The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Best VV/VW device for the buck

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by Baums, Mar 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Baums

Baums Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 6, 2013
    NY
    Was considering stepping to a VV or VW device. Was just looking at the ego twists but thought if I'm spending that much, should I just get something better. Not sure I want to step to the price of a provari, but wanted your opinions on the best bang for the buck. So PLEASE, suggest away. If you know the price let me know. Thanks all. I know I can always count on this awesome community.

2. volume control

volume control Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 2, 2012
    Mass
    A vamo at vaporbreak.com if you sign up with a new account is like 30 i think. I know the shipping can take a bit from them, but they are legit

3. GetVaked

GetVaked Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 26, 2011
    Wisconsin
    Vamo.

Around the 50$ price range. Although a Provari would pay for itself long term.

4. KY_Rob

KY_Rob Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 23, 2013
    Kentucky
    Personally, I have a real preference for the Vapor4Life Dial-A-Volt products. 1300mah XL's.

The KR808D-1 connection isn't nearly as popular as the 510, but the hardware I get from V4L is quality stuff. Reasonable prices. Very elegant in use and style, with a full one-year warranty. Customer Service and forum support is superb!

Whether that makes me a "fanboy" or not is up to everyone else.

I've had some exposure to vision spinners and joyetech twists (which are similar), and I don't need anything special to fill the tank, plinth rings to hide the posts, and my charger is a simple one piece design with over-charging protection.

Hope this helps!

5. barbee865

barbee865 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Knoxville, TN
    The VAMO was my first VW device and i love it. For around $50 it's a really great device. Sure, a Provari would be better, but personally i don't see a need. If you get the VAMO and hate it you're out $50.

6. Baums

Feb 6, 2013
    NY
    Cool thanks for the suggestions. I'll take a look.

7. Chef Vper

Chef Vper Full Member Verified Member

Mar 14, 2013
    Memphis, Tn
    I think saving up for a provari would be better but if you just cant wait i know some people like the mvp for a box mod style its about 65 but with internal battery but would say save your pennies and dont be disappointed

8. Absintheur

Absintheur Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 7, 2012
    north central Indiana
    A BAM blemish is a great deal, can be done for under $140 with a Kick. The Billet Box if you want to wait, a ProVari Blem will save you 20 bucks on a ProVari.

9. rotku

rotku Super Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 4, 2012
    columbus, oh
    VAMO all the way, but I have started saving for the Provari...

10. blazerbuck

blazerbuck Full Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Avon,IN
    I ordered a Vamo for under $45 (including shipping) yesterday from Exhale vapors and they sent the order same day. Its coming from Texas I believe. Should be here in a day or two. This is my first VV/VW PV, good price and great reviews, all for the price of a carton of cigs.

11. volume control

Nov 2, 2012
    Mass
    I want a Provari mini but im hoping they come out with a VW model before I buy. The Vamo is working out great though. Im trying to spend less on vaping than I would on smoking, and its easy to get carried away.

12. quatro

quatro Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 31, 2013
    TX
    VW is the way to go, IMO. VV is just a rheostat, VW has brains :2cool:

13. Baums

Feb 6, 2013
    NY
    Could you explain this a bit further if you would. I am learning here and am intrigued by this.

14. volume control

Nov 2, 2012
    Mass

If you use wattage you can swap heads and the unit will adjust the voltage for you. No need to fiddle around

15. Baums

Feb 6, 2013
    NY
    OK did some research on the Vamo. Quick question for those of you that suggested it. Does the 18650 battery really shake and rattle THAT MUCH?? So noisy and cheap sounding.

16. Baums

Feb 6, 2013
    NY
    Oh awesome! OK so then that begs me to ask, how do you know what wattage to use? I have seen the volt to ohm chart but never a wattage one.

17. Tintreach

Tintreach Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I can't say if the 18650's rattle on the Vamo V2. I do not have any rattle with one or 2 18350's. I get about 2 days out of the 18350's running stacked.

So far I am happy with the Vamo SS. Might get an iTaste SVD down the road.

18. jbmcdan

jbmcdan Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 24, 2011
    TX
    i haven't had problems with the vamo's batteries rattling...feel it once in a while but it's not that big a deal to me. i've got other more "high end" vv and vw devices, but keep the vamo at 7.5 for almost everything and it's good...

19. ImThatGuy

ImThatGuy Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 1, 2012
    California
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9dkanCt0I1qc8949o2_1280.png

The numbers on the sides are volts and ohms, then numbers inside the chart are the wattage. Stay in the green area...

20. Unforeseen

Unforeseen Admin
    Commercial/Suppliers Asst. Manager
    Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Moved to Variable Voltage APV Discussion

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.