Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
How long is a piece of string? lol
You'll get more answers than you can deal with trust me - not sure if it willbe helpful or not. We can tell you what (and who) WE like, but have no idea what YOU will like.
What sort of flavors do you prefer? Or are you open to any flavor?
What kind of price range?
Some suppliers don't do sample sizes - would that be an issue?
Do you like PG, VG or a mix of both (the most common)

I find the 'easiest' thing is to trawl through E-Liquid Reviews - E-Cigarette Forum (and remember theres a few pages) and take a look at things that appeal to you and go from there.
I could tell you all the places I go, but I'm pretty sure you'll be at 'information overload' in about 4 more posts :)

Sammie

Mar 23, 2010
Mississippi
I find the 'easiest' thing is to trawl through E-Liquid Reviews - E-Cigarette Forum (and remember theres a few pages) and take a look at things that appeal to you and go from there.
I could tell you all the places I go, but I'm pretty sure you'll be at 'information overload' in about 4 more posts :)
Man, "information overload" was an understatement. Between the arguments over China vs. US liquids, which brands taste like this or that or have flowery, plasticy, crappy in general tastes, I came back here to just find a simpler solution (hoping to just see a suggestion) and find I'm back to the very post that sent me on my research in the first place!

Honestly, I was just hunting a site that carried both PG and VG juices with a few basic flavors so that I could get some comparisons going between which of those two I might like better (being a noob to this stuff). Now, I'm so confused between dripping, dipping, tips, juices, PG, VG, nic levels, ml, mg, RY4, 555, frenchvanillacoffeecakeorangecherryrumbutterscotch lemonade, that I have absolutely no idea what to do 8-o

Then, of course, there's sampler packs. But what to do? TBH, I've only made one order so far (from Ms. T), and that was just for kicks as they likely won't arrive in short enough time (my new device arrives tomorrow) for me to really make the full switch from analogs. The point is, these are my very first juice orders, and I'd love to get some serious trial and error going, but spending $15 here, $25 there, $37 over yonder just starts to add up to a lot of up front expense on juices and flavors that I've got utterly no idea whether or not I'll like! I mean, give me a site where they carry both PG and VG, with a decent variant of nic levels with reasonably cheap small amounts, ideally all from one place so I can get it all in one order. Let me see whether I prefer or react differently to PG and VG, and let me get some variations on nic levels so I can really get a feel for what I'll need.

All in all, reviews only go so far from what I've seen, and only seem enlightening/applicable once you're already an experienced user. What's an ignorant noob to do other than to blow a lotta up-front $$?

Anyway, sorry for the minor rant, but it's a bit frustrating tbh. That said, I'm headed out for a smoke.... :-x

PS. I envy you guys who have local access to this stuff. I live in the middle of nowhere, so no such luck.

crazygirll22

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
RI, USA
Hey Sammie and Mustang,
I'm new to this whole vaping thing too, and I understand what you mean about not wanting to spend a lot of $$ up front. The thing is what one person likes another may not like. I ended up ordering a sampler pack from myfreedomsmokes and a few other flavors, they have descent prices. Although at this point the only e-liquid that I vape all day is a Marlbro flavor that I got from another supplier. Right now I don't seem to like the fruity, or coffee flavors. I'm hoping once my taste buds recover I will like them in the future, or maybe I'll try mixing some together to see if i like them better. Basically it's all a matter of each person's individual taste. If you check out some sites, most of them sell smaller sized bottles you can get relatively cheap just to try & see if you even like it. Then if you do you can order a bigger bottle. I actually just ordered a few smaller bottles from Cignot, I hear their forbidden & ecopure english toffee are good! Welcome to the forum & good luck with your vaping experience.

Sammie

Mar 23, 2010
Mississippi
They carry a good variety of juice so you could sample some different one's and find what YOU like.
They have pg based, vg based, Basic line( Usa made), the Ecopure line and some of the Joye eliquids.
Honestly, Cignot was one of the main sites I've been eyeing as a potential place to buy from. My problem is their nic levels. I mean, for most of their flavors you either get really high nic, or really low. On top of that, the only real flavor variety I see there is for the VG-based liquids, which I could definitely see getting into some of them.

Don't get me wrong - I don't mind trying a few places out, but let's just say I want to try Cherry Cola from their BASIC line. I can get it in the 6.5ml size at 12mg or 25mg of nicotine. Ok, so to see which nic level suits me best, at $4.50 each, that's $9 before shipping. No problem - but how about if I don't like Cherry Cola? I should probably grab another one, so now I need to add two more bottles. $18. Now, how about PG-based liquids? I see fresh, regular, krystal, etc., all of which seem to be tobacco flavors. Kinda defeats one of the main draws to vaping for me - getting off the damned tobacco! I mean, they may very well be good to some, but from what little vaping I've done, the great great thing was the flavors.

So you go to their "other PG" and there's tons of flavors! Awesome. Problem is, again, you have high nic vs. low nic. I already know that I'm no fan of "throat hit", but based on my habit I'm definitely going to need a reasonable amount. No middle of the road option, especially in a PG liquid kills my gusto there. :cry:

Alright, so I just go on and buy some juice from Cignot, 4 bottles for some testing of flavor/nic and a VG juice, and checkout. Nearly $25 with shipping. Not a big deal, but I'm getting what, 26ml of liquid that I may or may not like, and of varying strength - not a very wise investment, but I can get that it's potentially necessary to find your nitch. Trouble is, beyond that if I want to give PG liquids a go, I've gotta head somewhere else and find an appropriate nic level and flavors I might like, and give that a go to the tune of even more $$. :mad:

I mean, I can't be the only one that's experienced this, especially looking through these boards at how much money people have thrown out in their first month etc. of vaping. It's just a bit discouraging/daunting/intimidating/frustrating when you really start to get into it, and I guess what I (and others here) are looking for is some guidance from those of you who have this stuff down pat already.

Honestly, at this point it's as I said earlier - information overload. I've been to so many vaping sites, read/watched so many reviews, and, granted, learned a lot - but it's all extremely mixed up in my head atm, and I just don't see it getting better without a bit of help. I know you folks can offer some better words of wisdom than "find what's right for you!". :)

HotNostril

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2010
New Jersey
Honestly, Cignot was one of the main sites I've been eyeing as a potential place to buy from. My problem is their nic levels. I mean, for most of their flavors you either get really high nic, or really low. On top of that, the only real flavor variety I see there is for the VG-based liquids, which I could definitely see getting into some of them.

Don't get me wrong - I don't mind trying a few places out, but let's just say I want to try Cherry Cola from their BASIC line. I can get it in the 6.5ml size at 12mg or 25mg of nicotine. Ok, so to see which nic level suits me best, at $4.50 each, that's $9 before shipping. No problem - but how about if I don't like Cherry Cola? I should probably grab another one, so now I need to add two more bottles. $18. Now, how about PG-based liquids? I see fresh, regular, krystal, etc., all of which seem to be tobacco flavors. Kinda defeats one of the main draws to vaping for me - getting off the damned tobacco! I mean, they may very well be good to some, but from what little vaping I've done, the great great thing was the flavors.

So you go to their "other PG" and there's tons of flavors! Awesome. Problem is, again, you have high nic vs. low nic. I already know that I'm no fan of "throat hit", but based on my habit I'm definitely going to need a reasonable amount. No middle of the road option, especially in a PG liquid kills my gusto there. :cry:

Alright, so I just go on and buy some juice from Cignot, 4 bottles for some testing of flavor/nic and a VG juice, and checkout. Nearly $25 with shipping. Not a big deal, but I'm getting what, 26ml of liquid that I may or may not like, and of varying strength - not a very wise investment, but I can get that it's potentially necessary to find your nitch. Trouble is, beyond that if I want to give PG liquids a go, I've gotta head somewhere else and find an appropriate nic level and flavors I might like, and give that a go to the tune of even more $$. :mad:

I mean, I can't be the only one that's experienced this, especially looking through these boards at how much money people have thrown out in their first month etc. of vaping. It's just a bit discouraging/daunting/intimidating/frustrating when you really start to get into it, and I guess what I (and others here) are looking for is some guidance from those of you who have this stuff down pat already.

Honestly, at this point it's as I said earlier - information overload. I've been to so many vaping sites, read/watched so many reviews, and, granted, learned a lot - but it's all extremely mixed up in my head atm, and I just don't see it getting better without a bit of help. I know you folks can offer some better words of wisdom than "find what's right for you!". :)

You can buy nic in two different strengths here to add to whatever you end up buying. E-Juice : Vape the Rockies, Why smoke when you can vape

I called and spoke with Frank who was most helpful. he asked me what I used to smoke and how much along with several other questions to help me find something I could taste and like. My taste buds apparently are half dead as I couldn't taste much I bought at first.

The first REALLY great flavorful vape I had was Tasty Vapors atomic cinnacide.

Last edited:

Rsunset327

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2009
Montana
What I did was visit strictly e-juice first. They are very cheap and throw in a handful of samples with most orders. Their USA is a basic nicotine flavor that is similar to what comes with most e-cigs in the little cartridges.

They have tons of flavors though some don't like them. Just mix and match a few. My first order was 2 30mL bottles and about 5 10mL bottles and it was under $50.

You can get 24mg, 16mg, 12mg, 8mg, and 0.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
V4L is having a 48-hour sale (20% off) on all juices. You can get a 5 ml bottle for a little over two bucks. Try different flavors, see what you like, what you hate, and take it from there. This is the best deal, I believe, right now. And no big commitment. They have a lot of flavors and 3 different nic levels (plus 0 nic). Give them a try. Good luck.

Wench

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Pensacola, Fl.

I totally understand. I am at 6-8mg. It's almost impossible to find stuff premade at those levels so I've gotten used to having to buy 1 bottle and a bottle of 0nic to fix it. I mostly make my own nowadays except for a few flavors I can't replicate ( 555 mainly)
Suppliers tend to forget not everyone vapes 24mg I think, as it seems there are alot that only carry that strength :-x

Pokeygizmo

Perfectly Imperfect
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2010
South Carolina
As a noob myself, I feel your pain8-o!

What I have learned so far is that I am going to have to keep coming off with some cash and try different vendors. I have placed small orders with several companies, try to get the same PG/VG mix and close to the same nic level with each order from each company (trying to level the playing field, not always possible). I choose the companies based on who gets a lot of mention in the ejuice threads (V4L, Halo, Tasty Vapor, Vermont Vapor, Ms. T's are all on my list to try so far) as "the Best". Then I vape. If I don't like it, I put it aside and come back a few days later and try it again -- the juice sometimes tastes better after it ages -- plus as my sense of taste/smell is improving, the juice changes. If its still a bust, then when I read other people's reviews of liquids and they say they LOVE X company's juice (and I hate it), I avoid the other companies they recommend.

Not necessarily a great system (pretty lame, actually) but I needed SOMETHING to help me wade through everything out there -- and there is so, so much!!!!

I have found juice that I do like initially, some I like a little later, and some I will never like. I chalk the lost investment up to experience as I, too, live in the boonies and know of no one else who vapes and can use my trial , "contaminated" juices.

On another note, I frequently have to remind myself that not only am I saving money by not buying/smoking analogs (and spending it on ecig stuff instead) I am saving my life and some long-term astronomical health care costs down the road. Then I get my cheap, chintzy self online and go order some more stuff... :)

Feel free to PM regarding my list (some orders still pending) and I'll give you my honest take on what I have tried. I am an ex-menthol smoker, Salem Light 100s x 23 years, pack a day for the record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread