Best way to prime a Joyetech Cubis Pro coil ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
In my experience, the best thing to use on a cubis coil, is a sledgehammer followed by a steamroller followed by a meat grinder followed by fire followed by Burial. But, I might be biased...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Terry Koontz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2017
In my experience, the best thing to use on a cubis coil, is a sledgehammer followed by a steamroller followed by a meat grinder followed by fire followed by Burial. But, I might be biased...

To each his own.
And that’s not a helpful answer.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Well, darnit.

Honestly, the best way I found was to drop about three drops in the top, and then let it marinate for about 5 minutes. Before each pull... especially after a fill or an extended sit on the shelf... I invert the tank and shake any excessnout of the coil.

Terry Koontz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2017
Well, darnit.

Honestly, the best way I found was to drop about three drops in the top, and then let it marinate for about 5 minutes. Before each pull... especially after a fill or an extended sit on the shelf... I invert the tank and shake any excessnout of the coil.

I’ll have to add the upside down shake.
I don’t do that.
Thanks.

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
I put 3-4 drops down the center of the coil and a drop or two on the bottom holes. When filling, I start screwing the top back on and then turn it upside down to finish (keeps the air pressure from pushing more liquid into the coil). Still have to roll up a piece of paper towel and push down the air hole to sop up excess on most refills.

The cubis usually works well once you get it going and not gurgling. It's just frustrating getting there.

Terry Koontz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2017
I put 3-4 drops down the center of the coil and a drop or two on the bottom holes. When filling, I start screwing the top back on and then turn it upside down to finish (keeps the air pressure from pushing more liquid into the coil). Still have to roll up a piece of paper towel and push down the air hole to sop up excess on most refills.

The cubis usually works well once you get it going and not gurgling. It's just frustrating getting there.
Oh yeh, it’s frustrating!

Reactions: stols001

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I usually do this-
    -prime the devil out of it
    -let it sit. I usually have one sitting in a prime cup days ahead of time.
    -blow it out
    - if it gurgles I open the air, crank it up some, hold away from face at first while firing.

Some tanks like the nautilus clear the gurgling well when vaping upside down with the mod tilted up.

assembly tricks like Grimwald posted help. We've had assembly vacuum pressure problems since the first carto tanks.

Terry Koontz

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 5, 2017

My Cubis Pro coil is a bottom feed.
    Is the upside down firing ok for bf ?

Grimwald

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 12, 2012
    Lawrence KS
    You can tak
    My Cubis Pro coil is a bottom feed.
    Is the upside down firing ok for bf ?

You can take a few puffs upside down to help clear it (might get liquid in your mouth). I was talking about screwing the top back on after filling. Start screwing it on right side up. Once you have it screwed on enough to not leak out, turn it upside down to finish screwing in down. That's just to keep the air pressure from forcing more liquid into the coil. Just a gimmick...doesn't always work.

Terry Koontz

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 5, 2017
    You can tak

You can take a few puffs upside down to help clear it (might get liquid in your mouth). I was talking about screwing the top back on after filling. Start screwing it on right side up. Once you have it screwed on enough to not leak out, turn it upside down to finish screwing in down. That's just to keep the air pressure from forcing more liquid into the coil. Just a gimmick...doesn't always work.
    got it.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Hope some of these suggestions work out for you, TK. I like a few long slow priming puffs without the fire button to wick juice up into my coil as it's sitting can speed the process up some. You don't HAVE to put juice in the coil if it causes gurgling, but it can be a helpful method. You'll probably find a few techniques work well for you, just experiment. :)

Anna

• Creative
    Reactions: gerrymi

gerrymi

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 12, 2013
    The 'Burgh, PA.
    Spinfuel suggested an alternate way to prime the Cubis Pro's coil...and it has worked pretty good (for me)...:thumbs:

Although the Cubis Pro Manual suggests dripping a few drop of e-liquid into the coil head, while avoiding the center hole in the coil head, we suggest NOT doing that. Just fill the tank (through the removable top cap), leave the coil head dry, and do the following:

1. Take 3 or 4 strong pulls on the drip tip to bring ejuice into the coil head
    2. Blow through the drip tip 3 or 4 times to force out any excess ejuice.
    3. Let sit 10 minutes, minimum.
    4. Vape slowly, at less wattage, until you know if the coil head will begin to gurgle or spit.
    5. Once you’re confident, proceed to find your sweet spot in wattage or temperature, and vape normally.
    https://spinfuel.com/cubis-pro-atomizer-review/

Last edited:

Terry Koontz

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 5, 2017
    Spinfuel suggested an alternate way to prime the Cubis Pro's coil...and it has worked pretty good (for me)...:thumbs:

Although the Cubis Pro Manual suggests dripping a few drop of e-liquid into the coil head, while avoiding the center hole in the coil head, we suggest NOT doing that. Just fill the tank (through the removable top cap), leave the coil head dry, and do the following:

1. Take 3 or 4 strong pulls on the drip tip to bring ejuice into the coil head
    2. Blow through the drip tip 3 or 4 times to force out any excess ejuice.
    3. Let sit 10 minutes, minimum.
    4. Vape slowly, at less wattage, until you know if the coil head will begin to gurgle or spit.
    5. Once you’re confident, proceed to find your sweet spot in wattage or temperature, and vape normally.
    https://spinfuel.com/cubis-pro-atomizer-review/

At what less wattage do you use ?

Belhade

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 15, 2010
    New York (no, not the city)

I gotta agree with this. I have an Elitar pipe that comes with the Cubis, and I tried, I really did. The original coil worked well, but the second, and third, and fourth, and so on were just disasters. Eventually the Cubis went away and the mini Buddha took its place.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 12, 2013
    The 'Burgh, PA.
    At what less wattage do you use ?

Me...I start with 6W...then slowly move up to 9W-10W...(I'm a Tootle Puffer)...

I gotta agree with this. I have an Elitar pipe that comes with the Cubis, and I tried, I really did. The original coil worked well, but the second, and third, and fourth, and so on were just disasters. Eventually the Cubis went away and the mini Buddha took its place.

Belh...are you talkin' about the original "Cubis"...or the later released "Cubis-Pro"?...

I had frequent flooding hassles with the Cubis...but the Cubis-Pro continues to give me a QUITE satisfying vape...

Terry Koontz

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 5, 2017
    Me...I start with 6W...then slowly move up to 9W-10W...(I'm a Tootle Puffer)...

Belh...are you talkin' about the original "Cubis"...or the later released "Cubis-Pro"?...

I had frequent flooding hassles with the Cubis...but the Cubis-Pro continues to give me a QUITE satisfying vape...

How do you prime a new coil in the Cubis Pro ?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread