Status
Not open for further replies.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I think what TrollDragon was getting at was the defect rate. That's what retailers look at as to look at it any other way is pointless.

If on avg. you sell 100 smok mods a month 20 come back defective, that's a 20% defect rate.

If on avg. you sell 15 eleaf mods a month and 1 comes back defective, that's a 7% defect rate.

How much stock you carry of either mod or brand as opposed to the other has no bearing on the defect rate. If you sell only carry 10 smok units in a given month and you sell 5 every month, and you get 1 defect a month, that's still a 20% defect rate.

I have heard many times on various sites, from vape shop employees & owners, that smok has a high defect rate. And from my experience way back as a brief consumer of smok, I believe it. They may have good, solid products here and there, but all in all, probably a higher defect rate of all other popular brands.

That said, I do have a smok zMax v1 that's still kickin' :lol:

gsmit1

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 19, 2018
    This is clumsily copied and pasted from another forum.
    HTB1RPiLXzLuK1Rjy0Fhq6xpdFXaT_cr.jpg

This is the RBA for the Prince that I did for somebody else.
    Behind that red mark is space. The cotton needs to fill that whole port like the yellow part shows and block the space behind red part. But it still has to be loose enough to absorb juice too.

if you look down the middle you can see a piece of of a single coil insert from some rda I had that I cut down and wedged in there real good. On the underside you can't see it has this triangular shape. This is a very crude illustration with the red being the huge airflow hole, the circles being the coils and of course the middle shape being the piece I'm talking about. If you looked at it turned 45 degrees it would look like a square. The flat ends wedge it right in the airflow hole perfectly.
    20191106_185330_cr.jpg

Untitled_cr.jpg

gsmit1

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 19, 2018
    I think what TrollDragon was getting at was the defect rate. That's what retailers look at as to look at it any other way is pointless.

If on avg. you sell 100 smok mods a month 20 come back defective, that's a 20% defect rate.

If on avg. you sell 15 eleaf mods a month and 1 comes back defective, that's a 7% defect rate.

How much stock you carry of either mod or brand as opposed to the other has no bearing on the defect rate. If you sell only carry 10 smok units in a given month and you sell 5 every month, and you get 1 defect a month, that's still a 20% defect rate.

I have heard many times on various sites, from vape shop employees & owners, that smok has a high defect rate. And from my experience way back as a brief consumer of smok, I believe it. They may have good, solid products here and there, but all in all, probably a higher defect rate of all other popular brands.

That said, I do have a smok zMax v1 that's still kickin' :lol:
    I think noobs buy mods/kits in shops and no matter what you sell them, they will bring an unpleasant percentage of it back with problems that they unwittingly caused. Since Smok stuff is by far the biggest seller in shops, I think that accounts for a lot of it.

I further think that a decent % of them will google the problem, find out that it might have been caused by themselves and therefore know what to say when they bring it back to avoid eating the loss.

All that said, I even further think that Smok probably does have a higher failure rate than other companies due to their monstrously large mass production operations.

What I remain unconvinced of is that their stuff is pure junk to be avoided at all cost because it routinely has a very high rate of failure that is their fault. HighER is still not the same as VERY high.

I have numerous Smok products and they all still work fine. I know others, who are not noobs, who also have numerous Smok products with no more issues than they have with other products.

Maybe I'm all wet, but I have done quite a bit of observation and thinking about this and it seems that I'm at least in the ballpark.

• Agree
    Reactions: sonicbomb
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread