Best way to prime Alien Kit coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

brij007

Nov 2, 2017
Hi Guys

Need some advice please, what is the best procedure to prime the Alien Kit Baby beast tfv8 coils?

"I open it up, took the coil out and primed it with juice in all four holes and the then some drops in the top, I let the coil sit for 3-4hrs to soak in properly and then I filled with juice and started firing at 60w it shoots sparks out the side of the air vent"

Thank you in advance.

Reactions: stols001

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
That doesn't sound like a coil priming issue. That sounds like debris causing electrical problems. Take the coil out and inspect the bottom. Look for a small wire protruding from the base. If you see one, use a small pointy object to push it back in, or nail clippers to cut it flush.

Smok BB coils are notorious for shoddy construction. But if you get it working well, it's pretty good.

Don't start at 60 Watts. Start an half that and work up.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I agree with Coastal Cowboy and that's a known issue with those coils. If you get many bad ones in a batch, may be worth taking or sending them back for replacements, though it is often possible to fix the coil by manipulating the wire and getting a good vape: it's not a difficult fix if a bit annoying.... Best of luck. Your priming procedure sounds okay to me although I might start out at a slightly lower wattage, but not by that much.

Best of luck,

Anna

Reactions: Walee

Walee

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2017
I'm sorry and I hope I'm laughing with you, but ya, I've not seen juice cause arcing yet. I did witness a friend light up a tank pretty good. He built some crazy 6 coil behemoth and missed a little chunk of wrap wire from the Claptons. First hit was a hoot. Tank light up like a flash bulb. Fine after that. Fried that little strand of wire.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Sparks shooting out the airflow? Haven't heard that before with factory coils, any brand. Not doubting it, but priming the coil isn't the culprit. I'd pull that coil and give it a good, thorough examination. Something should be fairly obvious. I try to take a close look at every coil before installing and this is a good reminder to do so.

As far as your priming, I run T8 coils on all my Baby Beast tanks and sounds like you are doing it well with a couple exceptions. After putting the drops in, I fill the tank, take a few primer puffs (watching for any bubbles coming out the sides), then let it sit for a while or even overnight. I wouldn't start at 60 watts. I start at 40 watts for just 2 or 3 hits (doesn't do much, but make for good primer puffs (and now I know to check for sparks or arcing :w00t:). Then I up it 4 or 5 watts at a time, a few puffs each time, until I reach my normal 58 or so watts. There are times it seems to be working fine at 52 or 54 and I am fine stopping there until I feel a need to up it some more.

• Informative

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi Guys
Need some advice please, what is the best procedure to prime the Alien Kit Baby beast tfv8 coils?
"I open it up, took the coil out and primed it with juice in all four holes and the then some drops in the top, I let the coil sit for 3-4hrs to soak in properly and then I filled with juice and started firing at 60w it shoots sparks out the side of the air vent"
Thank you in advance.
Welcome and glad you joined.
Might like to read:
If problem persists, might take the rig to a B&M vape shop and get a hands on opinion.
http://best-e-cigarette-guide.com/e...cigarettes/sub-ohm-vaping-perks-and-problems/
What is Sub Ohm Vaping? Our Sub Ohm Vaping Guide & Tips
https://spinfuel.com/sub-ohm-vaping/
Battery safety
Care and Use of 510, eGo and Variable Voltage Batteries
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blog-entry/7-information-resources-for-your-first-rba.4454/
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/ecf-sub-ohm-advisory.562106/

• Informative
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread