Best way to fill those new Jumbo Resurrectors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zooker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2012
Washington State
I received my 3 pack bundle of these from CCV today, woo-boy those things are huge! I don't have a syringe, they don't come with a condom, my other condoms are too small so I can't fill them that way, do I just drip (and drip and drip) till they're full? It never occurred to me how I might be filling them when I ordered them, lol

Zooker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2012
Washington State
Okydoky, maybe I'm the guinea pig on these? I got about 50 drops into it, maybe a couple extra once I let it sit for a bit, and added a couple more for good measure. Not too sure I'm diggin' the rubbery drip tip though, none of my 510 drip tips fit, it's an 808 I think? CCV included one black delrin tip, but I don't like that either, lol

aubergine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2010
MD
I'm weighing in late with this, but my 2 cents:
Syringes skeeve me out, too. But you should be able to get close to 80 drops in those. I'm a Taryn spin devotee - start with 15-20 drops, spin, add another 15-20, spin, and again, and then just drip once more until it seems that you're pushing it ridiculously, and spin again. So long as the fill is fairly white after the spin, keep going. Whole deal takes about 3 minutes tops. Blow it out gently afterward. It sounds time consuming but honestly I can load a carto very quickly, and don't have to fill again for a long time. Spinning really packs the juice and distributes it well.
I'm also absolutely devoted to Leaford's Lanyard, available still I think, at Vapor4Life, for spinning. Other lanyards are too big and the carto drives into the pocket. L's L is a nice, snug fit. And you can just leave it in when you drip. Things like socks and tiny rubber nooses on strings truly do not cut it IMHO. Some folks have gotten very inventive (see Taryn spin videos on youtube) but really, they all make it look very tedious and slow and complex. It isn't. Having spun probably 10,000 times, I should make a video...
Oh, be sure to leave the condom on the batt end of the cartridge or you'll just drip forever while the lanyard slowly fills with juice...

Only drawback: you will look completely ridiculous doing this. :)

Last edited:

Zooker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2012
Washington State
LOLOL! I look ridiculous doing a lot of things, so I'm game to try it! I've been using my Stardusts for a couple of weeks, I think I need to fill up a Jumbo and using the spin and try one out on my new Provari that I've been playing with. Oh, since I'd forgotten about this thread, and just re-read again, wanted to mention that I found a way to make my 510 drip tips fit on the Jumbos. I came across a youtube video--the guy clipped off about the top 2/3 of a carto condom, and slipped the "tube" over his 510 drip tip and popped it right into the end of the Jumbo. I actually slipped it into the Jumbo first, then stuck my drip tip inside of both. Works great...glad I saved all those carto condoms!

Anyhoo, I'm off to stuff 80 drops of sumthin' yummy into one of those Jumbos, thanks!

moishesmom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2012
west bloomfield
I received my 3 pack bundle of these from CCV today, woo-boy those things are huge! I don't have a syringe, they don't come with a condom, my other condoms are too small so I can't fill them that way, do I just drip (and drip and drip) till they're full? It never occurred to me how I might be filling them when I ordered them, lol

Hi Zooker...I ordered a box of these last week & just fell in love w/them - wound up ordering a bundle of 3, 2 days later. I was wondering if you like them. I had inquired a few week back if anyone knew anything about them & got 0 replies so I just took a chance & really glad I did. Just wondering.....

Zooker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2012
Washington State
I love them, and man they do hold a ton of juice! I like going on a carto for a good portion of the day without having to top it off. I realllllly dislike those rubber drip tips though! I can taste them, and they then mask the flavor of my juice and make it taste like rubber. I liked the delrin tip they included with my order, but I am even happier now that I found a way to use my regular 510 drip tips on them! Glad you took a chance on them! How are you filling yours? I missed when you posted about them or I would have piped up--I haven't noticed that anyone else has said anything about them. The bundle is the way to go for sure, great deal!

moishesmom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2012
west bloomfield
I love them, and man they do hold a ton of juice! I like going on a carto for a good portion of the day without having to top it off. I realllllly dislike those rubber drip tips though! I can taste them, and they then mask the flavor of my juice and make it taste like rubber. I liked the delrin tip they included with my order, but I am even happier now that I found a way to use my regular 510 drip tips on them! Glad you took a chance on them! How are you filling yours? I missed when you posted about them or I would have piped up--I haven't noticed that anyone else has said anything about them. The bundle is the way to go for sure, great deal!

Hi Zooker - Thanks for the reply. Yup....These things are great & just love how much they hold. I was also put off w/the rubber taste of the tip w/my first drag but found that the taste subsided in a very short time; besides the fact that I didn't have another tip that fit - I have the delrin tip now but the rubber ones seem okay too. Problem w/the rubber ones is that they're very easy to loose; not good if you're out & that's all you have on you.

I just fill them from the top...fill & wait method-then fill & wait some more. I top them off many, many times thru the day as these things are always in my face. I haven't had one burn on me yet & I've even cleaned the 1st one, it's basically like new. I find myself putting away all the tanks, attys, etc., saving those for emergency - I like these too much!

Question for you - since I'm pretty new to the carto scene (ego c & t for 10 months) how many should you order at one time?
I've seen people state that they order 50 boxes of cartos at a time - seems a little steep to me but what do I know. Do they run out of stock...should I get another order in?

Anyways...thanks again for the reply & don't worry about not seeing my original 'plea for help' question - we both know by now that if you get 10 answers - each one is going to be different. I'm just really glad I found these & that you like them too!

Zooker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2012
Washington State
Well, I am pretty new to vaping, only been at it around 2 months, but man-oh-man I sure have bought alot of stuff, must be some obsessive/compulsive thing goin on there with me--I am of the mind that it's better to stock up, so I have a nice little stash of different cartos, just because I don't want to run short.

I think that CCV's bundle deals on the cartos is a great price, so when I order from them, I always get a bundle--that way if I lose one, or happend to burn one or have a dead one, then I'm not without some backups. I ordered the Jumbos's in a bundle without even knowing if I'd like them, also I suspected that I would really like them, and I do, lol. And they do last a very long time, like you said, so 15 of them should last me a good long time.

I don't worry too much about CCV running out of stock, even if they do, it's not a long wait before they re-stock, but it's good to have some on backup, so if you can afford to get extra with your next order, that's what I would do. I got in on a carto-CO-OP in May, and ordered 10 boxes of cartos, just because the price was so low with so many people buying them. All of those cartos will go directly into my "stock pile" as I'm about to be out of work for the summer, and wanted to make sure my vaping supplies would last til I get back to work in September.

man I just can't get past the rubber taste of those Jumbo drip tips! LOL so I will keep on clipping the little carto condoms to fit on the bottom of my 510 drip tips so that I can use those.

moishesmom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2012
west bloomfield
Zooker - I just calculated that it cost $1.77 ea. buying them in the bundle from CCV inc. shipping. If I could be so bough to ask - how much did it run buying thru the co-op. I don't know how I'd feel laying out all that cash unless it was reallly worth it.

I know what you mean about running thru the funds now. I was doing RYO for about 11 yrs. & the last few was using pipe tobacco (bought it by the lb.) since they raised the taxes sky-high on the cig-bacco. My expenses were zilch - this is killing me. I just keep telling myself 'what good is money if you don't have your health'. I keep repeating that everytime I place another order & another order - it's working so far. BTW...what are you using yours on?

moishesmom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2012
west bloomfield
I use these and I use tall condoms that come with other cartos to fill. Usually fill the condom twice to feed it then a few drops to top it off...

Hi NGIB - Glad to see another person that appreciates these. As I posted earlier, I couldn't get a single sole to give me their opinion. I'm thrilled with them & basically put all my other goodies away. I could try your method if you think it's a better way even tho I haven't had a burn or dry just doing the old drop & wait. How long do you wait before you fire up? Also, do you get yours from CCV & do you know if these are Smoketech? The box mine came in says 'Smoketech' yet they're not advertised as such....just curious......

Zooker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2012
Washington State
Zooker - I just calculated that it cost $1.77 ea. buying them in the bundle from CCV inc. shipping. If I could be so bough to ask - how much did it run buying thru the co-op. I don't know how I'd feel laying out all that cash unless it was reallly worth it.

I know what you mean about running thru the funds now. I was doing RYO for about 11 yrs. & the last few was using pipe tobacco (bought it by the lb.) since they raised the taxes sky-high on the cig-bacco. My expenses were zilch - this is killing me. I just keep telling myself 'what good is money if you don't have your health'. I keep repeating that everytime I place another order & another order - it's working so far. BTW...what are you using yours on?

Oops, just to clarify, I left out the part on the carto's from the CO-OP; I bought XXL standard resistance cartos's from the group-buy, not the Jumbo's! I got 10 boxes (5 Boge carto's per box) for $4.30 per box, and the shipping was right around $5 if I remember correctly....it took a little longer to buy them this way, since the organizer had to wait for 500 carto's to be ordered from people before actually placing the order with the supplier. The cheaper price is because he was buying such a big number of them at one time directly from the supplier. The CO-OP started May 6, and the cartos will just finally be arriving at my house this week. Worth the wait though, for sure.

I use the Jumbo's on my Ego Twist batteries, used them on my LavaTube until it was recalled last week, and now today I just popped one on my new ProVari.

My initial expense was high, mostly due to the fact that I kept buying mods, lol--but now I have a healthy supply of those so I don't see myself goin' all mod-crazy anymore, if something super cool comes out that I don't have anything like it, then maybe I might order one, but for now I have a good assortment of large, medium and small mods.

I've recently been dabbling in DIY-Juice, so I haven't bought juice since my first month of vaping, and that helps with saving a bit of money. Then with the cartos, as long as I keep them wet and re-use them after cleaning at least once, I don't feel like I'm wasting any money there, it certainly is cheaper than smoking was.

Cheers to good health, you're doing the right thing!

moishesmom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2012
west bloomfield
Zooker - Great price if you can afford the wait. Unfortunately, I have to have everything yesterday...not a good way to be. You've really caused some heavy duty damage to your wallet so it sounds like you're set.

I've got my jumbo on either the twist 1000 or my reg. ego 1000's. I'm seriously thinking about buying a KGO - seems like so many of the folks on this forum just keep raving about them. My 1st twist died in 2 days & as much as I like the replacement, it seems that the battery just doesn't hold a charge as long as I think it should. I don't run it over 4. usually at about 3.8 - I'm wondering if the Jumbos' being at 1.7 - 2. are draining it faster then I'm used to.

moishesmom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2012
west bloomfield
Forgot to mention that I started doing DIY ages ago. I'm into heavy duty menthol. Actually I like my own better then most of the ones I bought. Picked up 1 gallon sizes of vg & pg so I'm pretty set on that. I am addicted however to a juice from Volcano of all places but I'm able to stretch it out by adding my own concoction....saving here so I can spend there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread