Best way to start back up again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctorvapes

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2017
Ok so i quit vaping and threw out all my stuff, all of it, tools, chargers ect. You grt the idea but i ended up smoking again. More than ever, 2 packs a day. So i want to start up again. I was using an aegis legend, dead rabbit, pharaoh mini and going back and forth between store bought juice and making mine own.

Its a huge loss but i cant look back, only forward to what i might set might myself up with again.

I thought i might do pods short term because of the cheap start up cost but i dont know if that will satisfy my vaping style.

On the other hand, i know my gear was old but i think it still did the trick.

Im just trying to get an idea of starting up again from other people since suggestions never hurt and im willing to look into other options.

Thanks.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
Ok so i quit vaping and threw out all my stuff, all of it, tools, chargers ect. You grt the idea but i ended up smoking again. More than ever, 2 packs a day. So i want to start up again. I was using an aegis legend, dead rabbit, pharaoh mini and going back and forth between store bought juice and making mine own.

Its a huge loss but i cant look back, only forward to what i might set might myself up with again.

I thought i might do pods short term because of the cheap start up cost but i dont know if that will satisfy my vaping style.

Im just trying to get an idea of starting up again from other people since suggestions never hurt and im willing to look into other options.

Thanks.

Eciggity is running a 20% off sale right now, ends tonight.

Your gear was not terribly old. The Aegis Legend is still a great mod, and durable as all get out. At that price point you can't go wrong, again. The rda/rta will be a tougher choice, and once again your dead rabbit is still selling, however, you could do better.

I currently like the Chief King and Twisted Messes TM24 Pro series. Very good flavor and cloud production.... good subohm rda's. Do you build your own coils or do you buy premade?

I am guessing you know about squonking. There are many different mods when considering that....

Last edited:

Doctorvapes

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2017
I need a new charger but am good batteries. I had a goselli i think thats how you spell it and a nitecore. I buy the premade wrapped coils.

My style is DL, i liked the airflow on the dead rabbit. I used to bonza clone and while it was fine at first i remember the airflow got to be too much for me. Also, the pharaoh has the right amount of airflow wide open. Anything else with more air flow or requiring going over like 50 watts isnt for me.

Reactions: stols001

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
I need a new charger but am good batteries. I had a goselli i think thats how you spell it and a nitecore. I buy the premade wrapped coils.

My style is DL, i liked the airflow on the dead rabbit. I used to bonza clone and while it was fine at first i remember the airflow got to be too much for me. Also, the pharaoh has the right amount of airflow wide open. Anything else with more air flow or requiring going over like 50 watts isnt for me.

Good to know. The atty's I mentioned are more of an open airflow, but other members will be along shortly and be able to suggest an atty that is more suited towards your style.

Glad you are giving it another go.

Good luck!

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019

Thanks.
a well re-built tank will never be too old for startup again, your story is similar to me, so, glad to comment and maybe help,

on my begging temp control was amazing, actually quit smoking because of that, then come back to mods, mechs and more, where i wish i wouldn't look back,

pods, are amazing, ultra portable, low power and with a little battery that could make miracles, so, highly recommended, i just kept tesla tpod and suorin drop, for me, mtl devices and kits are amazing, so you can take more advantage of salt nic,

well, efest are better ones, i just cannot trust nitecore with 3 bad units or faulty ones...

My style is DL,
as a former smoker, have you ever tried mtl vapes?

Doctorvapes

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2017
a well re-built tank will never be too old for startup again, your story is similar to me, so, glad to comment and maybe help,

on my begging temp control was amazing, actually quit smoking because of that, then come back to mods, mechs and more, where i wish i wouldn't look back,

pods, are amazing, ultra portable, low power and with a little battery that could make miracles, so, highly recommended, i just kept tesla tpod and suorin drop, for me, mtl devices and kits are amazing, so you can take more advantage of salt nic,

well, efest are better ones, i just cannot trust nitecore with 3 bad units or faulty ones...

as a former smoker, have you ever tried mtl vapes?
I did try mtl the very first time i vaped, i cant remember the atomizer but i remember it was unsatisfying because i felt like i wasnt drawing enough vapor into my lungs then i got a baby beast i believe or maybe something before that and that started me on DL

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Honestly it sounds like you know what you like and it is not as if it is outdated at all. If it worked before, it can work again.

Also...Never, ever toss your gear. You may feel Totally confident you will never vape and smoke again but I have seen a LOT of folks say that and then return to vaping.

Even if you MUST get rid of the gear, put it on the pay it forward thread or if that is too much trouble, donate it to your local VA. It is just bad juju to through out good gear in my opinion.

Best of luck,

Anna

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I really doubt you’d like pods, since you weren’t satisfied with mtl when you first started. Aegis legend and dead rabbit are still available and much recommended, but I can see why you might not want to replace those, bad memories or whatever.

I’m a big AsMODus fan, they’re not everyone’s cup of tea, but I find them solid and reasonably priced. I have several in both single and double battery.

Not sure if you’re looking for single or dual coil atties, but I’m liking the Zeus x for a dual. Af can be wide open, but closes off fairly restricted. The Gear is my favorite single coil, and the af closes down quite a lot.

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
I did try mtl the very first time i vaped, i cant remember the atomizer but i remember it was unsatisfying because i felt like i wasnt drawing enough vapor into my lungs then i got a baby beast i believe or maybe something before that and that started me on DL
well, you can also take a new try on a cheap mtl kit, several things have changed, and trust me, as a former smoker i do still need that feeling of warm restricted draw with less airflow and more vapor, thats why im trying and seen how mtl rta with salt nic helps, i totally understand that old or past devices in your life weren't so satisfying, but is a nice try to take,

About pods, how you feel, today is a darker day cuz i left somethings at hove forgotten, including my loved pod, gotta stick with mtl device and hope anxiety wont attack!

I’m a big AsMODus fan, they’re not everyone’s cup of tea, but I find them solid and reasonably priced. I have several in both single and double battery.
solid mods, i just start dealing and trying some, i guess my next gear up will be minikin v2 and reborn... and of course another colossal for monkey tests,

Not sure if you’re looking for single or dual coil atties, but I’m liking the Zeus x for a dual. Af can be wide open, but closes off fairly restricted. The Gear is my favorite single coil, and the af closes down quite a lot.
just realized that single coil is what i use the most on zeus RTA and paraoh mini RTA, amazing flavor! interesting clouds if you properly setup!

Regards,

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
The primary reason you'd backslide is not because your gear is bad, not because of throat hit or flavor or any of that. You'd backslide because you shorted yourself on nicotine.

A high wattage RBA is the ideal setup and the best experience, but those can require a bit of tinkering to get right. So why not have a backup device handy? Buy a simple draw activated pod system that takes 50mg salt nic, like the Vladdin RE. Those things are great for curbing craving quickly. Don't short yourself on nicotine.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
The primary reason you'd backslide is not because your gear is bad, not because of throat hit or flavor or any of that. You'd backslide because you shorted yourself on nicotine.

A high wattage RBA is the ideal setup and the best experience, but those can require a bit of tinkering to get right. So why not have a backup device handy? Buy a simple draw activated pod system that takes 50mg salt nic, like the Vladdin RE. Those things are great for curbing craving quickly. Don't short yourself on nicotine.
4th time for The vladdin re given top billing I’ve seen lately. There are advantages to it. The prime one being it can be vaped hands free like a cigarette. It’s a pretty small mtl pod system though. Also I had replacement pod reliability problems with it myself. There are bigger cloud pod systems available. It’s kind of a big cigalike with some improvements in capacity. As someone already used to buttons the vacuum auto switch is not something you specifically need.

Doctorvapes

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2017
Thanks everyone for input. I think i just panicked and felt overwhelmed. Im looking into a few picos with the wasp nano rdta as i have experience with both of these and its inexpense to get multiples. Im also thinking about restocking on nicotine but on another note..

To tide me over i was digging through my closet and found a very old setup and some juice. Its an istick 40 w and i think k2 something tank, its mtl with some coils. So i thought that was cool.

dreamvaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 20, 2018
    UK
    was digging through my closet and found a very old setup and some juice

setup might be ok but the juice you'd better throw away, if you'll try to vape it most likely you'll go like
    219125538_0daff9dfcf899bde593092b0b9f328ee_800.jpg

Doctorvapes

ECF Veteran
    Feb 8, 2017
    setup might be ok but the juice you'd better throw away, if you'll try to vape it most likely you'll go like
    219125538_0daff9dfcf899bde593092b0b9f328ee_800.jpg
    No the juice is only about 8 months old i got it as a vapewild extra and didnt like it back when they were giving 30ml bottles as extras in customer appreciation month. You better believe i like it now!

prawdaeh

ECF Veteran
    Aug 12, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN
    I too gave up the vape for a bit after getting frustrated with building my own coils and leaky crown uwells. Got myself smoking like 2 packs a day and as my lungs started to hate me for it I went to the local vape shop last month and picked up a freemax mesh pro and a reuleaux gen 3. Decided it was too big to carry around and picked up a couple Smok Nord batteries. 6mg juice in the freemax with the mesh dual coils has been lovely. And one of my nords has a pod with a 1.4ohm coil i use with 25mg nic salt juice. I tell ya.. I haven't had a cigarette since I went to the vape shop that day..my lungs are feeling better and I'm only on my 2nd freemax mesh coil and it tastes delicious.

It guzzles juice.. but, its still cheaper than smoking and my lungs don't hate me anymore. 6mg was a little harsh at first, but I was feeling pretty rough from the smoking. the times i tried 3mg personally I was constantly sucking on the vape.

Bottle of 25mg nic salt juice is still mostly full, and a 3ml pod with 1.4ohm coil could easily last me a night out on the town. Also feel better about not chucking huge clouds out in public. Just a personal preference, first day I bought the subohm tank the wind kept engulfing my friend in vapor when i exhaled.

Last edited:

charlie1465

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 30, 2014
    Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
    Aaah, well we've all had relapses. Don't beat yourself up over it.

My advice? Stick to your tried and trusted formula and just do a bit of research when considering a new purchase. Knowing what I know now about salt nic...i would probably have got myself a pod with some high strength (36-50mg/ml) nic salts just for that boost along with my all day vape.

I must admit I didn't have much trouble after a 1 year relapse...it was like riding a bike and the withdrawal symptoms were much easier than the first time.

Best of luck :)

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    I’m still on the “no protonated nic till some sliver of even basic research is done on it” bandwagon myself. The sheer lack of data on it and the large amounts of misleading marketing on it scares me. I can get away without using the stuff though. Not everyone can.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread