!! Beware !! K100 batteries in kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Hey guys, just letting you know that the batteries that come with the k100 kit are trash. My brother just had one of them burn out and shock him while using it in the mod. I suggest that if anyone is using these batteries to dispose of them immediately.
To be fair and to be completely thorough in reporting something like this, it would be most helpful to state the vendor selling the kit, what the brand of the batteries were, what type of batteries they were (protected or IMR), and what was the juice delivery device used when the battery event happened. Links are always appreciated.

Until the above details are known, it would be unfair to state that the batteries in question were to blame. User error is the most common cause for a battery event.

I'm not taking the above incident lightly, as there is no one more a proponent of safe battery useage than myself. But I believe more details need to be presented before such an announcement is put out.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Last edited:

Mark408

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
San Jose, Ca

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Does it matter if it's nipple top or flat top batts? I've seen people run both.
Regarding that fuse, I have been reading up on that. Will order soon not sure how long fasttech takes to receive my k100. Can't wait!
This all depends upon the specific mod. Some APV's need the nipple top to make a connection to the connector head. Others don't need a flat-top battery. Perhaps someone who has the K-100 can add some feedback on this.

Last edited:

Calikev

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 11, 2013
Los Angeles
I have my K100 in hand right now with Efest 18500 and another Efest 18350 ready if I need it. I haven't had any issues using the Efest at all. I have several 500's and 350's and rotate them often. I don't have a fuse on mine yet but I am using a protank and not a RBA or RDA on my K100 right now.

ALL are flat tops

Mark408

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
San Jose, Ca
I have my K100 in hand right now with Efest 18500 and another Efest 18350 ready if I need it. I haven't had any issues using the Efest at all. I have several 500's and 350's and rotate them often. I don't have a fuse on mine yet but I am using a protank and not a RBA or RDA on my K100 right now.

ALL are flat tops

Thanks for your response!
Yeah I have an igo-l and it's usually around 1.3-1.5ohms when I build them.

Heavyrocker

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2012
Toronto,Canada
Hey guys, just letting you know that the batteries that come with the k100 kit are trash. My brother just had one of them burn out and shock him while using it in the mod. I suggest that if anyone is using these batteries to dispose of them immediately.

What brand are they?

Thraizer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2012
Nj
They are generic ICR batteries, non branded and unprotected. Most likely have a pretty low amp discharge rate, maybe 5 at the most. I did not trust the batteries that came with my k100, so its in a baggy in my toolbox at work. Definitely have your bro file an incident report so vendors can take the batts out of the kits.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Odds are, with the amount of batteries supplied with the Mod and lack of complaints. Either the battery got over discharged and shorted or it was just a bad one.
Everyone has an opinion. Many just got theirs from other people. Fact is that same battery is supplied by MANY China Mod venders and used be MANY Vapors without issue. I have had 2 for 8 months and both still work fine. I rarely use them in the Mechanicals but they do the job when needed. Use them quite often in the YJ Lavatube.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
They are generic ICR batteries, non branded and unprotected. Most likely have a pretty low amp discharge rate, maybe 5 at the most. I did not trust the batteries that came with my k100, so its in a baggy in my toolbox at work. Definitely have your bro file an incident report so vendors can take the batts out of the kits.

crxess said:
Odds are, with the amount of batteries supplied with the Mod and lack of complaints. Either the battery got over discharged and shorted or it was just a bad one.
Everyone has an opinion. Many just got theirs from other people. Fact is that same battery is supplied by MANY China Mod venders and used be MANY Vapors without issue. I have had 2 for 8 months and both still work fine. I rarely use them in the Mechanicals but they do the job when needed. Use them quite often in the YJ Lavatube.
Facts are, if those batteries are truely NCR unprotected Li-Ion batteries as Thraizer says, they should not under any circumstances be used in an APV. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...9007-warning-rechargeable-batteries-apvs.html

Last edited:

chillaxing

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2013
los angeles, ca
To be fair and to be completely thorough in reporting something like this, it would be most helpful to state the vendor selling the kit, what the brand of the batteries were, what type of batteries they were (protected or IMR), and what was the juice delivery device used when the battery event happened. Links are always appreciated.

Until the above details are known, it would be unfair to state that the batteries in question were to blame. User error is the most common cause for a battery event.

I'm not taking the above incident lightly, as there is no one more a proponent of safe battery useage than myself. But I believe more details need to be presented before such an announcement is put out.
it was the Kamry k100 kit with kamery batteries. was using it with a brand new protank that i gave him. I dont know if the battery was fully discharged when this happened. But i've used aw and efest down pretty low without any mishaps. i know a lot of people are happy with these kits and the battery that comes with them. But it just takes that one time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread