Beyond Vape Silo (V1), non-sub ohm belter...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheddy Vapes

Jul 20, 2015
Chepstow, SE Wales
So I purchased a few items the other day and I am super impressed with the Silo tank by Beyond Vape.

I like everyone else jumped on the sub ohm band wagon and after I got over the love for the clouds and the ability to lower the nic massively without losing any hit I started notice how much juice I'm going through so I was looking around for a tank that won't drink juice but performs great and i came across the Silo tank.

At the time of writing this i have two set ups on my desk. The Atlantis V2 on an Eleaf Istick 100w (0.30ohms@75w=4.7v) filled with a home brew red grape, and the Silo V1 on The One Box (1.74ohms@15w=5.0v) filled with some Chinstrap from Penguin juice. I surprisingly find myself reaching for the Silo and One Box combo.

Despite the coil reading at 1.74 ohms and the airflow being minute compared to the atlantis, its much closer to a nautilus, it's performing great.

Packaging: 9/10
The packaging is subtle and easy on the eye with a top containing a picture of the beautiful tank and the word Silo on it. The rear of the box lists the features of the tank and the package contents. The package is a really nice one and comes with so great touches like two drip tips, a beauty ring and two coil heads.
All this is in a sleek looking matte black box.

Looks: 9/10
To me this is the best looking tank I have and a definite contender for all the best looking tank out there.
It's a classy looking tank with only enough glass showing out of the stainless steel so you can check your juice level. The base of the tank is pretty much the same as the nautilus just with the Beyond Vape branding. It look great on all the mods I have seen it on and definitely looks at home on high end mods. However it is very tall, i forget exactly how tall now but it's the exact height of my One Box with the drip tip on it, which isn't for everyone. But saying that you can get a dropper kit which reduces the size of the tank, your only problem then is that you lose that lovely 5ml capacity.

Features: 9/10
Adjustable air flow which I will touch on later, spring loaded 510, BVC coil heads, 5ml juice capacity, 22mm diameter and stainless steel covering most of the glass protecting it. The Silo uses the same coils as the Aspire Nautilus and Nautilus Mini which is great as I absolutely love the 1.6ohm BVC (bottom vertical coil) even though the Silo came with BDC's (bottom dual coil) the first thing I did was swap them out for the the Aspire BVC coil heads. The juice capacity in this thing is great, after owning a few 5ml sub ohm tanks this one feels like its a 7-8ml tank and can keep me going through a long day and a heavy night of tooting. 22mm is pretty much standard for tanks now which means it will sit super flush on all devises but it is super tall, my guess is standing a proud 50 or so mm. Instead of bothering me though, I think it looks awesome. Oh and it comes with a spare drip tip, well not spare different. You get a wide(ish) bore drip tip and a real tight bore drip tip depending on your gaping preferences.

Airflow Control (AFC): 8/10
Beyond Vape's Silo has a pretty tight airflow compared to say my Subtank but after taking a few hits on an old ce4 it felt airy as hell. It has four airflow options; 1.1mm (definitely dreaded ce4 territory), 1.4mm (not a lot of a difference), 1.8mm (getting there) and a 1.8mm slot with an area of 2.5mm (bang on the money). I tend to rock this fully open and, heres comes another reference, it feels just like a Nautilus. It's pretty tight and you can by no means do direct lung hits like on your Atlantis or Subtank but the mouth to lung hits are pretty awesome from this. So for what this tank is, a sleek non-sub ohm tank the airflow is pretty good. Okay maybe it could have been slightly bigger, 3.3mm would be perfect for this tank in my opinion but it's a sacrifice i think we would all be able to make with this tank everything else seems so damn near perfect with it.

Flavour: 8/10 (because the stock coils let it down)
At the moment I'm using the aspire BVC coils and have the Silo filled with some Chinstrap from Penguin Juice and it's really hitting the sweet spot. One thing I will say is that the stock BDC coils are a little dull in flavour but hey just get some new coils right? I can really make out the Greek Yogurt in the vape and the blueberries are just crisp and not too overpowering.

Vapour Production: 9/10
Now this is where I was super impressed at 15w it's putting out really well and thats with the stock coil, swap in my BVC friend and oh hell it's good. Don't get me wrong you won't be winning any cloud comps any time soon... or ever with this thing. But for a 1.74ohm coil, she's chucking.

Overall: 52/60
I have actually found this to be my go to vape for being in work or the car now (unless i'm in the mood for some clouds ;)) as it has everything i could want. The looks are phenomenal, it throws vapour like there's no tomorrow but doesn't take up the worlds supply of Namber Juice, and the flavour profile I get with any juice I chuck in here is awesome. I really love this tank. I have also found that when I smashed the glass (it fell out of a moving car please don't ask) the nautilus glass is the same so i just chucked a glass piece from an old nautilus I have with the AFC buggered. If you're looking for a nice tank and can't be bother with sub-ohming or like myself wanted a tank that wouldn't drink juice like it's an alcoholic drinking in a liquor store giving out free booze, then this is the one for you. In my words this is categorically the best non-sub ohm tank on the market.

Reactions: fiKnight
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread