long term feasible solution.

Luckily I vape unflavoured, so I figure it shouldn't be too hard to make myself.

I had a bit of a look around and found liquid nicotine, up to 250mg/ml, or nicotine salts, both USP, whatever that means.

Just wondering what the best nicotine product would be for long term storage and quality. If someone could recommend a vendor and product that would be great. I normally vape 70/30 pg juice from Heather's heavenly vapes.

I would prefer a liquid than a salt unless there is a big difference in shelf life.

Thanks for your advice

2. ENAUD

ENAUD falling, falling, down the rabbit hole... Verified Member ECF Veteran

3. ENAUD

PS, not sure what country you are in and who would ship there,,,but wherever you get your nic, keep it in a freezer for longevity. Good luck.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  4. 2WhiteWolves

2WhiteWolves Full Member

Oct 25, 2017
    Tornado Alley
  5. Uncle

Uncle ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

The most reasonably priced vendor for nicotine is Heartland Vapes (also for storage bottles):

Nicotine Liquid - Vegetable Glycerin - Flavorings -Wholesale and DIY Heartlandvapes Wholesale

BTW: If you purchase 4 litters (OK - Thanks to @JCinFLA :pervy: - It's liters - not litters ) they lower the price and if you spend $50.00 or more you get free shipping - which will help on getting the bottles shipped for free too . . . :thumbs:

You can also found a lot of information about storing NIC here:

Nic Base Storage: Freezer vs. Room Temp Experiment

Hope this informative is helpful . . . Just Sayin' . . . :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 2
  6. vaper1960

vaper1960 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Because you like unflavored, you have it made (but do this soon!) You can get plain VG and PG anytime, but there may be huge taxes on nicotine soon (I don't think anyone knows exactly what will happen) A liter of 100 mg nic will last a long time. Don't worry about freezing, best prices, just chooses one of the vendors recommended and get some ASAP. I wish I could (low funds right now) I only have about 250 ml but will get by somehow.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. The Hard Vapist

The Hard Vapist Full Member

May 27, 2020
    Thanks guys, and thanks ENAUD, much appreciated. Out of those products which would be the best for longevity and ease of use (I'm no chemist) and also quality?

Also, if I get liquid nicotine, is there a difference in shelf life between VG and PG? With the liquid nicotine I assume I'd just mix it with some pg and that's it. Would the liquid nicotine last 10 years in the freezer? Any benefit to the salts?

Thanks again for your help.

8. Stew1957

Stew1957 Senior Member

Aug 4, 2020
    South Africa
    I am keen on getting into DIY mixing for myself. What I found interesting following the links is if you don't know the products you don't know whether it is free base or nic Salts. Also I believe there are different Nic Salts - A, B, C and D and there is no mention of that either.
    "NicSalt is a range of premium nicotine salts for e-liquid manuifacturing. ... Chemnovatic manufactures three types of nic salts" and in an article I read each type has a specific intended end use with different characteristics.

9. Katya

Katya ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    I can't speak for Enaud, but I really like Nude Nicotine, CNT and Chemnovatic. They are considered to be the highest quality. But the others are perfectly fine, too, I'm sure--I just haven't tried them.
    It's been debated here forever--I don't think we have a clear winner. I buy blends of PG/VG. Works for me just fine.
    Um, no. If you order 100mg/ml nic and want to store it in the freezer for long-term storage, you'll probably have to rebottle it into glass bottles, preferably small (120ml is ideal) with polycone caps, learn how to do it safely, how to freeze and thaw and dilute it properly, and so on.
    Most likely--if handled and stored properly. May lose some potency due to oxidation, but not much. Please read this thread for more information.

Nic Base Storage: Freezer vs. Room Temp Experiment
    It's less irritating to the throat so one can vape at higher concentrations than freebase nic.

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. Katya

Katya ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    Both are in liquid form, diluted in PG or VG. Regular nic is also called freebase, as opposed to nicotine salts.

Also, pure nicotine (in your thread title) refers to 100% or 1000 mg/ml nicotine. It's only available to professionals in labs. It's a very dangerous substance and we are not even allowed to discuss it here. Nicotine base available to us comes in different concentrations, from 3mg/ml to 250mg/ml. No higher.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. ENAUD

I'm vaping nic that has been stored in a deep freezer for six years now, no change in color or flavor. It is 100mg/ml in a PG base. You will probably want to get some PG and some VG and figure out what ratio you prefer, I personally use 60%PG / 40%VG and don't use any flavoring. As to what vendor is best, there are huge threads about that in the DIY subforum.

DIY E-Liquid
    ^^ have a look here for a wealth of information, and good luck.

12. evan le'garde

evan le'garde Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 3, 2013
    AND WHERE MIGHT THAT BE ?.

13. AngeNZ

AngeNZ Lunatic ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    My guess is Australia.

It's already bad enough that Aussies can only purchase nicotine ejuices or unflavoured nicotine from international stores (for personal use). But from 1 January 2021, this will be banned, enforced by custom agents and includes a max fine of $220,000
    Australia’s ban on nicotine importation lifted…for now

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. Redbird11

Redbird11 Ultra Member

May 24, 2020
    Missouri, USA
    Ouch. That is rough. But New Zealand is pretty laid back about vaping at least.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. AngeNZ

AngeNZ Lunatic ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Yeah thank goodness. Our govt is following the UK guidelines of promoting vaping as a healthier alternative to smoking:
    Learn about vaping | Health Promotion Agency Smokefree

• Like Like x 2
  16. Territoo

Territoo Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    If you are looking for nicotine in 250mg/ml concentration, Liquid Nicotine Wholesalers has that.

• Like Like x 1
  17. sofarsogood

sofarsogood Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 12, 2014
    My DIY is 50/50 pg/vg. I get my nicotine diluted in PG. It's less viscus so easier to remix the liquid by shaking before using. I'm vaping 5 year old nic at the moment. Don't notice any deterioration stored in glass in the freezer.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Hawise

Hawise Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mar 25, 2013
    AB, Canada
    Coloured glass is often recommended as light can encourage nicotine breakdown. Blue and amber glass bottles are widely available. To be fair, it probably doesn't matter too much if it's in a nice, dark freezer you don't open very often, bur if you're looking at a lifetime supply it might be worth considering.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.