Status
Not open for further replies.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Is there stuff thats better ?

I think that's all a matter of opinion - what people may consider "better", and what they're basing that on. For some, better may mean it costs less, but is still really good in their opinion. Or, better may mean a supplier is closer to them, so it gets to them quicker, and the price is fair...so that makes something better to them.

What others may think is better, may not be to you. So, I'd think if you like the products you're getting from those places and the prices you're paying for it are OK to you...it's all good! :)

Stinkytofus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New York City
I think that's all a matter of opinion - what people may consider "better", and what they're basing that on. For some, better may mean it costs less, but is still really good in their opinion. Or, better may mean a supplier is closer to them, so it gets to them quicker, and the price is fair...so that makes something better to them.

What others may think is better, may not be to you. So, I'd think if you like the products you're getting from those places and the prices you're paying for it are OK to you...it's all good! :)
Yes, i know what ur saying, but when some people tried more brands, have a more sensitive palette, they have good opinions on whats better, like if i tried all the strawberries from every brand and i go "flavorwests strawberries taste the best of all the brands ive tried, inawera tastes too blah blah blah, this brand tastes is lacking, etc.... i just helped people pick fw strawberries over other brands and other people who didnt know to try strawberries will now go try it

Reactions: JCinFLA

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
im using essential depots vg pg last few years and vaporstek premium nic

Me thinks:
You may find better if you are unhappy with what you currently use or want to try something new.
Small samples might be a way to try out some other options.
I only use VT/Chemnov PG/VG and nicotine.
Cheers
I

Reactions: WillyZee

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@Stinkytofus - OK, then here's my opinion on the ones I use.

For nicotine base, I'd recommend all 3 of these and definitely buy them again for my own use:

Nude Nicotine
Wizard Labs
RTS Vapes

The only place I regularly get my gallon jugs of PG & VG from is Bulk Apothecary. So that's my recommendation. The Nature's Own brand they sell is always clear, has always been consistent in taste, and BA usually beats out most other places price-wise, even when including the S/H, too, from them in OH to me in FL. It's even better for me in total price than Essential Depot, which is here in FL, too.

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
im using essential depots vg pg last few years and vaporstek premium nic

I highly doubt you will find anything noticeably better than what you are using.

After doing extensive personal testing myself ... I use exactly what you have right now.

Happy New Year :party:

Reactions: Izan

Stinkytofus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New York City
I highly doubt you will find anything noticeably better than what you are using.

After doing extensive personal testing myself ... I use exactly what you have right now.

Happy New Year :party:
im thinking of trying CXCT nicotine, 120ml for 17.99, not a bad price for a tryout lol

Reactions: WillyZee

Stinkytofus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New York City
@Stinkytofus - OK, then here's my opinion on the ones I use.

For nicotine base, I'd recommend all 3 of these and definitely buy them again for my own use:

Nude Nicotine
Wizard Labs
RTS Vapes

The only place I regularly get my gallon jugs of PG & VG from is Bulk Apothecary. So that's my recommendation. The Nature's Own brand they sell is always clear, has always been consistent in taste, and BA usually beats out most other places price-wise, even when including the S/H, too, from them in OH to me in FL. It's even better for me in total price than Essential Depot, which is here in FL, too.
have you mixed juices with ED vs BA and compared?

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
have you mixed juices with ED vs BA and compared?

No, because I've always used BA's since I started DIY and a friend gave me some of his from there to get started with. My eliquids tasted great with them and I especially liked that their PG and VG are both 100% Pure. The VG is also USP Grade-Kosher. So when it was time to order my own in quantity...I just ordered from them. That was after also comparing prices, S/H cost, etc. with ED.

Vapntime

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
If you want the best and cleanest nicotine available it has to be NTN by Hiliq. It's synthetic and is in a different league to tobacco based nic. However, it cost a lot more but it is worth it to me I couldn't go back, and thats compared to Nude Nicotine my former supplier. There are some reviews on ecf, info etc.

Stinkytofus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New York City
If you want the best and cleanest nicotine available it has to be NTN by Hiliq. It's synthetic and is in a different league to tobacco based nic. However, it cost a lot more but it is worth it to me I couldn't go back, and thats compared to Nude Nicotine my former supplier. There are some reviews on ecf, info etc.
Synthetic doesnt sound too good lol

I saw a post about cxct nicotine last few days, they seem to be making one of the best nics out there

Vapntime

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
Synthetic doesnt sound too good lol

I saw a post about cxct nicotine last few days, they seem to be making one of the best nics out there

Synthetic nicotine has been considered safe for decades. It also does not contain any other alkaloids but nicotine itself and is being used in some eliquids already. Hiliq NTN is USP certified.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0014299907002464

Evidence for endogenous formation of tobacco-specific nitrosamines in rats treated with tobacco alkaloids and sodium nitrite. - PubMed - NCBI

Last edited:

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Reactions: Vapntime

mhertz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Denmark
No, because I've always used BA's since I started DIY and a friend gave me some of his from there to get started with. My eliquids tasted great with them and I especially liked that their PG and VG are both 100% Pure. The VG is also USP Grade-Kosher. So when it was time to order my own in quantity...I just ordered from them. That was after also comparing prices, S/H cost, etc. with ED.
Sorry for nitpicking, but BA's glycerin isn't 100% pure. I believe it's a good product with all the good testemonials here and on the site too.

BA's glycerin is from either soy or palm based on batch and from indonisia, and ED's is from palm from indonisia and lately added a US soy version too.

I've tried about 10 different USP/ph.eur glycerins unflavored from EU(sorry not BA or ED, as shipping is 200-300 bucks lol), and to me they are all similar and the difference is viscosity and sweetness-type. The sweetness can be either neutral like sirup or slightly more "flavorfull" like reminiscent of something darker and fuller, hard to explain. In flavored liquids I cannot tell a difference whatsoever.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Sorry for nitpicking, but BA's glycerin isn't 100% pure. I believe it's a good product with all the good testemonials here and on the site too.

You're not nitpicking with me, maybe them, but not me... 'cause I just wrote what's on their label - 100% Pure. As long as it vapes great, tastes great even on its own, consistency remains the same, and is reasonably priced...I'll continue to use it. :)

mhertz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Denmark
They then mean that it's "pure", meaning unadulterated glycerin, or that it's a natural non-chemical-derived product, but is imho a somewhat misleading statement. Glycerin's purity is defined by the amount of glycerol in the solution, and as per USP needs 99% min, but generally is over 99.5 and usually 99.7 or above. The highest purity i've seen is 99.9% from two manufacturers, musim mas(e.g. from nicotine river and liquidbarn) and kilo ltd from UK.

Thanks for sharing your opinion of a good cheap glycerin source btw :)

Last edited:
Reactions: IDJoel

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I'm more in line with JCinFla. I don't much care as long as I can get Essential Depot PG and VG. They are obviously buying in quantity from the big chemical companies and bottling it on site for resale to vapers and other end users. Their concern will be quality and cost. Hopefully, the former will be the deciding parameter.

Who actually manufacturers PG and VG?
Let's Talk VG/PG and Who Actually *Makes* It. • /r/DIY_eJuice

jambi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2014
SoCal
To me "better" simply equates to what's cheapest while remaining tasteless. I've tried all the major suppliers now, and honestly haven't found one, VG or PG that I'm dissatisfied with. The most I've noticed is tiny degrees of variance in sweetness of VG, but it doesn't show up in my finished product.

I go with the stuff Nicotine River sells, simply because they're very close to me and so it ends up being the cheapest (13.99/gal, 0 shipping). Even if it were a little more expensive, or I had to pay shipping, I'd probably stick with them strictly out of loyalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread