The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Travel and Vaping Best way to fly with mods/juice/etc

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by JenJen101, Apr 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. JenJen101

JenJen101 Full Member

May 8, 2013
    Puyallup, WA
    Hi I'm leaving the states for a badly needed vacation in Mexico in 2 weeks, & was wondering the best way to pack up all my vaping supplies. Last time I flew, if memory serves me correctly, my husband had a huge problem with his juice, that was in the plastic bottles, leaking in his carry on bag. He stored his juice with one of his mods & well...I'm sure you already know he was mopping up juice out of his bag pretty much until the week after we got home!
    I have 2 mods that have internal batteries, & 1 that I know I'll remove the batteries & place in the case. Last flight I hit mine multiple times under my jacket & in the restroom, but I can't remember if I filled my tank while on the plane or prior. Should I only put my juice in my checked bag, or in my carry on? Or maybe just a smaller bottle on the plane & all the rest in my checked bag? All my bottles are 30ml so I know the amount of liquid is fine for going through security. If I get to my resort & all my supplies are ruined, I'll be one extremely volatile American tourist while in Mexico. Thanks!

2. ShowerHead

ShowerHead Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 23, 2014
    Massachusetts
    I have a few 60ml amber glass boston bottles with the polycone cap.
    I mix what I'm going to need, and put it into those bottles. I put a couple of paper towels into a baggie then put the 60mls in. Never had a bottle leak, but easier to have the baggie self mop if it happens.
    I take a few of the normal plastic dispenser bottle and a small plastic funnel. When I get to my destination, I just fill the 30ml squeeze bottles and proceed as normal.

With the exception of my OBS Engine, I have never had luck with any tank while flying.
    I just don't fill much when I'm heading to the airport, then dump the tank and put it into a baggie with a paper towel. I use the little nicorette mint things while flying. I just have to remember not to swallow them...

Recently, I haven't had the opportunity to vape, stealth or otherwise, on a plane. Completely full flights for me the past year or so. If I have a long layover, I hit the bathroom stalls for a nice vape. I can't stand the smoking lounges anymore. Nasty...

Heaven help me! That sounded like a non-smoker!

3. IONbonsai

IONbonsai Full Member

Apr 25, 2017
    I just had all my juice taken from me on US customs, they thought it was narcotics. Just have everything labeled and make sure you have your batteries in cases and on carry-on

4. IONbonsai

IONbonsai Full Member

Apr 25, 2017
    Oh I also brought a little piece of junk vape so I could use it in the bathroom without any smoke coming out

5. Sinsa

Sinsa Full Member

Feb 18, 2017
    Chicago
    I separate everything (Atomizers, mods, batteries, juice) and wrap everything up in paper towels and ziploc bags.

6. BlueMoods

BlueMoods Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2010
    USA - Arkansas
    Zip bag it all, carry it on, empty tanks or, have only enough that they won't leak if you have leak prone tanks. Otherwise, no more than 1/3 full, high altitude means lower air pressure, even in the cabin, though not as bad as in checked baggage. That means liquids expand a bit, so full tanks on the ground are overfull in the air.

I take my juice in the original bottles it came it - Yes I DIY at home but,m for travel, I buy juice that is in properly labeled, child resistant bottles. That avoids misunderstandings and, possible confiscation by customs. I want the mg of nicotine and the full ingredients list on a printed, not handwritten, label. FFDA and Souther Tradition have the best labeling in my area. I usually get those for air travel. Good flavors, pg/vg blend I like, quality juice in proper travel bottles.

7. WillyZee

WillyZee Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 23, 2013
    Toronto
    mexico? ... don't bring anything you are not prepared to lose.

basically, don't bring your best, favourite or hard to replace gear.

• Like Like x 2
  8. NotSoMini

NotSoMini Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 13, 2014
    What airport? I have never had this experience.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.