Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I am looking for some ideas on ways to clean out silicone squonk bottles. I will normally just boil them for a few minutes, and that works well as long as I didn't put too powerful of a flavor in it. For more stubborn flavors I will boil for a few minutes, then fill it with baking soda and let it set for a day or two then boil it again. This method works well, but I just wanted to see if there is any faster or more effective ways that some of you may have came across.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio

Wiamiere

Dec 4, 2017
All seems like too much effort to me. Just rinse out with water and if the flavour hangs around - replace the tube. Tubing is really cheap. It’s not far off replacing a coil cost wise.

Modmaker in the UK sell two different rolls of silicone tubing., one being thicker than the other but both have the same ID.

• Useful
Reactions: Heartsdelight

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Does anyone know how to get rid of the stains? I couldn't care less about the smell of the previous juice, its the badly stained bottles that bother me. Most of the bottles i use now are black so i can't see staining but i still have quite a few proprietary bottles i just cant get clean/back to normal colour.

A friend of mine uses hydrogen peroxide (the 3% concentration kind that is used for cuts and first aid). He fills the bottle with it, lets it stand overnight, then rinses it out several times. He says it works well to get out the stains.

I’ve never tried it myself – I just use warm water to clean out the juice remnants and ignore the stains.

• Useful
Reactions: Heartsdelight

Cirus

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2014
Texas
Unflavored only in REO bottles.
Hate to raise an old thread from the dead but my question doesn't justify a new thread. Just got my first squonk mod, was washing the bottle that it came with, and noticed its new smell. I Googled and found this thread. Read the above.

What is a REO bottle? I Googled that but didn't find anything I thought answered my question. I only vape unflavored juice.

Thanks!

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Hate to raise an old thread from the dead but my question doesn't justify a new thread. Just got my first squonk mod, was washing the bottle that it came with, and noticed its new smell. Googled and found this thread. Read the above.

What is an REO bottle? Google that but didn't find anything I thought answered my question.

Thanks!
Reo is a brand. They made squonk mods before squonking was popular. They are one of the original squonk mod makers. A Reo bottle is the squonk bottle that came with the Reo mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread