Best way i have found to lower nicotine levels

Status
Not open for further replies.

gchirki

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2013
Marietta, Ga, USA
Hello everyone. I have been vaping exclusively for almost 2 years. vaping has gotten me off my old 2 pack-a-day habit and i have become a full blown hobbyist. Initially i tried, over the course of a year, to lower my nicotine intake using ego batteries and stardust/ce4 clearomizers. Once i got down to 12mg the vapor wasn't satisfying anymore. The bite was gone and i found myself sucking on the clearomizer like a passifier all day long. At the time I hadn't tried mods, variable voltage vaping, rebuildables or dual coils and honestly at that point in my vaping experience all the advanced stuff seemed to be a lot of hassle because i hadn't experienced the difference in vape quality that those things offered.

Over the past year I have become a serious vape-hobbyist. Experimenting with genesis style atomizers, rebuildable dripping atomizers, you name it. I have begun to rebuild all my own coils in all my "on the go" tanks like kanger protanks and vivi novas and obtained a few different regulated VV/VW mods and mechanical mods. My hope with this post is to shed some light for any newer vapers who feel the same as i did about rebuildables and mods and to give some personal experience to any of those vapors out there who feel that lowering their nicotine concentration isn't satisfying enough.

As i said previously, lowering my nicotine concentration has always been one of my goals with vaping. While i feel that if i were to continue vaping 18mg liquids, It would be leaps and bounds better than smoking analog cigarettes; lowering my nicotine to 6mg or 0mg would be fantastic and i would still get the pleasure of "having something to smoke". With the 3.7/3.3volt ego batteries and cigg-alike batteries this was never going to happen. No matter how much i raised the amount of menthol (I was putting rediculous amounts of menthol in my 8mg and 12mg liquid) i never felt satisfied.

This is where sub-ohm vaping was a God-send for me. I can't stress enough IF YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO DO THIS SAFELY, DO NOT. I read thread after thread after thread and watched countless youtube videos before I attempted sub-ohm vaping and if done safely, can be very satisfying at low nicotine levels. There are endless amounts of information on this subject. If you are considering it or curious, please please please read up on it before trying it. I am currently using a .6ohm coil with 8mg nicotine liquid and it really satisfies my cravings. I have every expectation of lowering my nicotine level further (every 6 months i lower it by 2mg. Baby steps :). I have even found that i do not need to add menthol for that throat hit because the vapor is so warm and i have also been able to go to 100%VG liquid which has always been one of my goals. For me, today, the best vape out there is sub-ohm coils with 100% VG liquid.

I hope this helps in some way or at least entertains some of your curiosity
Happy vaping and God bless

happydave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2013
United States
more vapor = more nicotine, per hit. i have been doing the same thing. when i was using clearos i was using around 2.0 mL of 12 MG fluid per day. since i have gone to mostly dripping im using 3.5 Ml per day at 2.5 MG per mL. i find that if i get just a bit of nicotine into my body quickly enough it will kill the craving in a hurry and thus i use less nicotine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread