Status
Not open for further replies.

skydragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Mountain Cave
Below you will find the gist of why I felt this was my only recourse in addressing this matter. Be aware that after the last response I received from Geoff (which I will post) I have tried the following with no response. Completely ignored.

Three direct e-mails.
Three "contact me" messages from the Tasty Vapor site.
Three attempts at on-line chat spending a total of seventy plus minutes waiting for a response. The last time being yesterday.
One PM to Geoff on Thursday.

Mid Dec. of last year I placed my first order with TV. This was right before he was switching his payment methods.When I ordered I did not know he accepted payment by PayPal only, otherwise I would not have ordered. I received the invoice stating payment by PP. I e-mailed him and told him I was not aware that he only took PP, no where on the site did it state that, and I would not use them but was willing to pay by money order or check. I told him I would prefer to send a check so I wouldn't have to pay for a money order and that I was aware that he would probably want to hold the check for clearing.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

I received an e-mail back where he apologized about not making his payment options clear on his site but that PP was closing down vendors so he didn't advertise it. He told me to go ahead and send payment.

I mailed a check and notified him that a check was on the way. He then e-mailed me back saying something like "oh great, now I have to wait for your check to clear and I will have to wait to get your order done" I was a little surprised and a little taken aback because I had already stated I knew he would probably want to wait for the check to clear. Anyway, I e-mailed him back and said there must have been a misunderstanding and how about if I waited a few days for his site to be updated with different payment methods, re-order and he could send me my check back. I felt committed even though I don't think it was my fault for not knowing he took PP only since it wasn't stated on his site. So I ordered by cc once he had the payment methods in place and reminded him to just mail me back my check to which he agreed.

Well, Jan. came around and at some point it occurred to me that I should have received my check back by then so I e-mailed Geoff and asked if he had sent it as I had not gotten it yet. He told me he remembered putting it in a brown bubble wrap envelope and mailing it back to me and suggested that I might want to put a stop payment on it . It wouldn't have paid to put a stop payment on it as it would have cost me thirty dollars to do that. The check was for thirty-five.

Sooooooooooooooooo, imagine my surprise when I received my bank statement which showed that check clearing my bank on the eighth of February. I e-mailed Geoff again and told him it had been cashed and asked if maybe he had made a mistake and accidentally cashed it. He did respond and say his wife had found it and cashed it. He apologized and said he would refund me my money but I figured I might as well just get more juice. So I told him that and asked how I would go about that. I haven't heard a word since February 23rd.

I was trying to be patient as I knew he was having some problems but with no response out of all of the attempts I have made to contact him, I have surpassed my ability to be patient and understanding. There is no way they could not have responded to at least one of my e-mails or the PM.

Below is the last time I got any response from Geoff at Tasty Vapor

ME:

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 4:54 PM
To: Geoff Braithwaite
Subject: Enquiry from Tasty Vapor

Hi Geoff,

I don't know if you got my response after you e-mailed me but I had stated
that it would be fine with me if I just ordered juice instead of you sending
me the money back for the check. If that suits you, just let me know how we should do it. I wanted to wait to contact you again because I figured you would be very busy with your Atomic sale. Thanks.

GEOFF: (in response to what I wrote above)

I'm glad you got back to me, with the way things are going, it's easy for me to forget.

What would you like to order? You have $35 credit.

Apparently he meant I had a credit but would never let me use it.

As anyone can see I have been more than patient and understanding, even waiting until his Fireball sale was over so he could take care of that. Also notice my first sentence where I state "I don't know if you got my response" which means it was another ignored e-mail.

His lack of action about this matter is inexcusable. His outright lie about specifically remembering mailing me my check back is inexcusable and in my opinion shows the true character of his business.

Maybe I should address Geoff here since he ignores my attempts at contact.

Geoff, if you read this, know you left me no choice. Also at this point, I no longer want any liquid from you. I want a refund of my money in a timely fashion. And since you ignore all my attempts to contact you, know also that if I don't receive the money you owe me, I will take it further.

I used to tell people I like your juice and I still do but now I tell people to stay far, far away from you because you have shown your true colors.

Last edited by a moderator:

SailCat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2009
Beaverton, OR
www.SailCat.com

I'm glad you got back to me, with the way things are going, it's easy for me to forget.

I believe he meant you had a $35 credit to use fro whatever you'd like to order.

It seems clear to me. Geoff is a fair and just guy who makes a great product. You caught him at the worst possible time as he was in and out of the hospital while simultaneously changing business locations.

according to the exchange I quoted above, it sounds as if the majority of your dissatisfaction is based on your misunderstanding of Geoff's offer (which was the same as your request - a credit towards goods).

Be assured he will refund your money now that he is recovering and the new location is in operation.

Michael

KuiHiggins

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2010
Honolulu, HI

I believe he meant you had a $35 credit to use fro whatever you'd like to order.

It seems clear to me. Geoff is a fair and just guy who makes a great product. You caught him at the worst possible time as he was in and out of the hospital while simultaneously changing business locations.

according to the exchange I quoted above, it sounds as if the majority of your dissatisfaction is based on your misunderstanding of Geoff's offer (which was the same as your request - a credit towards goods).

Be assured he will refund your money now that he is recovering and the new location is in operation.

Michael
I don't think Skydragon misunderstood Geoff, simply was just trying to get a point across. I'm not taking any sides here, that's just how I read it.

Last edited:

martha1014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2009
Delhi, LA USA
This all sounds like a miscommunication. It was his fault he cashed your check (but an honest mistake) and you have every right to get upset. If you can't get a response from someone you feel like your being ignored.

I know exactly how you feel. I have had the same thing done to me. I returned some defective products with approval of supplier. After two weeks waiting on my refund (which was $150.00) and PM and emailed with no response I sent a pay pal request for my money. I then got a refund through amazon. I was not a member of amazon and had to set up an account. You have to wait 5-7 days for your bank account information then after this it takes another 5-7 days for the refund to go to your account.

I was not pleased with the way this was handled either. So you see I know exactly how you feel. As long as there are suppliers there will be customers with complaints. I realize they can't please everybody.

River

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2009
Independence, KY USA
Just out of curiosity how did you come to the conclusion that "what would you like to order" means you can't order anything and use up the credit?

This looks like nothing but a misunderstanding to me.

I have never placed a TV order but based on this experence I don't think I have anything to worry about when I finally do get around to placing one.

Deena

ECF Veteran
Dec 25, 2009
Louisville
Have you sent an email or PM with a note about what you want? In other words, "I have a credit of $35.00 because...., I would like to use that credit for....."

The check issue is disconcerting. It sounds like he told you that you could use the check, then acted angry about it, then agreed to mail it, then put it in an envelope, then his wife opened it and cashed it.

I hope you left some important details out of this scenario because it sounds pretty unethical to me, in spite of the great reputation Tasty Vapor has around this forum.

skydragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Mountain Cave

Hi SailCat,

Yes, I know he said I had a thirty-five dollar credit. But, he never responds to my efforts in contacting him asking how to use said credit. NOT ONCE! Talk is cheap as they say. Also, I am the one who at the time offered to just get liquid instead of having him send me a refund. To make it easier on him. Now I want a refund.

Yes, Geoff makes a good product. I can't say differently. But that does not alter the fact that I have been extremely patient and non-demanding even taking into consideration his Atomic sale he had way back in February. He is up and running. Any decent business person, heck any decent person would have taken two minutes to reply to at least one of my attempts at contacting him. As far as him changing his business facility and in and out of the hospital, you have to keep in mind this has been going on since mid February.

I think you are misunderstanding here.There may have initially been a misunderstanding as to whether he wanted a money order instead of a check but after that, no misunderstandings at all. I say may have been a misunderstanding because in reality he never said he wanted a money order only, he just send to go ahead and send payment after I asked if I could send a check.

I did not misunderstand when he told me he specifically remembered putting my check into a brown bubble wrap envelope and mailing it back to me.

I have not misunderstood the fact that he has completely ignored my questions as to how I should order. (actually use the credit) Again, words are cheap.

What exactly is there for me to have misunderstood?

He has had more than enough time and opportunity to take care of this matter. I would not have cared if he sent me a response telling me he was really busy but would get this taken care of soon. Something. Although if it were my business I would make darn sure I immediately took care of a situation like this. But he chose to completely ignore me which is inexcusable.

You may equate a good product with a good character, but he has shown me something that is not to be admired.

Michael

skydragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Mountain Cave
Just out of curiosity how did you come to the conclusion that "what would you like to order" means you can't order anything and use up the credit?

This looks like nothing but a misunderstanding to me.

I have never placed a TV order but based on this experence I don't think I have anything to worry about when I finally do get around to placing one.

Hi River,

I didn't come the conclusion that "what would you like to order" meant I couldn't order. I came to that conclusion after asking how I can order and never getting a response. To clarify, ten attempts after that last e-mail.

There was no actual credit in my account.

That is how I came to the conclusion. No misunderstanding. And again, this has been going on since mid Feb.

skydragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Mountain Cave
Have you sent an email or PM with a note about what you want? In other words, "I have a credit of $35.00 because...., I would like to use that credit for....."

Hi Deena,

Not verbatim, but very similar. Silly me even at one point asked if I could order more and have it added to what I was owed. The PM I sent Geoff last Thursday basically said that I didn't know what else to do. I have tried every way I know how to get a response from him and haven't since that Feb. e-mail.

The check issue is disconcerting. It sounds like he told you that you could use the check, then acted angry about it, then agreed to mail it, then put it in an envelope, then his wife opened it and cashed it.

I hope you left some important details out of this scenario because it sounds pretty unethical to me, in spite of the great reputation Tasty Vapor has around this forum.

Unfortunately, I haven't left anything out.

Deena

ECF Veteran
Dec 25, 2009
Louisville
Unfortunately, I haven't left anything out.

Well, then, I think you are being more than reasonable. I don't see how cashing the check, particularly after it had been placed in an envelope to be returned, is an honest mistake or a simple misunderstanding. I assume it was never put in the envelope. And another thing I don't understand is why it would be cashed if the company doesn't accept checks.

I do hope you get your money back and I do think, based on what you said, you deserve a refund if not more.

skydragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Mountain Cave
This all sounds like a miscommunication. It was his fault he cashed your check (but an honest mistake) and you have every right to get upset. If you can't get a response from someone you feel like your being ignored.

I know exactly how you feel. I have had the same thing done to me. I returned some defective products with approval of supplier. After two weeks waiting on my refund (which was $150.00) and PM and emailed with no response I sent a pay pal request for my money. I then got a refund through amazon. I was not a member of amazon and had to set up an account. You have to wait 5-7 days for your bank account information then after this it takes another 5-7 days for the refund to go to your account.

I was not pleased with the way this was handled either. So you see I know exactly how you feel. As long as there are suppliers there will be customers with complaints. I realize they can't please everybody.

Hi Martha,

You have no idea how much I wish it hadn't come to this. But it has and others need to be aware.

It sucks because he had my favorite liquid. lol. But like I said in an earlier post, we can't equate a good product with good character. :(

skydragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Mountain Cave
Well, then, I think you are being more than reasonable. I don't see how cashing the check, particularly after it had been placed in an envelope to be returned, is an honest mistake or a simple misunderstanding. I assume it was never put in the envelope. And another thing I don't understand is why it would be cashed if the company doesn't accept checks.

I do hope you get your money back and I do think, based on what you said, you deserve a refund if not more.

Hi Deena,

I admit I thought about those same things and it was also obvious he outright lied to me about sending the check back but I guess like so many others I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Now I have no doubts at all.

I don't know if he thought I would just get tired of asking and let it go or what. But that wouldn't be fair to me and it isn't fair to others if I don't say something. I probably should have sooner but I did take into consideration that he was moving and had been in the hospital. I think he kind of played me for a sucker.

Again, I have no doubts at all at this point.

redrhino

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NY,CA,FL
Ok this is Just my 2 cents worth.......I have never ordered from TV.....So i cannot comment on anyone being in the hospital or any one being busy with making there flavors or anything that pertains to that matter.....Since i don't follow that forum at all.....But what i can comment on is this......The OP Clearly stated that he/she tried to contact the supplier on numerous occasions.....Now Granted if the guy was in the hospital OK very Understandable....If the Guy was busy making his Juice or what ever the case might Be....No excuse to ignore any costumer just because you are busy making your product.....But OK i will give the supplier that one too....BUT when you are doing Business as usual like he seems to be doing..... Cause i just checked out the site.....There is no reason why the supplier should be avoiding his customers at all.....Bad business practice in my opinion.....Remember members if it wasn't for us The ECF members in the first place these suppliers would not exist....So a quick resolution to keep a costumer HAPPY is in any business owners best interest.....Especially these days...You got Juice suppliers Poping up all over the place and trying to out do each other with who's got the best juice......So in my opinion the OP's Gripe with the supplier is a genuine one...... Just my 2 Cents Worth.....

Deena

ECF Veteran
Dec 25, 2009
Louisville
Ok this is Just my 2 cents worth....Remember members if it wasn't for us The ECF members in the first place these suppliers would not exist....So a quick resolution to keep a costumer HAPPY is in any business owners best interest.....Especially these days...You got Juice suppliers Poping up all over the place and trying to out do each other with who's got the best juice......So in my opinion the OP's Gripe with the supplier is a genuine one.....

I think you've made some really good points in general about the relationship between suppliers/vendors and consumers. We, and I'm guilty as well, seem to treat our favorite suppliers/vendors like we treat our favorite sports teams and I have to wonder if that's good consumer practice.

Brewster 59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2009
North Bay San Francisco
I actually read this post with the intent of ripping you because I love TV. I know Geoff has had problems lately but really that isnt an excuse for this.
I would like to hear Geoffs side of the story cuz this doesnt make sense at all. Geoff has a geat rep and does a lot of buisness here why would he risk that for $35 bucks? Anywho at this point if you have the emails and proof of what you says is true I would contact the moderators as Geoff is a registered supplier and they mediate situations like this. If it was me at this point I would do what it takes to get my money back. It wouldnt be about the money its the point of the issue IMO.

Last edited:

skydragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Mountain Cave
I would send him an email, or contact him on live chat and tell him what juices I wanted for my 35 dollar credit. I'm sure he will send them right out to you.

Hi rfun,

Since the last e-mail dated Feb. 23rd, I have sent him three direct e-mails, three e-mails through the contact me page, tried the live chat for a total of over seventy minutes of waiting (no one ever came on and yes it did say online) and one PM. I really think he has had his chances.

keveck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2010
aaa
Have you tried sending him an email recently? He just changed hosting companies because of problems with the hosting company, which also messed up his email. I've had problems getting responses too, but I'm didn't know why until recently. He could not send out emails for a while. And there was the amount of time he was in the hospital, and the huge amount of orders that got backed up during the switch to a new website...

This just sounds odd to me. I'm not saying that you are exaggerating or not telling the whole story. I've never had any problems with Tasty Vapor though, and I just placed a $110 order. If he was really out to screw people over, I don't see why he would mess up a $35 order when some people order a lot more.

Try posting in his forum, or email him again. He said recently that his email is working now, so your problem should be resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread