Best VG, PG & NIC online sales?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHolly

ECF Veteran
  • Apr 1, 2014
    Kennesaw, GA. USA
    Hello All, hoping to get advise/recommendations for the best DIY e-juice supplies? My last order (2018) was from Nude.
    My DIY juice flavor fades fast. Is this my flavorings used? It also turns dark in about two weeks, wondering if this normal?
    Lastly, I can’t find a good supplier to purchase VG, PG, nic salts, freebase nic & flavoring. Is there such a place?

Please share your favorite DIY online supplier?

Thanks in advance!

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    I can’t tell you what’s the best but I can tell you that I’m pretty happy with the flavor concentrates at Bull City.

For nicotine I go to Heartlands or Liquid Nicotine Wholesales. The last one also carries concentrates but BCF carries a wider selection the last time I checked. My Freedom Vapes also has decent nicotine.

These are a lot less expensive than NN but taste perfectly fine for me.

What flavorings are you using, how old are they and we’re do you keep them stored. Which flavors in particular? Lemon fades really fast sometimes strawberry. How fast is fast? Weeks, months?

Later this week all the Memorial Day Sales should be popping up for even a better price hopefully!!

DHolly

ECF Veteran
  • Apr 1, 2014
    Kennesaw, GA. USA
    I sure couldn’t find it under one roof, seems odd that they would only sell one type of NIC. Then sell PG & VG but not flavoring! Thanks for confirming my dilemma.
    Oh yes, of course Lemon is my FAV
    I keep flavoring in the cupboard, VG, PG, NIC’s in dark bottles in fridge.
    I’ll mix around 200+ML each time, 4-5 different recipes. Store in dark bottles in cupboard and fill up 30 mills as needs to carry.

Reactions: stols001

IDJoel

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    I sure couldn’t find it under one roof, seems odd that they would only sell one type of NIC. Then sell PG & VG but not flavoring! Thanks for confirming my dilemma.
    Nicotine River
    NR is a good "one stop shop" for all things DIY. They have a lot of satisfied shoppers here on ECF.

Heartland Vapes
    HV is another "one stop shop." There flavor concentrate selection is a bit more limited than NR. But, their nicotine prices are hard to beat. Small, family owned business, with great customer service.

Nicotine Giant
    NG is a third "one stop shop" option. Big (and sometimes different) flavor selection.

Ecigexpress
    ECX is a fourth "one stop shop" choice. Big flavor selection, and offers more nicotine concentration options than most. Another popular site.

If/when price shopping; I would suggest building an identical test cart in all four, and see how shipping cost compare (they have varied a bit; during my past shopping forays). Flavor concentrate selection is the most noticeable difference between the four.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Oh yes, of course Lemon is my FAV
    I keep flavoring in the cupboard, VG, PG, NIC’s in dark bottles in fridge.
    I’ll mix around 200+ML each time, 4-5 different recipes. Store in dark bottles in cupboard and fill up 30 mills as needs to carry.
    I placed an order with Wizard Labs and was able to combine my 1 gallon jug of VG + misc. flavors + nic and received free shipping ($50 min.).
    If you could defined your nic taste desires/wants, perhaps someone will be able to point you to a few promising sources. Might want to read first:
    Freebase vs. Salt Nicotine: What's the difference?
    Juices with Salts Thoughts?
    How to find the Best E Juice Nicotine Level&How Much Nicotine to Vape?
    Nicotine Strength Help
    Nicotine Strengths In Refill Liquid
    Storing Your Liquid Nicotine

ChelsB

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 12, 2016
    California
    I can’t believe I’ve never even heard of Nicotine Giant! Are they newish?
    Nicotine River
    NR is a good "one stop shop" for all things DIY. They have a lot of satisfied shoppers here on ECF.

Heartland Vapes
    HV is another "one stop shop." There flavor concentrate selection is a bit more limited than NR. But, their nicotine prices are hard to beat. Small, family owned business, with great customer service.

Nicotine Giant
    NG is a third "one stop shop" option. Big (and sometimes different) flavor selection.

Ecigexpress
    ECX is a fourth "one stop shop" choice. Big flavor selection, and offers more nicotine concentration options than most. Another popular site.

If/when price shopping; I would suggest building an identical test cart in all four, and see how shipping cost compare (they have varied a bit; during my past shopping forays). Flavor concentrate selection is the most noticeable difference between the four.

Reactions: IDJoel

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    Hello,
    Since where to purchase is basically the same as I would suggest, I won't re-state it. In this case, I wanted to ask about the flavorings you use that you say turn dark after a bit.

We expect some flavors to do just that, however, a fruit flavor will not.(May turn a little color but not what what you suggest.

Can you tell us the flavorings you use?

Thx

:)

IDJoel

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    I can’t believe I’ve never even heard of Nicotine Giant! Are they newish?
    Just the opposite; they are one of the early "regulars." They were first(?) known as RTS. Then, they ran in financial/legal(?) issues, and closed. A few months later, and Nicotine Giant opened, with all of RTS' customer data already loaded... and the company under the same ownership name.

I wasn't entirely thrilled with "how" they did it. But, I have been a customer of NG/RTS for more than 3 years now, and I haven't seen any abuse of personal information (other than the unsolicited porting), or inferior product.

They are not the first line of my shopping forays; but I do not refuse to do business with them either. They are also on the list of ECF authorized supplier and have a vendor thread here.

• Useful
    Reactions: Izan

DHolly

ECF Veteran
  • Apr 1, 2014
    Kennesaw, GA. USA
    Hello,
    Since where to purchase is basically the same as I would suggest, I won't re-state it. In this case, I wanted to ask about the flavorings you use that you say turn dark after a bit.

We expect some flavors to do just that, however, a fruit flavor will not.(May turn a little color but not what what you suggest.

Can you tell us the flavorings you use?

Thx

:)

My usuals are tobacco’s and fruit flavors. The fruit is all clear yet once mixed starts turning an orange after 3+ weeks. The older, the darker it gets.
    Fruits purchased all from Capella are Juicy Lemon, Italian Lemon Sicily, Mango & Sweet Mango are main flavors. I do add minimal amounts of Capella & FlavorArt butter flavor, Golden Biscuit, Graham Cracker...

DHolly

ECF Veteran
  • Apr 1, 2014
    Kennesaw, GA. USA
    My thoughts for the color change after learning more about DIY products, thanks BrotherBob, my Nic was old?
    As stated in OP, my Nic & VG were from 2018. Guessing it’s my southern mentality, similar to fixin dinner:) it’s better to have too much then not enough.
    Going forward, I’ll order less to keep it fresher. Limiting orders to what I use in about 3 months.
    Does that sound reasonable?

IDJoel

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    My thoughts for the color change after learning more about DIY products, thanks BrotherBob, my Nic was old?
    As stated in OP, my Nic & VG were from 2018. Guessing it’s my southern mentality, similar to fixin dinner:) it’s better to have too much then not enough.
    Going forward, I’ll order less to keep it fresher. Limiting orders to what I use in about 3 months.
    Does that sound reasonable?
    Lots of things can effect color change. The tobacco (synthetic/artificial) flavored e-liquids I DIY (at 2-4% total flavoring) can significantly darken (over a period of 3-4 weeks) compared to my unflavored mix. Both are mixed using exactly the same nicotine (from the same bottle) at the same strength (18mg/mL), with the same PG/VG ratio.

I don't know all the things that cause/influence color change; so I am not going to try and B.S. anyone into thinking otherwise. All I can say is, both (flavored/unflavored; dark/light) vape fine, and I (personally) do not worry about it.

If you start getting "off" or "unpleasant" taste... then, I would start looking at possible changes. "Colder" is always "better," for nic storage, especially living in warmer climates (like Georgia). Minimizing air/oxygen exposure is also beneficial (excess airspace in the concentrate bottle is a routine culprit).

But, the bottom line, even oxidized nic is not any more "harmful" than fresh... at least that my reading has suggested. The worst case is a less pleasing/satisfying vape. If it becomes unacceptable to you; dump it, and buy more. Otherwise, vape away, and don't worry about it.

Buying smaller, more frequent amounts, will certainly help to provide freshness. If you are looking to stockpiling (long-term storage); then freezers will always be your friend.

Shadav

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    thehelpline.info

IDJoel

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    not sure about best but best price would be to get pg/vg from Bulk Apothecary
    10lbs roughly equals one gallon
    10lb. ≈ 1 gallon for the glycerin.
    8lb. ≈ 1gallon for the PG.

And, I agree, subscribe to their mailing list for discount notifications. They haven't bombarded my inbox with a bunch of spam, or useless adds.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread