Best website for buying batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phinz

Oct 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Hey guys,

I'm looking to return to vaping. I vaped for a bit back in the spring, but it's been well over a year since I purchased any new mods, tanks, etc. I just recently ordered a Wismec Reuleaux RX200S mod and a SMOKTech TFV8 tank. I've never really vaped above 100 watts before, and I know in order to do it safely I'll need the proper batteries.

The website I bought the mod from says 20A or higher, but for 100+watt vaping I would think I need at least 30A in order to draw that kind of power if the tank runs at .15ohms like it claims. Like I mentioned above, it's been over a year since I purchased a new mod, but it's been at least 2 years since I've purchased new batteries. I don't know what websites are trustworthy to sell authentic batteries anymore. I'm worried I'll end up with Chinese knock offs and blow my face off.

This community has always given me great advice in the past, what do you guys recommend?

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Most will suggest Rtdvapor for authentic batteries.
I have ordered from them, don't really remember how fast they shipped. But I do remember being satisfied. Good prices and selection.
Type Mooch in the upper corner search box and read up on the new batteries.
this

I get all my batteries from illumn.com. $6 a battery for just about any 18650 you can think of. And they come with a free case when you buy them in pairs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

this

and Earth's #1 source for IMR 18650 Batteries, Chargers, Cases & Wraps | IMRbatteries.com are the only places I would buy from personally

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
IMR, Illum, LiIon, and RTD are all excellent vendors. Here's a guide to batteries to help out on selection. It's always a good idea to check Mooch's recommendation to assure your 30A battery is really 30A. However, while a 30A battery is always appropriate in a high power setting, you are using a regulated mod where that is far less of an issue.
Battery Chart.jpeg

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
Hey guys,

I'm looking to return to vaping. I vaped for a bit back in the spring, but it's been well over a year since I purchased any new mods, tanks, etc. I just recently ordered a Wismec Reuleaux RX200S mod and a SMOKTech TFV8 tank. I've never really vaped above 100 watts before, and I know in order to do it safely I'll need the proper batteries.

The website I bought the mod from says 20A or higher, but for 100+watt vaping I would think I need at least 30A in order to draw that kind of power if the tank runs at .15ohms like it claims. Like I mentioned above, it's been over a year since I purchased a new mod, but it's been at least 2 years since I've purchased new batteries. I don't know what websites are trustworthy to sell authentic batteries anymore. I'm worried I'll end up with Chinese knock offs and blow my face off.

This community has always given me great advice in the past, what do you guys recommend?

For all things battery, the battery sub-forum has a lot of useful information Batteries and Chargers If you're looking for a true ~30amp constant discharge rating (CDR) in an 18650, you're pretty much limited to LG or Sony if you want quality batteries. There are other brands that claim to have a 30+ amps CDR but some are advertising the battery's "pulse" rating as being its CDR, an accident waiting to happen. There are several companies that "re-wrap" the LG and Sony batteries and sell them under their own brand name but why pay more for a re-wrapped battery... Illumn.com is where I buy my batteries, a rock solid reputable source that is not "vape" related ;). The fact they are also very inexpensive is just icing on the cake. They sell the LG HB6 for $4.00 and the LG HB2 for $4.99 each, both are -true- 30amp CDR batteries. I bought a pair of Sony VCT6's from them this morning and shipping was $3.27.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
that mod runs on 3 batteries. the higher your continuous amp rating is the lower your mah or vape time. If the recommended is 3 20 amp batteries you're getting a combined total of 60 amp. at 150 watts with a .15ohm coil your drawing 32 amps.
No, actually. With a vw mod the resistance doesn't factor into the amp draw.

165 (150w +10% for chip inefficiency) = 9.6 (cutoff voltage 3.2, three batteries in series) = 17.2 amps per battery

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Use @Mooch 's posts to research cells.
Better info than youll get from the manufacturer, tested by an actual pro who knows what we are using them for.

I trust Illum.com.
They have an actual brick and mortar store in Cali and have been supplying high end flashlight cells longer than vaping has been around.
They are the real deal.

Kickingthesticks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 6, 2016
    No, actually. With a vw mod the resistance doesn't factor into the amp draw.

165 (150w +10% for chip inefficiency) = 9.6 (cutoff voltage 3.2, three batteries in series) = 17.2 amps per battery

Learned something new, glad you straightened that out. always thought I was getting double amperage in a dual 18650 regulated device

Akrotiri

Moved On
    Oct 4, 2016
    Hey guys,

RTDvapor is a good and trustworthy source for batteries. It's the company that supplies all Dicodes devices with batteries.

KenD

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 20, 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden
    kennetgranholm.com
    Learned something new, glad you straightened that out. always thought I was getting double amperage in a dual 18650 regulated device
    In a series mod you get double the voltage though, which is in practice the same as double the amps (in a vw device).

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread