Best Wire for Digiflavor Drop RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mouthycat

Jul 27, 2016
Can someone familiar with the Digiflavor Drop please recommend a wire for good results? Most pre-made coils are low ohm and running dual, I'm afraid, may push the batteries too hard. Spool wire may require too many wraps for a good fit. I found the Steamengine.org calculator hard to use without the wire in front of me. What works for you?

Reactions: stols001

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
I usually use 24 Awg Stainless for a .3-.35 0hm resistance on a 3.5 diameter for denser clouds and flavorfull puffs.

Lately i've been using 24Awg simple kanthal wire, this time with a 3mm diameter and .4 resistance, just enough restriction,tons of flavor and using it at about 40 watts, so battery life is a no issue for me (although i always have a 2nd set of batteries in case).

And no you don't need big exotic coils to get something good out of the Drop, in fact i think simple round wire builds work better imo.

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I have become something of a fan for exotic higher ohm builds in single atomizers but if I'm going to do duals, (which I rarely do) there's really going to be just plenty of wire mass for the type of resistance I'm going to be shooting for, to me it's just two ways of getting to "more or less" the same thing, although the second version is like, more work (IMO) and usually more difficult to get to fit and balance and all that. Heck, I mostly use single round wire in my SINGLE coil atomizers and etc.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread