hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there

Sorry, something went wrong with the formatting.

Attachments

• upload_2019-8-24_11-18-20.jpg
      upload_2019-8-24_11-18-20.jpg
      16.5 KB · Views: 7
    • upload_2019-8-24_11-18-20.jpg
      upload_2019-8-24_11-18-20.jpg
      51 KB · Views: 7

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Welcome back for another review. I was supplied the Bident Pod dual coil pod system by Geekvape in order to do an honest and fair review. I’ve tried several different pod systems in the past and have had the Bident for a couple weeks now so feel like I’ve given it a fair try and am ready to give my thoughts on it so let’s get started.

What’s in the box:

1x Bident Pod Kit
    (Pre-installed with N80, 0.8ohm Pod)
    1x Bident Pod-B2 (N80, 1.2ohm)
    1x USB Charging Cable
    1x User Manual

upload_2019-8-24_11-22-56.jpg

I didn’t receive a user manual as the unit I received was marked as a sample. However, Geekvape’s website is very informative and I was able to navigate the operation of the unit. I would like to mention that the charging cable that comes with the Bident has a USB-C connection that plugs into the device so all of your old charging cables aren’t going to work with this device unless you have an adapter to take it to the USB-C. You’re going to want to keep track of the cable that comes included.

SPECIFICATIONS:

Parameters:
    Bident Battery
    3-color LED indicator
    950mAh built-in battery
    Longest vaping time: 10s
    Working temp: -10- 45℃
    Standby current: <10uA
    Coil resistance: 0.5- 3ohm
    Low voltage warning: 3.3V±0.1V
    PCBA temperature alarm: 80℃

Bident Pod
    PCT material
    Dual coil system
    3.5ml juice capacity
    Bottom filling mode
    0.8ohm refillable DTL pod
    (N80, 14- 18W)
    1.2ohm refillable MTL pod
    (N80, 9- 12W)
    Seal oil way: Silicone plug

Features:
    -LED battery life indicator light
    -Bottom fill system, silicone stopper
    -950mAh long lasting built-in battery
    -High quality zinc alloy chassis construction

First Impressions:

As usual, Geekvape used very nice packaging for the unit. I think the black carbon fiber is an attractive look on this unit and doesn’t draw too much attention. The unit seems fairly small for a 950mah unit. It is very simple to operate. Five clicks of the fire button turns the unit on and off while three clicks of the fire button changes the voltage output range. There is a light indicator that changes with the voltage so it is easy to see which range you are in. 3.4V has a white indicator, 3.6V has a blue indicator, and 3.8V has a green indicator.

I personally don’t use pod devices as all day every day units. For me, a pod device is for when I need a size friendly unit when out and about to pocket carry and be somewhat inconspicuous. I do however want a satisfying vape experience. That’s where some pod devices I’ve tried have failed. They might be a good size or a nice form fit but fail when it’s time to actually serve the purpose that they are intended for which is to vape and deliver at least decent flavor. The Bident checked all the boxes for me so far. Also the 950mah battery surprised me at how long it lasted since the pods are dual coil.

The pods that were shipped with the unit are both N80 material while one is .8 intended for DTL vaping and the other is 1.2 intended for MTL vaping. I’ve seen some people say that the MTL pod is too airy but that was not the case for me. I know the product description says that the unit is shipped with the .8 pod preinstalled but mine was not. Mine had the 1.2 installed and the .8 pod was sealed. I used a menthol tobacco which is 70/30 VG/PG in the 1.2 pod which fits the scenario of being somewhat stealth since it has a very low scent. The amount of vapor produced by the Bident is not what I would call stealth. The dual coils really put out what I consider to be medium amount of vapor which might be a little hard to conceal if one was trying to stealth vape. I loaded the .8 pod with a custard flavor to see how the flavor production was. I would say that it’s very good for a pod device but not better than an RTA or sub tank. It is very much satisfactory in my opinion. I was surprised that is seemed to me that the 1.2 MTL pod seemed to have more airflow than the .8 DTL pod. I thought both pods performed well but did prefer the 1.2 pod. Two things that I really like about the pods are that you can see the liquid level in the pod fairly easy and that the fill port for the pods is large enough to accommodate most bottles and even dropper bottles. I don’t normally use many stock images but thought that this one was a very good representation.

upload_2019-8-24_11-22-56.jpg

I’m not sure exactly why but did notice that the 1.2 pod that I used the most would tend to pop up just a little bit instead of being completely seated in the unit but did not affect the function and is easy enough to just push back in. After two weeks of use I noticed very little condensation or moisture inside the Bident where the pod seats. That is a plus for me since condensation/leakage really bothers me. I also wanted to mention that the pods are labeled on one side but it is very hard for me to see without a magnifying glass.

Final Thoughts:

I’ve owned and used 8-10 different pod devices and the Bident is the first one that has hit almost all the marks for me. I like the size, form factor, and performance as well as flavor production. Most of the ones I have tried have one thing or another going for them but don’t do everything I’m looking for in a pod device. I saw that some people don’t like the wide mouthpiece that is used on the Bident but I find it comfortable. I took the Bident with me for a total of seven hours of driving to move my daughter in to college and found that it was easy to carry in a pocket (turned off) and I didn’t have to worry about leaking or anything. I wasn’t chain vaping it but did use it a fair amount and the battery lasted very well. The only real cons I could think of are the cartridge raising up which could possibly get annoying and the new USB-C connector on the unit. If you’re like me, you’ve got a ton of mods/devices that you’ve got charging cords for that will not work on the Bident. The only thing I can think of for a reason to do this is that more manufacturers are moving to USB-C. I know that my daughter’s new MacBook now has USB-C connectors on it which we were a little aggravated about. It no longer has standard USB or anything. We had to buy an additional adapter that had USB and card reader. I don’t know if the vaping world is going to move everything to USB-C but it’s going to be a little bit of an awkward transition if so. In closing, I would like to say that I very much like the Bident Pod system and once again Geekvape has put out a quality product. However, there is always room for improvement. I have yet to see how long a pod will last but what is really needed in the world of pods is a long lasting pod that doesn’t cost $4-$5 each. Also, I’d like to see a clear pod that is very easy to see the liquid level in. The Bident pods are an improvement over some like the Frenzy pods as far as being able to see but it could be better. Thanks for taking the time to read my review. I look forward to any conversations that might arise.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Welcome back for another review. I was supplied the Bident Pod dual coil pod system by Geekvape in order to do an honest and fair review. I’ve tried several different pod systems in the past and have had the Bident for a couple weeks now so feel like I’ve given it a fair try and am ready to give my thoughts on it so let’s get started.

What’s in the box:

1x Bident Pod Kit
    (Pre-installed with N80, 0.8ohm Pod)
    1x Bident Pod-B2 (N80, 1.2ohm)
    1x USB Charging Cable
    1x User Manual

View attachment 834293

I didn’t receive a user manual as the unit I received was marked as a sample. However, Geekvape’s website is very informative and I was able to navigate the operation of the unit. I would like to mention that the charging cable that comes with the Bident has a USB-C connection that plugs into the device so all of your old charging cables aren’t going to work with this device unless you have an adapter to take it to the USB-C. You’re going to want to keep track of the cable that comes included.

SPECIFICATIONS:

Parameters:
    Bident Battery
    3-color LED indicator
    950mAh built-in battery
    Longest vaping time: 10s
    Working temp: -10- 45℃
    Standby current: <10uA
    Coil resistance: 0.5- 3ohm
    Low voltage warning: 3.3V±0.1V
    PCBA temperature alarm: 80℃

Bident Pod
    PCT material
    Dual coil system
    3.5ml juice capacity
    Bottom filling mode
    0.8ohm refillable DTL pod
    (N80, 14- 18W)
    1.2ohm refillable MTL pod
    (N80, 9- 12W)
    Seal oil way: Silicone plug

Features:
    -LED battery life indicator light
    -Bottom fill system, silicone stopper
    -950mAh long lasting built-in battery
    -High quality zinc alloy chassis construction

First Impressions:

As usual, Geekvape used very nice packaging for the unit. I think the black carbon fiber is an attractive look on this unit and doesn’t draw too much attention. The unit seems fairly small for a 950mah unit. It is very simple to operate. Five clicks of the fire button turns the unit on and off while three clicks of the fire button changes the voltage output range. There is a light indicator that changes with the voltage so it is easy to see which range you are in. 3.4V has a white indicator, 3.6V has a blue indicator, and 3.8V has a green indicator.

I personally don’t use pod devices as all day every day units. For me, a pod device is for when I need a size friendly unit when out and about to pocket carry and be somewhat inconspicuous. I do however want a satisfying vape experience. That’s where some pod devices I’ve tried have failed. They might be a good size or a nice form fit but fail when it’s time to actually serve the purpose that they are intended for which is to vape and deliver at least decent flavor. The Bident checked all the boxes for me so far. Also the 950mah battery surprised me at how long it lasted since the pods are dual coil.

The pods that were shipped with the unit are both N80 material while one is .8 intended for DTL vaping and the other is 1.2 intended for MTL vaping. I’ve seen some people say that the MTL pod is too airy but that was not the case for me. I know the product description says that the unit is shipped with the .8 pod preinstalled but mine was not. Mine had the 1.2 installed and the .8 pod was sealed. I used a menthol tobacco which is 70/30 VG/PG in the 1.2 pod which fits the scenario of being somewhat stealth since it has a very low scent. The amount of vapor produced by the Bident is not what I would call stealth. The dual coils really put out what I consider to be medium amount of vapor which might be a little hard to conceal if one was trying to stealth vape. I loaded the .8 pod with a custard flavor to see how the flavor production was. I would say that it’s very good for a pod device but not better than an RTA or sub tank. It is very much satisfactory in my opinion. I was surprised that is seemed to me that the 1.2 MTL pod seemed to have more airflow than the .8 DTL pod. I thought both pods performed well but did prefer the 1.2 pod. Two things that I really like about the pods are that you can see the liquid level in the pod fairly easy and that the fill port for the pods is large enough to accommodate most bottles and even dropper bottles. I don’t normally use many stock images but thought that this one was a very good representation.

View attachment 834295

I’m not sure exactly why but did notice that the 1.2 pod that I used the most would tend to pop up just a little bit instead of being completely seated in the unit but did not affect the function and is easy enough to just push back in. After two weeks of use I noticed very little condensation or moisture inside the Bident where the pod seats. That is a plus for me since condensation/leakage really bothers me. I also wanted to mention that the pods are labeled on one side but it is very hard for me to see without a magnifying glass.

Final Thoughts:

I’ve owned and used 8-10 different pod devices and the Bident is the first one that has hit almost all the marks for me. I like the size, form factor, and performance as well as flavor production. Most of the ones I have tried have one thing or another going for them but don’t do everything I’m looking for in a pod device. I saw that some people don’t like the wide mouthpiece that is used on the Bident but I find it comfortable. I took the Bident with me for a total of seven hours of driving to move my daughter in to college and found that it was easy to carry in a pocket (turned off) and I didn’t have to worry about leaking or anything. I wasn’t chain vaping it but did use it a fair amount and the battery lasted very well. The only real cons I could think of are the cartridge raising up which could possibly get annoying and the new USB-C connector on the unit. If you’re like me, you’ve got a ton of mods/devices that you’ve got charging cords for that will not work on the Bident. The only thing I can think of for a reason to do this is that more manufacturers are moving to USB-C. I know that my daughter’s new MacBook now has USB-C connectors on it which we were a little aggravated about. It no longer has standard USB or anything. We had to buy an additional adapter that had USB and card reader. I don’t know if the vaping world is going to move everything to USB-C but it’s going to be a little bit of an awkward transition if so. In closing, I would like to say that I very much like the Bident Pod system and once again Geekvape has put out a quality product. However, there is always room for improvement. I have yet to see how long a pod will last but what is really needed in the world of pods is a long lasting pod that doesn’t cost $4-$5 each. Also, I’d like to see a clear pod that is very easy to see the liquid level in. The Bident pods are an improvement over some like the Frenzy pods as far as being able to see but it could be better. Thanks for taking the time to read my review. I look forward to any conversations that might arise.
    Nice job, very thorough

Reactions: hittman
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread