bestecig.com and UK customs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

K.P.

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2008
United Kingdom
I decided to order 2-3 items from bestecig.com (I'm pretty sure the consensus here is that they're good, reliable folks to order from--please correct me if I am wrong). Then I thought that as long as I was paying that much for shipping, I should go ahead and get a 5 pack each of batteries and atomisers. But if HM Customs/the Post Office take an interest in that package (VAT, import tariffs, tax on all that plus a service charge just to collect the money from me) the result will overwhelm the fairly modest savings by doing this.

My experience (plus several friends' experience) in ordering lots of things from the US in the 30-70 pound range is that they only very rarely bother--even when the customs label clearly says it's of sufficient value to be hit for import-related charges. But it occurred to me a company in China doing brisk business might be a different matter.

So...anyone done a similar thing and have any experience to share? Should I expect it to have the same 95% or so chance of being passed over? Or is there a reason to be more cautious? Feel free to PM me if you'd rather not say it publicly.

I've had deliveries from the USA to the UK and not had any problems (although when I ordered from Johnson Creek, the goods value on the customs declaration was considerably lower than the actual price). Will have a parcel arrive from China tomorrow too. (hopefully HMRC will have been on their tea break when that one went through too) :)

katink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2008
the Netherlands
I'm getting parcels from China regularly. It has happened just once that I got an extra bill... and that wasn't even because customs looked at it; but because the delivering-agency took it upon themselves to 'take work out of customs hands' by billing what customs 'might have billed otherwise'...grr... (that was DHL - and not a real high bill, I think about 20% of the value)

shareit

Dec 31, 2008
Montreal
i order from bestecig also and have 2 atomizers die and Beci told me to just say in my next order:
Remark:"Replace two (2) BE112 black atomizers"
and they will replace it no problem. very good service, i'm happy so far and fast email reply also, normaly in a few hours.
I'm ordering from Canada and no problem with custom, delevery take about 7 days.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread