Beware of Dinosaurs (T-Rex)

Status
Not open for further replies.

coho72

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2010
Boston
After a whole lot of hoopla being made about the new T-Rex E-Cig , I finally got mine and I've had a few days to put it through it's paces. The first thing that struck me was , how could they build something that looked so nice , so badly? First the box that it comes in , is great. It's a magnatized box that displays the dino like a diamond on black velvet. It starts to go south after you start removing all your components. The charger is about the cheapest cheesiest thing ever! It is basically a usb cable with an adapter on one end that you screw the t-rex into , the Usb end can plug into your computer or a 10cent wall plug that they throw in. The problem is , it won't charge your T-Rex after 3 days and after much investigation I have figured out the problem if anyone has one of these nits and they need help with the charger PM me and I'll explain it and the cure. Ok , after that and before I figured out how to get that charger to actually charge my Rex , I was using my old tornado charger to get it done and I noticed that it was crooked while it was in the charger? I took it off and sure as hell the battery would move all around in the shell of itself. After further investigation , I found that it would actually come right apart with very little force.. Sure enough , there wasn't even any glue or sealent holding the whole thing together , it's just kind of shoved into the shell. By this time you can see what junk this is , so I should even have to get into battery life and all that jazz. If you bought one of these , by now you are sorry if you are going to buy one of these , you will be. Even the pre-filled carts that come with this are so disgusting , if I gave you $20 I don't think you could get through the whole thing without getting sick. If anyone needs any help or advice because they are dealing with this headache , I will try and help , just shoot me a message.

rhondad75

Jun 5, 2010
Hawaii
  • Deleted by Elendil
  • Reason: Possible affiliate relationship

kalojado

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2009
Dayton, Ohio Area
After a whole lot of hoopla being made about the new T-Rex E-Cig , I finally got mine and I've had a few days to put it through it's paces. The first thing that struck me was , how could they build something that looked so nice , so badly? First the box that it comes in , is great. It's a magnatized box that displays the dino like a diamond on black velvet. It starts to go south after you start removing all your components. The charger is about the cheapest cheesiest thing ever! It is basically a usb cable with an adapter on one end that you screw the t-rex into , the Usb end can plug into your computer or a 10cent wall plug that they throw in. The problem is , it won't charge your T-Rex after 3 days and after much investigation I have figured out the problem if anyone has one of these nits and they need help with the charger PM me and I'll explain it and the cure. Ok , after that and before I figured out how to get that charger to actually charge my Rex , I was using my old tornado charger to get it done and I noticed that it was crooked while it was in the charger? I took it off and sure as hell the battery would move all around in the shell of itself. After further investigation , I found that it would actually come right apart with very little force.. Sure enough , there wasn't even any glue or sealent holding the whole thing together , it's just kind of shoved into the shell. By this time you can see what junk this is , so I should even have to get into battery life and all that jazz. If you bought one of these , by now you are sorry if you are going to buy one of these , you will be. Even the pre-filled carts that come with this are so disgusting , if I gave you $20 I don't think you could get through the whole thing without getting sick. If anyone needs any help or advice because they are dealing with this headache , I will try and help , just shoot me a message.

What company makes the t-rex? Never heard of it, and would like to see it...

rhondad75

Jun 5, 2010
Hawaii
  • Deleted by Elendil

rhondad75

Jun 5, 2010
Hawaii
  • Deleted by Elendil

VapoMonkey

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2010
Queens NYC

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
I got my Maxx today and i have no idea if they are the same as the trex.

To assure dumkopf, i have not had any issues with it and it performs like a champ! No regrets whatsoever.

There are still cheaper and better alternatives to the ego that performs just as well, if not better!

The stainless steel buttons are much better over the plastic ones of the ego and Riva imo.

A point to ponder over the t-rex: Which one do you prefer? A sticky button or a glue issue that even a kid can fix?

I note once again that i do not have a t-rex and i do not know if it is the same as what i have.

rhondad75

Jun 5, 2010
Hawaii
  • Deleted by Elendil

ab357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Chgo., IL.
Good point - The stainless steel button is superior to the rubber...never sticks. It looks as though your unit is much the same as the T-Rex. I personally believe that every unit has it "quirks".

I think it's important which vendor you choose and how they'll "Have your back". Be it the T-Rex, Tornado, Riva, etc - If something goes wrong the real question is what kind of support will youl receive from your sales person/company/vendor? My Sales guy with Rebel has ALWAYS made sure that if an issue pops up with ANY device, he makes sure I'm completely satisfied, if it be a quick fix, a refund or an exchange, Rebel E Cigarettes and supplies is a sure win.

Hum... only four posts on the entire forum and they're plugging an e-cig model and specific seller.

Sure you shouldn't register as a supplier?

dumkopf

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2010
richmond, VA
Thanks Fedor! I'm still waiting for mine to arrive, now that i've pulled the trigger on the e-cig im ready to be DONE with analogs. i should have just payed the extra few bucks to get in from a supplier in the US in a couple of days. hopefully it wont take too much longer from china. Did you get your Maxx from absolutelyecigs? shipping time if you did?

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
Thanks Fedor! I'm still waiting for mine to arrive, now that i've pulled the trigger on the e-cig im ready to be DONE with analogs. i should have just payed the extra few bucks to get in from a supplier in the US in a couple of days. hopefully it wont take too much longer from china. Did you get your Maxx from absolutelyecigs? shipping time if you did?

Yes, i got it from absolutelyecigs and i'm a big fanboy. Until now, i cannot be certain that the Maxx and Trex is the same. It doesn't really matter to me though cos i'm liking it very much.

Actually, ordering from China under normal circumstances would take about 7 days or so. If you bulk up your order, you will see major differences in price.

Waiting for you to join the club!

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
I received my Maxx today. Although I have no initial complaints about quality, I am very, very disappointed with the unit. The hype and pseudo-advertising had led me to believe that these were true 3.7V devices. They are not.. they are the same 3.1-3.2 effective volt design that is used by the "competition" (eGo/Tornado/Riva/etc..).

Certainly usable... but not at all what I was hoping for.

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
I don't know the voltage of the battery but the unit certainly works exceptionally well for me. Therefore, it doesn't really matter to me.

For me, the better button and pricing itself makes this a better model.

As for returns, its basically the same as everyone else. There is no return policy or refund. However, you can return parts for replacements. If you don't wanna return the parts, they will replace parts together in your next order as long as it is a genuine case. No returns needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread