Best VV device At the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

captiancd89

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2009
Boston, MA
Hello everyone, Ive had to take a break from vaping due to financial troubles but now im hoping to make a leap back into it. Ive owned many provaris over the years and have always loved them. Is there any new VV devices on the market that I should know about? Sorry I havent dont a whole bunch of research, getting over surgerys and such I dont have much energy to do so

Thanks for looking!

Regards

Peter

Kopfstimmen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2012
My first urge this morning (I'm in Europe, so for me it was morning) was to make a smart aleck remark about buying a Provari. If you still own the ones you have, use them.
If not, buy a Provari. (Sorry, couldn't resist that.) :)
Seriously, if you have to buy a new one and don't have much money, I would personally try out the KGO VV for starters. I don't have one, but I'm very happy with my "normal" KGOs - even more so than the eGo twist, which I do have. It's not bad, but I don't like the button, which to me justifies using the KGOs before the twist. If you don't like the smaller form factor of the eGo/KGO, then someone else will have to help. I'll give you a bump, though. Good luck!
*edit* PS. Hope you're feeling better.

V00D00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
Massachusetts
The Joyetech eVic might be the way to go. Its a nice, lightweight aluminum body and it functions as a VV mod as well as VW. What's really great about the device however is that it runs off of firmware that can be updated through your computer, allowing the device's functions to be updated over time, that way you do not have to buy a new device when new features come out. Also if it interests you, you can track your vaping habits over time to experiment with certain aspects of your hardware like battery life, how many puffs you take compared to how much juice has been used etc.

el lobo furtivo

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2009
Akron, OH
I'll second the Vamo. I have the V2 stainless version and picked it up for $46 shipped. I've had it a month or so and I'm very impressed. I even dropped mine from about 4 feet and not a scratch on it (my hardwood floor is a different story). I do have some concern with the buttons feeling a little loose and I'm wondering if they won't fail at some point. Time will tell. If you're on a budget, you can't go wrong. That said, if you can afford it, I would go back to the Provari. I've never had one but I'm about 30 seconds away from pulling the trigger on a mini. I have yet to read a substantiated bad review on them.

frosting

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2011
Connecticut
The best VV device will be bias what someone already owns or wants.

Pretty much. Yah. I plan on picking up a gripper at some time in the future. They do seem pretty cheap. I love my vamo2 to bits and pieces but my vivi nova refuses to operate on it so I need a backup for the vivi. I love the way a Vivi hits far more than cartomizers.

Or I may scope the classifieds for one. Whatever comes when I have the money to do so.

frosting

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2011
Connecticut
Yup, The Provari costs about the same as 3 cartons of cigarettes (what a PAD smoker goes through in a month) .......... very expensive.

When I was sizing up provari it was coming close to 300$ with extender cap which is really non negotiable for some people, extra warranty, batteries. If it's someone's first time taking that next step, it's a little more than 3 cartons of ciggies. Just sayin :)

Absintheur

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
north central Indiana
When I was sizing up provari it was coming close to 300$ with extender cap which is really non negotiable for some people, extra warranty, batteries. If it's someone's first time taking that next step, it's a little more than 3 cartons of ciggies. Just sayin :)

Depends where you live, New York is over $10 a pack now for example.

If you don't have your old equipment and are wanting a quick restart I would buy a couple eGo Twists and a couple EVODs

Kanger eGo 2.4ml EVOD MT BCC Cartomizer- New Colors
Joye eGo-C Twist Variable Voltage 650mAh battery

to get you started back on the path and to use while you start going through reviews from Busardo, GrimmGreen, and others. There are tons of choices today. I do own a ProVari but more often than not I use a BAM with an Evolv Kick which makes it variable wattage. A 26500 battery lasts a long time...lol. The Bombshell Stinger uses a 26650 battery and a Kick, lasts even longer. Mechanical devices are surging back, especially those that can take a Kick and customs with the Evolv DNA 20 chip are popping up now.

Just get started with a couple batteries and start looking...I am sure you will find something you like. Look for Vape Meets in your area, great way to see the new devices hands on or look for a local shop.

Electric Cigarette | Eliquid | Supplies | Electronic Cigarette | Ejuice | Vapor Search USA
VapeMeetUp.com

NancyR

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Washington State
Yup, The Provari costs about the same as 3 cartons of cigarettes (what a PAD smoker goes through in a month) .......... very expensive.

Depends where you live, New York is over $10 a pack now for example.

Very much agree with Absintheur on it depends on where you live, where I am in MO I can get a carton of cheapies for $22.50 and a carton of name brand for less than $40. So would take a lot more than 3 cartons to equal out to the cost of a provari.

But as far as the OP's question, it will depend on what you want. If you like the ego style there is the twists and the spinners. Box mod wise there is the Reo Grand VV or the MVP. Then there is the Vamo, Tesla, and the eVic as the new kids on the block.

With the exception of the Reo the rest are made in china. The MVP has a built in battery like the ego's but a lot bigger, it can also be used as a charger while you are out for your cell and such. The people I know with the MVP seem to love it.

The Vamo seems like a nice cheap vv/vw, so long as you make sure it is the updated one. It has the advantage of you can switch it from 18650 mode to 18350 mode depending on what you want.

The Tesla is a well made vv/vw it costs more than the Vamo but less then the eVic, it is big tho and some don't want something that big, also some dislike the design, taste is after all subjective.

The eVic seems either people love it or hate it, it has firmware which will be updated from time to time, the head can be used on the 18650 ego, and I understand there is also an 18350 tube for it.

All of these have different amp limits and max vv/vw, they are all a bit cheaper than a provari.

There may be others I am currently overlooking, but those are major ones I know of, and welcome back to vaping.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The original poster's title is best vv device at the moment. That would be the Provari hands down. I'm not talking about something that has variable wattage or a bunch of unnessary bells and whistles. The best made, most durable, most consistant, most accurate, most dependable variable voltage PV is the Provari. There is no argument.

Yes, it is in the higher end of the price scale, but not out of reach of most individuals. Most people spent the cost of a basic Provari on cigarettes every month without even thinking about it. If people would read the original poster's comments, he has already owned several Provari's, so he likely already has a charger and batteries. Maybe still has the Provari's too, he didn't say. He seemed to only inquiring about getting an update on the current status quo of variable voltage devices. And it hasn't changed in the last two years. It's still Provari on top.

Provari, basic model: $160, barely blemished ones can often be found for cheaper in the clearance section for $150 with the same warranty.

Extension cap: $20 - desirable, but not a necessity.

Optional additional 1 year warranty: $25 - again, desirable but not a necessity considering how durable and dependable the Provari is, and the fact that Provape will continue to service the Provari long after the warranty has finished. People buy the Chinese devices without even thinking about the lack of a long term warranty. And when that warranty is completed, you'll be out of luck finding someone to repair it.

Batteries: $22 for two AW imr 18650 batteries. If you have other mods, you may already have these batteries.

Charger: $20 for an Xtar WP2 II charger. If you have other mods, you already have a charger.

The above totals less than $250.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread