Better Batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LarryYo

Unresolved Status
Feb 26, 2015
Bell California
Recently I have been using Samsung 25-r's and they have been working well but i feel like the hit drops quickly in my sigelei. I have been using some other batteries here and there like the LG he2's and they have been solid but i feel like they dont hold up well after each charge cycle. is there a good battery out there that works well with regulated devices?

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
Recently I have been using Samsung 25-r's and they have been working well but i feel like the hit drops quickly in my sigelei. I have been using some other batteries here and there like the LG he2's and they have been solid but i feel like they dont hold up well after each charge cycle. is there a good battery out there that works well with regulated devices?

Assuming they're authentic, those are some of the best batteries available on the market.

What doesn't make sense is.. You're using a regulated device. What do you mean the "hit drops quickly"? The device should be regulating to your specified voltage/wattage. Even at near-dead batteries your hit should stay consistent.

LarryYo

Unresolved Status
Feb 26, 2015
Bell California
Thats what i figured but i feel a significant drop when the batteries get to 70% and have to change them out around 55-60% and i have not taken the wrap off the battery but i trust the vape shop i go to. They also do the same thing on my iPV3 as well as my Sig 100w plus and 150w. I am running a .3 ohm coils usually sitting around 65-70w

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Assuming they're authentic, those are some of the best batteries available on the market.

What doesn't make sense is.. You're using a regulated device. What do you mean the "hit drops quickly"? The device should be regulating to your specified voltage/wattage. Even at near-dead batteries your hit should stay consistent.
Agree with this. :thumb:

There should be no dropoff in vaping quality when using a regulated device.

Last edited:
Reactions: nyiddle

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
Thats what i figured but i feel a significant drop when the batteries get to 70% and have to change them out around 55-60% and i have not taken the wrap off the battery but i trust the vape shop i go to. They also do the same thing on my iPV3 as well as my Sig 100w plus and 150w. I am running a .3 ohm coils usually sitting around 65-70w

First, and this is something I've been advocating for a while, most Sig devices don't keep your batteries "good to the last drop" -- that is, in my Sig150, pulling the batteries at 50% leaves them with 3.6V, which is just about as low as I want to go on my batteries before putting them on a charger. The one time I let my Sig150 get to the point where it would no longer fire my batteries were under 3V. That's "battery damage" territory. So for this reason, I recommend charging at 50% regardless in Sigelei devices.

Second, Sig devices (and the IPV I think) will actually display the voltage actively as it's firing. If you can, take a peek at it when you press the fire button and see how much lower than your input voltage it dips to. I've noticed this on the screen, but I've never noticed a drastic change in the hit as a result of the slight drop (like .1 or .2V isn't gonna make a noticeable difference). I assume it's dipping because the "voltage under load" differs from the calculated voltage, or perhaps because the batteries are struggling to output the input voltage.

How long have you had the specific batteries in question?

LarryYo

Unresolved Status
Feb 26, 2015
Bell California
First, and this is something I've been advocating for a while, most Sig devices don't keep your batteries "good to the last drop" -- that is, in my Sig150, pulling the batteries at 50% leaves them with 3.6V, which is just about as low as I want to go on my batteries before putting them on a charger. The one time I let my Sig150 get to the point where it would no longer fire my batteries were under 3V. That's "battery damage" territory. So for this reason, I recommend charging at 50% regardless in Sigelei devices.

Second, Sig devices (and the IPV I think) will actually display the voltage actively as it's firing. If you can, take a peek at it when you press the fire button and see how much lower than your input voltage it dips to. I've noticed this on the screen, but I've never noticed a drastic change in the hit as a result of the slight drop (like .1 or .2V isn't gonna make a noticeable difference). I assume it's dipping because the "voltage under load" differs from the calculated voltage, or perhaps because the batteries are struggling to output the input voltage.

How long have you had the specific batteries in question?

I have had these batteries for about 3 months now i get new batteries every 5-6 months and its not the battery life its the actual hit itself when i get to 70% there is a drop in vapor production from the coils as well. as in the same hit i get at 85-90% I dont get at 70-75% and im pulling just over 4.6v on the battery when i pull them out to charge they usually read around 3.68-3.7 I may have just ordered a bad batch.

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
I have had these batteries for about 3 months now i get new batteries every 5-6 months and its not the battery life its the actual hit itself when i get to 70% there is a drop in vapor production from the coils as well. as in the same hit i get at 85-90% I dont get at 70-75% and im pulling just over 4.6v on the battery when i pull them out to charge they usually read around 3.68-3.7 I may have just ordered a bad batch.

I really don't think you have a bad batch of batteries.

Like I said before, try looking at the actual voltage it's outputting when you press the fire button. If it's outputting less than what you told it to, then yes, there is an actual voltage drop happening. If it's still staying consistent around your input voltage then no, it's in your head.

I don't mean to sound condescending but I'm leaning on the latter.

Reactions: Baditude

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US

Well for 1 on the Sig100 and 150, at about 50% battery level yes it is time to swap the batteries out if you can. For the IPV3 and Sig150 you might want to look at the LG HB6 (30amps CDR) or Sony VTC4 (30amps) over the LG HE2 and Samsung 25R's (20amp CDR). But if you are chiefing and puffing like a locomotive off of those mods constantly, maybe upping your nic level 2 to 3mg/ml more so you are not chuffing on it so often will help extend the charge on a set of cells.

Reactions: LarryYo

LarryYo

Unresolved Status
Feb 26, 2015
Bell California
Well for 1 on the Sig100 and 150, at about 50% battery level yes it is time to swap the batteries out if you can. For the IPV3 and Sig150 you might want to look at the LG HB6 (30amps CDR) or Sony VTC4 (30amps) over the LG HE2 and Samsung 25R's (20amp CDR). But if you are chiefing and puffing like a locomotive off of those mods constantly, maybe upping your nic level 2 to 3mg/ml more so you are not chuffing on it so often will help extend the charge on a set of cells.
Il take a look into those batteries and i have my little vape sessions through out the day when i get a break from work and at home I dont puff on it very often i dont touch it most nights after 2130-2200

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread